Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, LiquidAK said:

Unrealistic, but Gundogan, Tielemans and Zaha would massively upgrade us in some problem areas. On frees too so not too damaging in terms of FFP

I’d be surprised if Zaha moved up North. If he does leave Palace, no doubt there would be plenty of London clubs after him whee he doesn’t need to move.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

He's not getting injured because he's not playing football.

I'm guessing he's still training day-in, day-out at an intense level, though? If it was an ongoing persistent injury would it not have reoccurred in training or in training matches?

Mount’s an odd one, he either looks really good or totally innocuous. He’s generally been awful for England as well. Hope we start getting some names that aren’t castaways from top clubs 

Mount would be an incredible signing to play as an 8 for us. Versatile to play as a winger and 10. He’s a ball player, puts in a shift, set piece taker. You could easily make the case of signing both him and Maddison and incorporate both into the team. 

23 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Mount’s an odd one, he either looks really good or totally innocuous. He’s generally been awful for England as well. Hope we start getting some names that aren’t castaways from top clubs 

I want us to shop abroad as much as possible, much better value there.

2 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

Unrealistic, but Gundogan, Tielemans and Zaha would massively upgrade us in some problem areas. On frees too so not too damaging in terms of FFP

Good players, yes. However, the club are trying to lower the wages, not add to them with last contract/big money scenarios. We’re also trying to lower the average age of the squad. Despite those players being ‘free’, I think it’s much more likely we pay for much younger players on lesser wages with potential resale value in the future. 

Maddison’s goal output is so bloody elite that you can play him in one of the three around a striker and he’s basically got dynamo style production in his contributions. 

Maddison - Isak - Gordon 

Joelinton - Bruno - Mount 

20 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Maddison’s goal output is so bloody elite that you can play him in one of the three around a striker and he’s basically got dynamo style production in his contributions. 

Maddison - Isak - Gordon 

Think we'd need maybe a more defensive midfielder than Joelinton? I know he's the 'ball winner' in midfield but he seems to me a more attacking ball winner than defensive one if that makes sense? 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Mount and Maddison would be outrageous business in the summer tbh.

Obviously aspirational in that but i think you've essentially got ball players in Maddison, Mount and Bruno who will be able to control and create. Joelinton the all-action ball winner with pace/strength to carry the ball forward. Gordon's pressing, pace and quick passing in attack. Isak's movement and finishing. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Think we'd need maybe a more defensive midfielder than Joelinton? I know he's the 'ball winner' in midfield but he seems to me a more attacking ball winner than defensive one if that makes sense? 

I think you'd still want to sign a defensive midfielder and basically that player situationally plays over Joelinton or not depending on the type of game needed. Ideally it's someone who can develop who isn't coming here to be a starter. I think there are certanily times Joeliton can blanket an entire left side of the pitch as he's covering so much ground. 

10 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Maddison - Isak - Gordon 

Yep said that about Maddison in another thread - bloke is so versatile 

12 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Would take Mount over Maddison every time. I think he’s suites our play style better. 

Mount is nowhere near as dynamic as Madison. Madison can create, score, cross and he's a bit of a snidy cunt as well.

Mount just seems like a poor man's Lampard unless i'm missing something? Of all of the creative midfielders in the England camp, he's the one i'd pick last.

Edited by Holmesy

Just now, Holmesy said:

Mount is nowhere near as dynamic as Madison. Madison can create, score, cross and he's a bit of a snidy cunt as well.

Mount just seems like a poor man's Lampard unless i'm missing something?

A goal or assist in 2 out of every 3 games under Tuchel. If he can get back to that under Howe we're laughing.

Wouldn't have him over Maddison though.