Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

It's a non issue. Dummett hasn't played this year, if we extend his contract it's for the purposes of having "institutional" men around the squad.

I've no doubt that Dummett is already working towards finding a backroom role within the club or even somewhere like Gateshead.

He won't play next year unless we have a major crisis.

There’s loads of reasons why a manager might want to keep an older pro like Dummett around the club for a while longer. No idea why people’s heads fall off when it gets mentioned. Was the same a few months ago when they were talking about Ritchie getting an extension. There’s an almost childlike understanding of how the real world works.

7 minutes ago, christ said:

There’s loads of reasons why a manager might want to keep an older pro like Dummett around the club for a while longer. No idea why people’s heads fall off when it gets mentioned. Was the same a few months ago when they were talking about Ritchie getting an extension. There’s an almost childlike understanding of how the real world works.

We struggled to get shot of the likes of Clark, Gayle, Hendrick, Hayden. Chances are we're paying the majority of a large contribution towards their wages. We got lucky as owt that Forest came along and took Wood and Shelvey from us. We should be winding down these sorts of contracts to free up squad places rather than renewing deadwood when we're still increasing quality. On a nominal wage in the U23 role like some clubs have adopted but not in the first-team squad then great. 

27 minutes ago, christ said:

Huge week coming up for you. 

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We struggled to get shot of the likes of Clark, Gayle, Hendrick, Hayden. Chances are we're paying the majority of a large contribution towards their wages. We got lucky as owt that Forest came along and took Wood and Shelvey from us. We should be winding down these sorts of contracts to free up squad places rather than renewing deadwood when we're still increasing quality. On a nominal wage in the U23 role like some clubs have adopted but not in the first-team squad then great. 

Who are we freeing up squad spaces for? We’re not going to go out and buy two genuine quality left backs in the summer whether Dummett stays or goes. The idea having him occupy what would be fourth choice in the pecking order is going to have any meaningful impact on our ability to bring people in is a bit daft.

If the club think there’s a need to retain him it suggests they’d look to replace him if he went. Getting an equivalent in terms of ability and experience to come in and be fourth choice will cost more. There’s no comparison with bumper deals we dished out to others during Ashley’s tenure. They’re talking about a one year extension, two at the most I’d imagine.

At this level you need to have players around squads who coaches can trust to follow instructions in drills etc. Until we have that cradle to grave pipeline of lads who all know how to play the NUFC way and can slot in to training sessions you’re going to need Paul Dummetts and Matt Ritchies around the squad. 

Player who has been on our radar for a while is still on our radar which means little anywhere. 

I still think there should be a transfer news blackout, then the start of the season the new squads should be unveiled all at once by them jumping out of dry ice as a surprise. 

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

Player who has been on our radar for a while is still on our radar which means little anywhere. 

I still think there should be a transfer news blackout, then the start of the season the new squads should be unveiled all at once by them jumping out of dry ice as a surprise. 

Did you previously work at Villareal?

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Reports in Italy that Marcus Thuram has turned down Inter, who were supposedly our biggest competition for him according to previous articles.

Versatile powerful forward on a free would be a shrewd signing especially with extra European games hopefully. 

Add Diaby, Kone and Maddison we’ll be sorted in the summer.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Reports in Italy that Marcus Thuram has turned down Inter, who were supposedly our biggest competition for him according to previous articles.

Really would be an excellent business or us. Not only a position we are desperate in, being on a free would leave us to spend big on other positions.

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Versatile powerful forward on a free would be a shrewd signing especially with extra European games hopefully. 

Add Diaby, Kone and Maddison we’ll be sorted in the summer.

I mean, yeah that would be amazing but I can’t see us getting all of those in one window. It would be the stuff of dreams. 

2 minutes ago, LV said:

I mean, yeah that would be amazing but I can’t see us getting all of those in one window. It would be the stuff of dreams. 

160 million for the lot - 30 million for St Max, probably ambitious but if we made CL who the fuck knows what PIF will do.

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

160 million for the lot - 30 million for St Max, probably ambitious but if we made CL who the fuck knows what PIF will do.

I’d be over the moon with that lot. Let’s see, but I can’t imagine a window that good. 

3 hours ago, elbee909 said:

He'd play centre/defensive midfield, as that's his position.

Think he's referring to Marcus and not Khepren. Marcus can play anywhere along the front 3, or as part of a strike partnership with Isak (which I think would work very well).

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think it was @KaKa linking us to Fati from Barcelona the other day, Spanish press saying they need to raise 200 million by the summer and he has been made available.

Not surprised he’s been made available if he’s on £200k a week

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

Not surprised he’s been made available if he’s on £200k a week

Ourselves, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd now linked. We certainly won’t match his wages, the others probably will.