Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

RCB, LB, two midfielders and a versatile forward mentioned in several articles. That would be mint and achievable depending on how high we are aiming.

I think everyone would be very happy if that was the outcome.

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

RCB, LB, two midfielders and a versatile forward mentioned in several articles. That would be mint and achievable depending on how high we are aiming.

Higher than Snoop Dogg.

4 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Watching Tyneside Life matchday video, he claimed to have chatted with Leicester fans pre-match and they were adamant that locally it's known Maddison has signed a pre-contract agreement with us. Almost certainly bollocks of course.

I've seen this as well. Its funny because as a seasoned Football Manager...I can tell you that its impossible for a player to sign a pre-contract when he's got a full year left on his deal. If we were on an expiring contract, it would be more believable. We cant talk to him without talking to his club due to his contract situation. 

I think there’ll be a priority order for the signings, probably CM first, and budget might run out before it gets to 5 or even 6 players

Even a £150m budget ain’t what it used to be - that might cover only 3 players of the right quality 

Some parts of the squad will have to wait another year 

Botman, Bruno, and Isak should be the blueprint. Those around 21-23 who are among the best players at their club but would see Newcastle, or the Premier League, as a big step up, and can grow and develop with the club, fit in with the wage structure, and be here for years. That Szoboszlai at Leipzig would fit the bill - 22 years old and Hungarian captain.

Just now, Paullow said:

Botman, Bruno, and Isak should be the blueprint. Those around 21-23 who are among the best players at their club but would see Newcastle, or the Premier League, as a big step up, and can grow and develop with the club, fit in with the wage structure, and be here for years. That Szoboszlai at Leipzig would fit the bill - 22 years old and Hungarian captain.

100%

I do think we might go for a top class older player in the same vein as Trippier. 

Can't imagine his influence on the team has gone unnoticed and that will be doubly important next year when we'll be up against it on multiple fronts. 

We do have difficulty in breaking down a packed defence / low block, and Maddison would be a very good signing with that in mind. He'd be my No1 choice.

A good left back would be priority no 2, and that that Carlos Augusto from Monza has impressed me the most. 

4 minutes ago, Cronky said:

We do have difficulty in breaking down a packed defence / low block, and Maddison would be a very good signing with that in mind. He'd be my No1 choice.

A good left back would be priority no 2, and that that Carlos Augusto from Monza has impressed me the most. 

A genuinely sensible / intelligent post.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Duh Champions league final is the target.

5 first team players recon about £200M+

14 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

I think a tweak to the formation might be needed next year to a 4-2-3-1 when we play the majority of the league teams as we offer very little through the middle in terms of attacking threat, we can always start with a 4-3-3 formation against the better teams if we want to keep it tight.

This season has far exceeded expectations but I’m sure Howe will have an honest look at our weaknesses and look to rectify them over the summer. We need a left back who is comfortable going forward to being balance to the team, more pace at the back for when we are hit on the counter and preferably two midfielders with ball playing ability and creativity as a minimum.

Double piv with Bruno and Dec. Dom Szoz ahead of them.

11 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

Milinković-Savić apparently available for 25M as he enters final year of contract next year. 

Would fit our preference for big tall bastards. Him and Big Joe on the prowl in midfield like a couple of Predators.

2 hours ago, The Butcher said:

The Magpies have also been linked with Neymar in the past few days but those claims are believed to be wide of the mark with Newcastle not currently pursuing the Paris Saint-Germain superstar.

09B00BDC-E3F4-29CF-06131ED164F019FC.jpg