Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I don’t think it’s anti British more people preferring the excitement around a foreign signing and how they will do over someone already playing in the Premier League who they think they will have a rough idea of what they are going to get.

Without wanting to get ahead of ourselves, here's a nice video about Szoboszlai.

Speaks good English; worked with Yank Lampard at Leipzig; extremely suited for a high-pressing style of football like the RB teams (and ourselves) play. Wants to win the Champions League :bluestar:

Why the hell not, eh?

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Anyone know owt about him?

He's a box-to-box type but has played a more forward role in the last few months for Celta. Just turned 21. He's almost 6 feet tall, so another one with some size. Highly rated. Can take on defenders with a dribble. He's not a great passer yet but has potential to be, plenty of energy though. Feels like he would be a versatile type, I think he could play as a 10, 8, or a 6. Probably start as a 6, I'd guess.

Just now, Memphis said:

He's a box-to-box type but has played a more forward role in the last few months for Celta. Just turned 21. He's almost 6 feet tall, so another one with some size. Highly rated. Can take on defenders with a dribble. He's not a great passer yet but has potential to be, plenty of energy though. Feels like he would be a versatile type, I think he could play as a 10, 8, or a 6. Probably start as a 6, I'd guess.

Does sound like the profile we want. Most of the CMs linked seem to be all-rounders. 

It's long been known he was going to leave this summer, we have apparently been monitoring him as have all the usual big clubs. It's a 30m Euro release clause and they've been pressuring him to sign a new contract with a bigger clause, but he has refused to. He's ready to move. 

Looks decent from the one minute I've seen on YouTube.

Shame he's not Brazilian though. I dream of the next World Cup being dominated by a Brazil team made up of Newcastle players.

8 minutes ago, Memphis said:

His highlights reel make him resemble a Spanish N'golo Kante, to be fair. Fast, energetic, tenacious, tackles well, can dribble, technically solid. Seems to play in the role that Howe has Bruno playing now - deep-lying transitional.

3 minutes ago, Memphis said:

It's long been known he was going to leave this summer, we have apparently been monitoring him as have all the usual big clubs. It's a 30m Euro release clause and they've been pressuring him to sign a new contract with a bigger clause, but he has refused to. He's ready to move. 

He was linked with R Madrid but they have a lot of mids plus Jude to come so I didn’t get the links 

He’s a fantastic talent fwiw really gifted