Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Just seen an article that says we had one of our scouts Mick Tait at the Coventry vs Luton game to scout Viktor Gyokeres.

What's really interesting, that I didn't realise, is that he was actually brought to the UK by Brighton under Ashworth at 18 years old, and they were the ones that sold him to Coventry.

Last twist is that he featured internationally for Sweden last year and played alongside Isak, who spoke well of him after the game and enjoyed playing with him.

Maybe one to keep an eye on, as a fairly priced third striker option with some upside to eventually take Wilson's place longer term, that will be happy to be part of the rotation in the meantime, as Wilson's fitness is unreliable.

I’d imagine any striker we sign this summer would be one that can play across the front 3, not sure if Gyokeres fits that mould ?

6 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Why is my newsnow feed filled with stories about the dippers being in talks for Bruno.. i mean i know it's bullshit, but is it just a campaign to try and unsettle him? Or agent hijinks to get a better contract?

"From Goal.com sources" tells you all you need to know, tbf:lol:

One of the replies on the F365 forum - "It is well known that Bruno has always dreamed of Europa League football". :lol:

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Just seen an article that says we had one of our scouts Mick Tait at the Coventry vs Luton game to scout Viktor Gyokeres.

What's really interesting, that I didn't realise, is that he was actually brought to the UK by Brighton under Ashworth at 18 years old, and they were the ones that sold him to Coventry.

Last twist is that he featured internationally for Sweden last year and played alongside Isak, who spoke well of him after the game and enjoyed playing with him.

Maybe one to keep an eye on, as a fairly priced third striker option with some upside to eventually take Wilson's place longer term, that will be happy to be part of the rotation in the meantime, as Wilson's fitness is unreliable.

He absolutely screams Brentford with Toney's injury.

22 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d imagine any striker we sign this summer would be one that can play across the front 3, not sure if Gyokeres fits that mould ?

Think we need another legit striker option, because just Isak and Wilson could get tricky, due to Wilson's propensity to miss games through injury.

Our current wide options are ASM, Gordon, Almiron, Murphy and Isak can feature in those positions too if needed. Think we just need another higher end right side option to compete with Miggy.

Gyokeres has been the focal point for Coventry and so have only seen him play up top, but reading some scout reports, he can apparently do a job wide left too.

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Selling a third choice role to a new signing is tricky, unless they’re really young or old. 

Yeah, this is true. Would be great if he was up for it though. His 24 goals and 13 assists across all comps this season was very impressive.

12 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

This would be huge for us. He'll be a popular target for many sides.

Would be awesome though, his playing style would be perfect fit.

I've watched Milikovic-Savic play several times and he's a little slow for the Premier League. He is a kind of Pogba who plays more advanced as a shadow striker.  

The hype around him was monstrous at the time of the 2018 World Cup, but he was very bad.

Think about it, at the age of 28 he still hasn't managed to leave Lazio. There's something about him that doesn't appeal to the big European teams, unless he's being sold for a "discount", like now.

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

He absolutely screams Brentford with Toney's injury.

Not a bad shout actually. Would be a great pick up for them while Toney is out.

20 minutes ago, cranna said:

I've watched Milikovic-Savic play several times and he's a little slow for the Premier League. He is a kind of Pogba who plays more advanced as a shadow striker.  

The hype around him was monstrous at the time of the 2018 World Cup, but he was very bad.

Think about it, at the age of 28 he still hasn't managed to leave Lazio. There's something about him that doesn't appeal to the big European teams, unless he's being sold for a "discount", like now.

Yeah but is he better than Billing pound for pound? ???

I would assume Pedro signed for Brighton so early in the window because we've not been back in for him, and the reason for that is we must have other striker targets lined up. Even if Pedro's first choice were Brighton, Watford would want to maximize the fee and not accept the first offer.

It may well be someone old or young and versatile enough to play anywhere in the front three, but I would expect us to sign someone.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Daily Mail linking us with Marcos Leonardo, young Brazilian striker from Santos.

This is what I need to be reading upon entering this thread. Not the potential merits of McTominay.

1 minute ago, ElDiablo said:

This is what I need to be reading upon entering this thread. Not the potential merits of McTominay.

The only people that ever post stuff about McTominay and talk about McTominay are the people that apparently can't stand the idea of signing him.

Make it make sense?

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

The only people that ever post stuff about McTominay and talk about McTominay are the people that apparently can't stand the idea of signing him.

Make it make sense?

And your post now ?

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Make it make sense?

Talk therapy.

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

It's definite anti-British sentiment among football fans.  It extends to players and coaches. It's not alone.

It depends which players or coaches though. I'd take Rice or Foden in a heartbeat. Now I might have hated the idea of Gerrard or Lampard coming here as manager, but I was always keen on Howe, and would have been happy with Potter as well.

I don't think it's anti-British sentiment, just no one wants to buy someone's cast offs. McTominay or Gallagher would have been good signings a year ago, now we are competing in the CL our sights might be set a bit higher.

There's nothing anti-British about not wanting to sign McTominay or Gallagher. Most people are happy with the likes of Tierney, Maddison, Rice etc...

Some of us just don't want to be scraping the bottom of barrel for players that aren't very good - Especially from Man Utd where we've been lumbered with pricks like Butt, Smith and Obertan over the years. I'd personally have a "no Man Utd cast offs" policy in place.