Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I really want to build a website that tracks publications and journalist success rates. Some visual way to show how full of shit most of them are.

Seems like too much work though.

Season’s over… just saying 🤷‍♂️

34 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Not this again [emoji38] 

I know people are excited for this thread and window but fuck me the whole thing is so tedious. 

Yeah, I'm fed up with it all already and the window hasn't even opened yet. (Do we have a yawn emoji?)

May be setting myself up for disappointment, but does anybody else think that regardless of the budgetary bollocks being broadcast (:snod:) that this is the window where we go large? 

If you had to pick one pure purple signing who would it be? I’d go Osimhen (at third type of praying…).

4 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

May be setting myself up for disappointment, but does anybody else think that regardless of the budgetary bollocks being broadcast (:snod:) that this is the window where we go large? 

If you had to pick one pure purple signing who would it be? I’d go Osimhen (at third type of praying…).

No - I genuinely think this is the window where people are gonna be disappointed the most with our spending. 

From last summer:

https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/1514900678287798273

"Re detail on budget - talk is of £60-80m being supplemented by player sales. I’m cautious to a point (similar noises pre Jan & why would you broadcast otherwise?) but message is consistent. No extra commercial revenue yet & owners mindful of staying ahead of financial rules #nufc"

Just now, The Prophet said:

From last summer:

https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/1514900678287798273

"Re detail on budget - talk is of £60-80m being supplemented by player sales. I’m cautious to a point (similar noises pre Jan & why would you broadcast otherwise?) but message is consistent. No extra commercial revenue yet & owners mindful of staying ahead of financial rules #nufc"

Getting a bit boring now. We're spending and the know-nowt journos can fuck off.

6 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

No - I genuinely think this is the window where people are gonna be disappointed the most with our spending. 

I think we will likely spend in that £125-175M range depending on who is available and people will be disappointed with various parts of the squad.

I think most transfer rumours/news comes from agents and guesswork, and some more legit rumours from inside sources, whether someone inside the club or close to someone who is. Those legit rumours can't be stopped because you're inevitably sending scouts and putting feelers out about a player and that involves middle men.

The club's budget though? Absolutely no one at the club beyond the board and senior management staff will ever know that. It's very easy to keep in-house because hardly anyone knows and those who do have no incentive to share it. It's either a journo pulling the number from their arse or the club have put out a low figure to dampen expectations both of fans and selling clubs. My bet in this case is the former.

Aye. I was doing my usual nerdy spreadsheet yesterday after work and there's no way we come out of this summer being totally content, it's just not possible these days unfortunately.

Still, we'll be significantly stronger than we were at the beginning of last season, and look how that turned out.

Just now, Rich said:

Aye. I was doing my usual nerdy spreadsheet yesterday after work and there's no way we come out of this summer being totally content, it's just not possible these days unfortunately.

Still, we'll be significantly stronger than we were at the beginning of last season, and look how that turned out.

So how much we spending according to your excel sheets Rich?

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Would be insane to spend 60-80m, that's one CL-level player.

Wish journalists could have their Twitter accounts confiscated.

for conversations sake, let's say we did spend that - will you be disappointed or accepting that we don't have all of the information and the owners have a longer term plan in place you still trust?

Just now, Gawalls said:

for conversations sake, let's say we did spend that - will you be disappointed or accepting that we don't have all of the information and the owners have a longer term plan in place you still trust?

This is a very good question.

Just now, Gawalls said:

I mean, it depends who they bring in. If they somehow did manage to get what we need for that price, then fair enough. 

I trust them but I would be a bit disappointed. But obviously it's about the signings and not the absolute spending number. 

I just expect us to go relatively big to get our top couple of targets, which on their own should add up to £100m+.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

I think if we only spend that much there will be a lot of anger directed towards the Gordon purchase.

Which would be pretty stupid, at least until Gordon has been given a fair run from the start of the season.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

As long as the team comes out of the summer looking stronger, it's progress.

Anyone expecting a handful of "Champions League level" players is in for disappointment though. The strategy won't change. There is a long term plan and the Champions League was an added bonus on the journey. 

There will be a fair few released, some sold,others loaned, with that said and done I think we'd likely spend around 150m, especially the names being mentioned, the words "elite players" has been used a number of times when talking about future signings, and this squad needs depth to match some of the quality we already have competing in four competitions. 

I'm going to guess it will be a surprising summer ahead, journalist will continue to dream up stories, it's all they have to do now really.