Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Someone asked me today who I'd like to see us sign, and my reply was "Whoever they choose to sign I'm sure will be the right ones", and of course at some point we'll buy a dud, but I trust Howe and the team behind him so much that I'm just going to chill on all the rumours and be excited by whoever we do bring in. I can't wait to see how we line-up and how strong our bench will be come next season. 

24 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Really difficult for us to say who we would like and wouldn’t and for what amount of money as we have absolutely no clue. It could be anything from 150-300m. 150-200m would be my guess based on fuck all really.  It’s fun nonetheless. I genuinely think we can forget the likes of Rice or players of around 100M and the type of wages a player like this would demand. It’s too early. I’m sure we could afford it but it would be at the cost of lacking in other areas. Need to find the right balance between top quality/price/potential. Not easy. 

Not easy but incredibly exciting (note to self: re-read this when you’re frustrated as fuck wading through the ‘made-up maybes’).

6 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Not sure if he’d want to leave, but with Juventus’ recent points deduction potentially leaving them out of European qualification, I would enquire about Chiesa. Immensely talented player.

Wasn’t he out for a year with an ACL and only came back in the last month or so. Not watched Juve recently, is he still the same player?

I obviously wouldn’t mind pacy players out wide, but I also don’t think it should come at the cost of flair/creativity/technical ability. The better we become the more the opposition will look to kill space. Of course it’s necessary to be quick in transitions and all that too but I can see us changing our style slightly when it comes to getting new players in, especially for some areas. There has been talk about the likes of Diaby, Harvey Barnes and so on. Personally I don’t see these players being very effective against a low block. We are very unlikely to be in transition from defence to attack quite as often in the future as we get better within time so I can see us change. Teams like Leicester, Leverkusen and so on are never going to play even close to the same way like say City (extreme example). We should have won the game last night no matter what, but I’m pretty sure a couple of flair players would have helped immensely. And a different kind of LB even if Burn did well. 

1 minute ago, SAK said:

Wasn’t he out for a year with an ACL and only came back in the last month or so. Not watched Juve recently, is he still the same player?

Nah, might be a mental thing but he looks a yard slower and seems to have lost that fearless style of play that made him so exciting to watch. Hope it’s a blip though, was -and hopefully still is- such a talent.

4 minutes ago, SAK said:

Juventus in general are struggling under Allegri, but admittedly doesn’t seem to have been in the same form pre-injury.

Been back since start of April, 2 assists and 1 goal in last 8 matches. Not played a full 90 in that period.

Still, I really love his game and technical qualities. I think a player like him would be a now or never type of move for us and others, don’t expect Juventus to have as bad a season as they’ve had like this one for ages.

So, if you did want the likes of Vlahovic, Chiesa etc. now would be the window to make a move.

6 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Nah, might be a mental thing but he looks a yard slower and seems to have lost that fearless style of play that made him so exciting to watch. Hope it’s a blip though, was -and hopefully still is- such a talent.

They say with ACLs it’s an 18 month recovery - next season is the acid test for him - it’s such a bad injury to recover from get back to where you were prior 

So this transfer i’d like a couple of players in early and quick, followed by a two month long saga transfer with a non update every day in the Ronny Gill and Athletic, plus a random surprise at the end

25 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d absolutely love for us to go for Caicedo from Brighton, think he would be perfect for us.

Amazing player, but think he stays at Brighton for another year, especially with Europa qualification likely sorted. Arsenal seem to be set on Rice which could leave an opportunity open I suppose.

Don't know much about foreign markets but domestic potentials:

Arsenal: Tierney, Smith-Rowe

Man City: Phillips, Laporte

Man United: McTominay

Liverpool: None

Brighton: Caicedo, Ferguson

Villa: None

Spurs: None

Brentford: Hickey, Rico Henry

Fulham: Palhinha

Palace, Eze, Olise, Guehi, Anderson, Mitchell

Chelsea: None

Wolves: Neves (wants Barca)

West Ham: Paqueta, Bowen, Rice

Bournemouth: Lerma, Billing

Forest: Gibbs-White, Johnson

Everton: Onana

Leicester: Barnes, Maddison, Tielemans

Leeds: Harrison, Adams

Southampton: Lavia, JWP, KWP

Just suggestions of the type we might have on our list.

Edited by STM

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Don't know much about foreign markets but domestic potentials:

Arsenal: Tierney, Smith-Rowe

Man City: Phillips, Laporte

Man United: McTominay

Liverpool: None

Brighton: Caicedo, Ferguson

Villa: None

Spurs: None

Brentford: Hickey, Rico Henry

Fulham: Palhinha

Palace, Eze, Oliver, Guehi, Anderson, Mitchell

Chelsea: None

Wolves: Neves (wants Barca)

West Ham: Paqueta, Bowen, Rice

Bournemouth: Lerma, Billing

Forest: Gibbs-White, Johnson

Everton: Onana

Leicester: Barnes, Maddison, Tielemans

Leeds: Harrison, Adams

Southampton: Lavia, JWP, KWP

Just suggestions of the type we might have on our list.

Hickey would be ideal as he plays either side just as well.

I did some very basic stat scouting on some names and was a bit surprised by the results. These are all non penalty xG+xA per 90 on Understat:

Wilson 0.96 (third in the league only behind Nunez and Haaland)

Isak 0.55

Willock 0.50 (he's been really unlucky/poor finisher, expected 7+7 but only 3+6 in reality)

ASM 0.50

Murphy 0.48

Almiron 0.41

Then some rumoured targets:

Maddison 0.52

Bowen 0.42

Barnes 0.40

Marcus Thuram 0.73

Diaby 0.61

Szoboszlai 0.50

Wirtz 0.47

Kvaratskhelia 0.55 (surprisingly low when everything seemed to go through him for Napoli)

Balogun 0.73

David 0.69

Ekitike 0.53

Raphinha 0.89

Nico Williams 0.40

Chukwueze 0.46

Some conclusions, Almiron seems to have the weakest numbers on most stats of our regular attacking players. Seems like a possible opportunity to cash in on his purple patch due to his age but we would miss his workrate. Willock has to remember how to shoot again, think it's a mental block. I'm still a bit terrified about Bundesliga players and none of these outside of Thuram really pop out considering the rumoured prices and the state of defending in that league. Raphinha would be a dream signing but the wages would be a problem.