Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The Athletic sharing that same stuff as Edwards. Szoboszlai and Diaby too expensive, FFP, need to be smart, auditing relegated clubs, etc.

It's almost like they all get the same brief.

Its obviously a tactic to keep the media onside with some insider information, but I doubt its completely accurate. The club will want their top targets ie. Szobozlai & Diaby. This will be a tactic to keep selling the narrative that we wont overpay. We will then sweep in later in the window ie. Isak. 

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

I think this talk do 50m valuations on these players is just a negotiation tactic, we’ll increase our off any they’ll lower their valuation. 

is it though?  Leicester turned down our £40m last season as too little and continued to turn down all Tielemans offers until he left for nothing whilst stating they can't rebuild as there's no money to rebuild.  Since the helicopter crash it seems there's been a lot of bad calls at Leicester (I live there and am surrounded by the news and fans etc).  The general feeling is this guy isn't the businessman his father was.

One guy I was hoping for was the LB Guerriero from Dortmund, he had a Trippier-esque season and was also in the European team of the season alongside Trippier

Would have been cool to have two top class fullbacks for the total sum of £12m!  But he's signed for Bayern now

Brighton just got £35m (alright seems there might be various add ons on top) for Mac Allister with one year left.

Leicester obviously aren’t getting £50m for Maddison in the same situation 

1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

One guy I was hoping for was the LB Guerriero from Dortmund, he had a Trippier-esque season and was also in the European team of the season alongside Trippier

Would have been cool to have two top class fullbacks for the total sum of £12m!  But he's signed for Bayern now

It’s fine, we’ll just get Alphonso Davies now that they go him :lol:

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

It’s fine, we’ll just get Alphonso Davies now that they go him :lol:

There were rumours linking him to Man City

say we do sign Maddison - I hope we sign Alex Scott and Gabri Veiga too along with a proper 6 - that would be incredible business from us 

£50m for Maddison seems a lot given the situation Leicester are in, and that he'll be wanting away.

Saying that, I wonder if that's the right way to look at it. I think the real question is, what would he be worth to us and therefore what should we be prepared to pay?

If we thought Gordon was worth £45m (and the jury is out on that one for sure), why do we think £30m is what Maddison would be worth to us?

Plus, more childishly, I'd just like to stop Spurs getting anyone they actually want and send them further into a tailspin.

5 minutes ago, Mikky said:

There were rumours linking him to Man City

say we do sign Maddison - I hope we sign Alex Scott and Gabri Veiga too along with a proper 6 - that would be incredible business from us 

Real Madrid are sniffing about Davies as a Mendy upgrade.

15 minutes ago, Abacus said:

£50m for Maddison seems a lot given the situation Leicester are in, and that he'll be wanting away.

Saying that, I wonder if that's the right way to look at it. I think the real question is, what would he be worth to us and therefore what should we be prepared to pay?

If we thought Gordon was worth £45m (and the jury is out on that one for sure), why do we think £30m is what Maddison would be worth to us?

Plus, more childishly, I'd just like to stop Spurs getting anyone they actually want and send them further into a tailspin.

I completely agree with the Gordon thing but Howe has said he was a long term target and came available (sure I read that somewhere but my apologies if I just made it up).  If he's not prepared to divvy up an extra £5m on Maddison then it must be an age / long term thing as that's all I can think if.  The guy got 10 from 30 this season and 12 from 35 last season so will chip in with decent goal tally for us.

I love how for weeks before we got top 4 all the journos said we had 3 lists of targets depending on what position we finished. Move forward a few weeks after getting champions league and we can’t afford Diaby and Szoboszlai and we are targeting players from relegated clubs.

28 minutes ago, Abacus said:

It all comes down to contract length. 

£45m for a 21yo on a long term contract is reasonable enough (whether he has the talent/ability to justify it is an entirely separate argument). 

No one is paying £50m for a 26yo with one year left on his contract unless that player is a bona-fide elite level player.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

It all comes down to contract length. 

£45m for a 21yo on a long term contract is reasonable enough (whether he has the talent/ability to justify it is an entirely separate argument). 

No one is paying £50m for a 26yo with one year left on his contract unless that player is a bona-fide elite level player.

Surely it all comes down to what someone else will pay?

26 with 1 year left or not, if Spurs will pay £50m to take him from us, why would Leicester settle for £40m, unless the player refuses?

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I love how for weeks before we got top 4 all the journos said we had 3 lists of targets depending on what position we finished. Move forward a few weeks after getting champions league and we can’t afford Diaby and Szoboszlai and we are targeting players from relegated clubs.

They know shit.. just like when isak was signed.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Spot on this. Let’s have it right, we seem to be doing business a lot more buttoned up now, they don’t usually get a sniff of who we are after until terms are agreed and it’s 95% done. Think Ashton and co have brought a lot more professionalism to our transfer dealings and the journos have been left well in the lurch. 

NE journos don't a clue. That slaphead Edwards does it all the time, said we couldn't afford Isak but then when we signed him "our budget had changed", trying to maintain his credibility. Let's be honest, last year we only knew about Botman initially from the French side, and Pope pretty much happened over night, same as Isak. The club are usually water tight when it comes to transfers. 

Just now, MrSnrub said:

NE journos don't a clue. That slaphead Edwards does it all the time, said we couldn't afford Isak but then when we signed him "our budget had changed", trying to maintain his credibility. Let's be honest, last year we only knew about Botman initially from the French side, and Pope pretty much happened over night, same as Isak. The club are usually water tight when it comes to transfers. 

Got your sash ironed for the 12th?