Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Chelsea would seem an obvious place for Fati, they'll happily give him a 6/7yr deal at 250kpw at his age. 

If we're talking about taking players from Barca, I'd be looking at Joules Kounde, that would be a fantastic signing. Not cheap for a defender obviously (£65m+) but would cover RB as well as CB.

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Not surprised he’s been made available if he’s on £200k a week

Yeah, was disappointed when his salary was brought up, as I had no idea he was on that much already. Likely rules him out.

22 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Krul and Forster would be a reasonable move however if Karius was to leave this summer.

Jak Alnwick possibly too if we're desperate

Edited by joeyt

4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think it was @KaKa linking us to Fati from Barcelona the other day, Spanish press saying they need to raise 200 million by the summer and he has been made available.

I’d be pushing to sign Ferran if that’s the case. 

If we qualify for Champions league will it be a case of four £50 million players to boost our squad with the likes of Fraser and Co leaving, because our squad looks quite strong under Eddie.

£50/55m for a player like Ferlan Mendy isn't all that bad. He's been injured alot recently though, I wonder whether he'll come back the same player or not (lost a bit of pace/agilty) and perhaps that's why they are willing to let him go.

I think sadly for Burn and Target, LB is a position where we need to go big and I don't necessarily mean price tag big, but they need to be top top quality because of how we play.

Piece in the i newspaper at the weekend, saying there are three different lists of targets depending on where we finish. One for missing out on Europe, one for Europa league, one for Champions league. Not sure how the journo knows/what he was basing it on, but loved the comment that the latter list could see us going for the quality of players most had assumed we were 4 or 5 years away from. 
:pedro:

46 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Piece in the i newspaper at the weekend, saying there are three different lists of targets depending on where we finish. One for missing out on Europe, one for Europa league, one for Champions league. Not sure how the journo knows/what he was basing it on, but loved the comment that the latter list could see us going for the quality of players most had assumed we were 4 or 5 years away from. 
:pedro:

That's probably just guesswork tbh, I mean it's just common sense that our budget would be adjusted if we make the CL. If we make the Europa we'll need more bodies regardless.

Just now, TRon said:

That's probably just guesswork tbh, I mean it's just common sense that our budget would be adjusted if we make the CL. If we make the Europa we'll need more bodies regardless.

We could probably do with more quality to replace existing players but our squad wont grow will it ?

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

We could probably do with more quality to replace existing players but our squad wont grow will it ?

Not sure what you mean, but yeah I would think the idea would be to replace our squad players with better players incrementally.

Just now, TRon said:

Not sure what you mean, but yeah I would think the idea would be to replace our squad players with better players incrementally.

Our keeper situation is ok, potentially defense replacement if Dummett goes and an upgrade on Lascelles, however I wouldn't be upset if they stayed, Murphy is a good squad player along with Anderson, personally I think Wilson needs a replacement but it would need to be a worldie. Overall I think the squad needs tweak's not overhaul.

The Squad lacks depth.

There are only 4 midfielders and 3 start each game - so that’s 2 short minimum 

There are 6 forwards/wingers but you’d expect to use 5 or 6 every match, and the depth of quality isn’t there either - another 2 players short.

RB depends on Ashby, can’t expect Trippier to play both league and potentially European games. CB needs 1 more, potentially a young player - remember when Liverpool risked it and only had 3 CBS, a couple of injuries and their season imploded.

GK i think depends on Dubs, if he leaves Then need another backup of sufficient quality 

So to get the squad up to European competition level still needs about 6, and that’s with keeping on everyone who has contributed this season. It won’t all happen this summer but it’s more than tweaks.

Impossible to challenge on multiple fronts without using the full 25 man squads now - especially with the new subs rules hiking the number of players used each match