Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

9 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

There still seems to be quite a lot of value in the French market. It's when they leave France, have one good season in Germany, Holland, Italy or Spain that their pricetag rockets.

Not necessarily either: Aguerd went for 35m, Tchouameni for 80m, Onana for 35m, Paqueta for 40 odd etc. Not cheap.

In saying that, I do think it’s a league we should be looking at; so many great young talents with the physicality to succeed in the PL.

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Not necessarily either: Aguerd went for 35m, Tchouameni for 80m, Onana for 35m, Paqueta for 40 odd etc. Not cheap.

In saying that, I do think it’s a league we should be looking at; so many great young talents with the physicality to succeed in the PL.

I like all of those at those prices tbf.

Benoît Badiashile - decent fee too.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

I like all of those at those prices tbf.

Benoît Badiashile - decent fee too.

Yeah, they’re fair but I wouldn’t say they were cheap. Arguably our 2 biggest bargains/ success stories in Bruno and Botman came from there so it’s a market I’d love for us to keep tapping.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Injuries aside, you shouldn't need your back up centre backs to be covering 20 games a season. 

But you still need a set of CBs to able to compete with one another for starting spots - it’s healthy competition - all spots are up for grab imo 

29 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Finding 3 “Bruno’s” is a bit of a stretch. “On the continent” deals are no where near as cheap these days; see Mudryk, Antony etc.

We were unbelievably lucky with Bruno. You can’t bank on getting players like that for 40m.

This is what I was thinking as well. Not sure it's that easy to pick up genuine quality anywhere, everyone seems to be after the same players. Just got to look at the fees being quoted for Szoboszlai, a player I'd never heard of prior to last week.

Obviously it can be done, Brighton have been doing it for years now, but their structured for it, and it takes time to set in place.

49 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Can't see him signing for Man Utd if the Glazers are still there.

If you ignore them spending €75m on Di Maria, €60m on Martial, €105m on Pogba, €84m on Lukaku, €59m on Fred, €63m on Fernandes, €87m on Maguire, €85m on Sancho, €57m on Martinez, €70m on Casimero, and €95m on Antony, then it's clear the Glazers don't spend that sort of money at all, or in general. 

I don’t see the point in spending that kind of money on Diaby and wanting to sell ASM. He’s a worse version of Maxi; the guy’s defensive contribution is absolutely zero and has less vision. Only advantages are his age, ability to play on the right and he’s less injury-prone. Otherwise he’s an inferior version.

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Injuries aside, you shouldn't need your back up centre backs to be covering 20 games a season. 

But injuries happen with more games and then more games are missed.

Laporte is out of favour and has been injured. 19 starts.

Lindelof 22 starts.

Joe Gomez. 22 starts.

AWB 22 starts.

Between Rob Holding & the new guy - they've started 20 games. They are the 4th and 5th choice CBs for Arsenal.

15 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I don’t see the point in spending that kind of money on Diaby and wanting to sell ASM. He’s a worse version of Maxi; the guy’s defensive contribution is absolutely zero and has less vision. Only advantages are his age, ability to play on the right and he’s less injury-prone. Otherwise he’s an inferior version.

Yep - totally agree - I don’t think Diaby is the player we need - too many rough edges 

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

But injuries happen with more games and then more games are missed.

Laporte is out of favour and has been injured. 19 starts.

Lindelof 22 starts.

Joe Gomez. 22 starts.

AWB 22 starts.

Between Rob Holding & the new guy - they've started 20 games. They are the 4th and 5th choice CBs for Arsenal.

Most of that is down to injury though, in previous seasons they've rotated a lot less.  

I agree with your general point though, we need to upgrade Lascelles. 

19 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Plus his potentially better attacking stats? He’s got 14 goals this season. ASM hasn’t got 14 goals in the last four years combined. Total career appearances/goals- ASM 291/35, MD 206/53.

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Plus his potentially better attacking stats? He’s got 14 goals this season. ASM hasn’t got 14 goals in the last four years combined. Total career appearances/goals- ASM 291/35, MD 206/53.

I’d have to see him in the PL first. Bundesliga tax and all that. A fit maxi would better those numbers over there imo, although there’s no way I can prove that :lol:

Edited by McCormick

Really difficult for us to say who we would like and wouldn’t and for what amount of money as we have absolutely no clue. It could be anything from 150-300m. 150-200m would be my guess based on fuck all really.  It’s fun nonetheless. I genuinely think we can forget the likes of Rice or players of around 100M and the type of wages a player like this would demand. It’s too early. I’m sure we could afford it but it would be at the cost of lacking in other areas. Need to find the right balance between top quality/price/potential. Not easy.