Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Pedro is a player I think can come in and do really well from the off, but most importantly grow massively as a player with better players around him and our style of play within time. As said his versatility is a bonus as well as being used to the league and environment so it won’t take him long to adapt. also half the price of Diaby which leaves cash for other areas to strengthen too. Think it would be shrewd business. Has the technical ability to go very far. Makes much sense. 

We could more or less get him and Veiga for the same price as Diaby. 

Edited by Ikon

25 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Pedro starting for Watford away at Coventry on sky sports if anyone wants to watch him.

18 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Cracking goal from Pedro 

:lol:

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

Don't think I've seen a Watford game this season but according to FBRef he's among the most creative forwards in the division and his defensive stats would indicate an ability to fit into the Howe press. Does seem to make sense as a sighing, like. 

1 hour ago, Menace said:

Yes please. Watford fan I know raves about him.

Yes, Watford fans seem to rate him very highly. I'd be more than happy to get him in even after a poor season by his standards.

I’m really hoping that players see us as the best place to come to forward their careers.  We have a plan and we buy a player as he’s a fit for us. We stick to the plan. Look as Botman, now Pedro.  Compare us to scattergun Chelsea’s approach where you can join and end up sitting on the floor as they’ve signed so many players.  If we’re interested in you and you want to progress under good management at team and player level they should know where to come to.  

From the little i have seen I think Pedro is pretty complete as a player. Yeah he can and probably will get a lot better at many things but he looks like one that has more or less everything in his locker. 

As we get closer to the next transfer market, rumors will start popping up in bunches. With Newcastle United now under the ownership of the Saudi Arabia PIF, expect all sorts of names to get linked with the club for both arrivals and exits.

The last name to make the list: Newcastle Academy product Elliot Anderson.

In an entry published on Tuesday, April 11, in his newsletter, football insider Fabrizio Romano revealed that he’s been told that “a decision on what to do with Elliot Anderson has not yet been made” by the club nor Eddie Howe.

According to Romano, Howe himself “asked” the team and the club to be “totally focused” on qualifying for the Champions League. That, in turn, is delaying any and every decision—whether those are related to Anderson in particular or any other upcoming transfer no matter if that involves signing players or selling them—made by Newcastle at this stage of the season.

Romano wrote that Newcastle’s staff are “happy” with Anderson’s “impact and development,” although the journalist also made clear that the future of the youngster with the Magpies is “open and undecided at the moment.”

Just for context, Anderson signed an unspecified “long-term deal” with Newcastle last September while already under contract until June 2024 back then.

Anderson turned 20 years old last November and he signed his first professional contract with Newcastle back in 2019. The midfielder spent time away from St James’ Park while loaned to Bristol Rovers, but he came back to Tyneside to train with the team ahead of this season and ultimately earned a place in the first-team squad.

The Academy product, labeled the “Geordie Maradona” by the supporters of the club, was believed to be considered a key piece of the organization going forward and one to keep around while bolstering the rest of the team taking advantage of the PIF resources.

After this news, though, it’s not quite clear which path Newcastle will follow and whether or not Anderson’s days in Tyneside are numbered and approaching a final countdown

Found this write up elsewhere. Basically the news is that there is no news. Click bait Romano.

I think we will get Gallagher, Pedro and one more defender for the coming summer, totally around 100M. Then unless there is a cut price deal available in the market (like Gordon), that would be it. Our strategy seems to try to balance between long term targets and unexpected lucrative deals

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

I think we will get Gallagher, Pedro and one more defender for the coming summer, totally around 100M. Then unless there is a cut price deal available in the market (like Gordon), that would be it. Our strategy seems to try to balance between long term targets and unexpected lucrative deals

No thanks with regards to Gallagher - Gabri Veiga costs £35m and is a better player 

20 hours ago, LFEE said:

19 hours ago, 80 said:

Practicing his NUFC celebration. Respect the forward thinking.

Yep, he's shown he has a proficient knee-slide celebration. It's a yes from me!

15 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah I reckon we get 6 players in, obviously not all will be big money. Do feel a free signing like Tielemans would give us bigger scope to improve other areas as well.

Based on rumours 

Tierney

CB??

Ugarte

Veiga

Diaby

J Pedro

As good a window as you can ever get tbh

19 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Based on rumours 

Tierney

CB??

Ugarte

Veiga

Diaby

J Pedro

As good a window as you can ever get tbh

Be an unbelievable window 

Edited by SUPERTOON

33 minutes ago, Zero said:

Reckon we’ll see Lavia, Pedro, an unsuccessful attempt on Maddison, a youngish cb/Lb and 2 other highly rated youth prospects (u19). Same total spend of 100m-ish.

Edited by McCormick

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Reckon we’ll see Lavia, Pedro, an unsuccessful attempt on Maddison, a youngish cb/Lb and 2 other highly rated youth prospects (u19). Same total spend of 100m-ish.

Where does Maddison end up if we can’t do a deal?