Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

5 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Be surprised if Barcelona have purples on as little as 100k.

Probably offered him 200k to sign and asked him to drop to 100k afterwards as is their MO 

Just now, The Prophet said:

From what I've seen of him for Uruguay and the odd Sporting European appearance, he looks like a very good, if not more traditional number six. 

I still think a traditional number 6 is the way we will go. Every top side plays that way.

6 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I am on my knees for Szoboszlai 

Sky Info: Dominik #Szoboszlai and Amadou #Haidara were recently scouted live several times by Newcastle United. Both at home and away games. . Last in Leverkusen. Greater interest of the Magpies but in Szoboszlai. #RBL #RBLeipzig @SkySportDE

24 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I am on my knees for Szoboszlai 

He is absolute quality man. For all the people that wanted Maddison and envisioned him on the right side, Szoboslai offers the same type of game, but more dynamic and suited to high tempo pressing more. Very versatile player too and excellent set piece taker. His breakdown on whoscored is disgustingly good.

image.thumb.png.ba822ff0975201fe4bef6b775adb4407.png

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

He is absolute quality man. For all the people that wanted Maddison and envisioned him on the right side, Szoboslai offers the same type of game, but more dynamic and suited to high tempo pressing more. Very versatile player too and excellent set piece taker. His breakdown on whoscored is disgustingly good.

image.thumb.png.ba822ff0975201fe4bef6b775adb4407.png

And he's only 22

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

And he's only 22

Yep, his whole profile suits us perfectly. 

Would be another Bruno, Isak, Botman calibre of signing.

3 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

And he's only 22

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Yep, his whole profile suits us perfectly. 

Would be another Bruno, Isak, Botman calibre of signing.

Any idea of what kind of price tag we would be talking ?

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Any idea of what kind of price tag we would be talking ?

I imagine it would be somewhere around £45 million, perhaps?

No nothing about him but sounds a better fit than Maddison from descriptions given. If intensity is indeed our identity then I never see how Maddison was ever serious target unless the price was very agreeable and is probably no more than a smokescreen for other targets. Also because of the progress we’ve made this season we may of skipped a transition phase of signings which Maddison might of realistically originally been part of but now with our style of play producing such good results we might be looking for this type of player combining the best of both styles.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

No nothing about him but sounds a better fit than Maddison from descriptions given. If intensity is indeed our identity then I never see how Maddison was ever serious target unless the price was very agreeable and is probably no more than a smokescreen for other targets. Also because of the progress we’ve made this season we may of skipped a transition phase of signings which Maddison might of realistically originally been part of but now with our style of play producing such good results we might be looking for this type of player combining the best of both styles.

This is a really nice breakdown of his game if you're interested.

https://bulinews.com/news/16132/dominik-szoboszlai-a-sensational-star-having-subtly-superb-season

Szoboszlai certainly fits the Bruno/Botman mould in terms of wages. Could probably double what he currently gets and still be comfortably inside our structure.

Gave him the Youtube test..... creativity wise I prefer Maddison by a long shot.

A lot of his creativity comes from set pieces and Nkunku turning half chances into goals.

Seems a more vertical type player which  is good.

And of course... Bundesliga tax.

Edited by The College Dropout