Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

If we make only one signing, what position would be everyone’s priority? Has to be a winger for me.

A proper holding midfielder to free up Bruno to create things further up i would have said. But after letting Wood go, i would say someone who could play across the front.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

If we make only one signing, what position would be everyone’s priority? Has to be a winger for me.

Aye. Not sure what type though.

I know Twitter lust for Diaby, but he thrives in the Bundesliga because he gets oceans of space in behind. That won't help us break down a low block.

You probably need someone who can pick a pass from the half space like Maddison or someone direct as fuck like Barnes or Gordon.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Creativity in midfield. We need to convert those clean sheets to wins. We’re going to see a lot of opponents defending for 90 minutes and playing for a draw.

Bruno is more or less alone in midfield when it comes to proper overall  top football ability. We have work horses around him that lack in technical quality and end product. Willock is very good at carrying the ball and when we are in transition otherwise he also lacks ability in some areas, especially when teams sit deep. Good players around Bruno but somewhat lacking. Joelinton is very good but we need others to not get too one dimensional. Joelinton offers a lot but there a clear lack of creativity to balance the hard workers.

Edited by Ikon

If everyone is expecting Diaby or Maddison to walk through the SJP gates before the end of Jan, I think they’re going to be disappointed.  Someone like Gordon looks much more likely to me - the club are insisting on keeping costs down, and I don’t imagine there is the panic like there was last Jan.  The club looks ahead of schedule - why overpay now on a gamble?  I can’t see Maddison or Diaby going for less than 70m in Jan. 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Bruno is more or less alone in midfield when it comes to proper overall  top football ability. We have work horses around him that lack in technical quality and end product. Willock is very good at carrying the ball and when we are in transition otherwise he also lacks ability in some areas, especially when teams sit deep. Good players around Bruno but somewhat lacking. Joelinton is very good but we need others to not get too one dimensional. Joelinton offers a lot but there a clear lack of creativity to balance the hard workers.

Think this is a fair assessment. Can’t be underestimated how much those solid players and the system they play in have meant we are where we are and they can contribute creatively in patches but no one else is consistently delivering creatively other than Bruno so we desperately need creative player(s)

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

If everyone is expecting Diaby or Maddison to walk through the SJP gates before the end of Jan, I think they’re going to be disappointed.  Someone like Gordon looks much more likely to me - the club are insisting on keeping costs down, and I don’t imagine there is the panic like there was last Jan.  The club looks ahead of schedule - why overpay now on a gamble?  I can’t see Maddison or Diaby going for less than 70m in Jan. 

Wey stop been daft man, our owners probably earned more interest in the time it took me to sausage finger this post than what they would cost.

Just now, Ben said:

Wey stop been daft man, our owners probably earned more interest in the time it took me to sausage finger this post than what they would cost.

Doesn’t mean that they’re going to spend it.  The constant FFP references suggest to me that they intend to grow the club’s finances via sponsorships, not through throwing PIF’s own money in constantly.  It’s not a Man City / PSG model - which suits me fine.

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Would Terrier move does anyone know? Would he be a good fit? Dont really know much about him but looking at his numbers the past 3 years why isnt he already here? 

He’s just done his ACL.

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Would Terrier move does anyone know? Would he be a good fit? Dont really know much about him but looking at his numbers the past 3 years why isnt he already here? 

Didn’t he suffer a bad knee injury recently? Good player mind.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Martin? He’s just banjoed his knee IIRC.