Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

To be fair, since last summer, a lot of our targets were not really covered in the press. The Isak one came out of nowhere, we were only slightly linked with him early in the summer, but that was probably more of a case of us being listed as a club who could afford him.

36 minutes ago, Stifler said:

To be fair, since last summer, a lot of our targets were not really covered in the press. The Isak one came out of nowhere, we were only slightly linked with him early in the summer, but that was probably more of a case of us being listed as a club who could afford him.

Other than Isak (who was covered as a target just no one knew we had agreed a deal) who else would you say wasn’t covered ? I think every signing we have made has pretty much been spoken about by the media.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Other than Isak (who was covered as a target just no one knew we had agreed a deal) who else would you say wasn’t covered ? I think every signing we have made has pretty much been spoken about by the media.

I think what stifler means is our targets usually aren’t called by the media until closer to the deal being done. 

the athletic mention nothing is imminent so maybe that’s what he’s referring to. 

11 hours ago, Ankles Bennett said:

The trick is to find where you will be working fore it was overwhelming road from Euston station nd follow the train line out until you get to an area you can afford to buy.  For me it was Hel Mempstead. A 30 minute express train to London Cross the road and I'm at work.Quicler than work transport in the toon.

Wasn't quicker for me, my trains home where always cancelled.  I lived there for 5 years. Place just wasn't for me. Now I drive my daughter to nursery through the South downs driving past a plethora of farm land and animals. Much better for stress and mental well-being.

1 hour ago, WilliamPS said:

It’s clear none of the journos know which players the club want, but everyone knows what positions 

I don’t think there is a position on the field that we won’t be looking to upgrade in the long term. 

Right now we have some great dudes in their spots but eventually, with the club the brass are trying to build, everyone will have a replacement. 

We’ll have a list double digits long for each of the 25. 

32 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think what stifler means is our targets usually aren’t called by the media until closer to the deal being done. 

the athletic mention nothing is imminent so maybe that’s what he’s referring to. 

This.

31 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Wasn't quicker for me, my trains home where always cancelled.  I lived there for 5 years. Place just wasn't for me. Now I drive my daughter to nursery through the South downs driving past a plethora of farm land and animals. Much better for stress and mental well-being.

Hemel Hempstead was right on the edge of farmland with lots of great country pubs.  I often saw John Barnes on sunday mornings with his newspaper walking to my local, the Fishery Inn which was situated on the Grand Union canal in Hemel.  Happy days.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

If budget is an issue we really should be in for Tielmans as he can rotate with Bruno as a 6, it’s mad how basically any player with a modicum of potential is 50m :lol:

Hoping we'll help ourselves out by grabbing one or two of the best free transfers.... it feels like more and more high-profile players are going that route.

I suppose their subsequently high wages would be the setback. But there's some class ones out there.

2 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Hoping we'll help ourselves out by grabbing one or two of the best free transfers.... it feels like more and more high-profile players are going that route.

I suppose their subsequently high wages would be the setback. But there's some class ones out there.

I’m not sure who’s left on a free tbh that we would want. 

8 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Graeme Bailey is probably the worst of the know nowt blagging knackers imo. At least Sean Casey's mildly endearing in a Kenny Sr sort of way.

Bailey's just been on Loaded Mag. Here are a few of his corkers that I can remember.

If PIF want someone like Neymar they'll go for it. Immediately followed by 'that's not the type of squad Eddie Howe's looking to build' when another star player was mentioned.

If Newcastle aren't top 5 at Christmas, they'll get rid of Howe.

Trippier winning Newcastle player of the Season was 'spectacularly bizarre'

Trippier had an awful end of the season, Martinelli apparently took him to the cleaners.

To say Bruno wasn't our best player last season is mind boggling.

Bruno was only below an 8/10 once this season

If you took Trippier out of the team and Bruno out of the team there'd be a 30 points difference between the two teams

Nick Pope and Sven Botman were also better than Trippier this season

Bruno doesn't get enough credit, but he bigs him up all the time. Newcastle fans need to start realising they have a world class midfielder on their hands :lol:

ASM isn't as good as Adama Traore.

ASM scored less than Chris Wood (implying that's how bad he is obviously ignoring the 5 assists and him starting only 12 games)

All of it said with absolute assertion to a podcast and audience of people who watch Newcastle obsessively. :lol: Going 'do you really think Trippier was better than Bruno this season? Really?' to Pete who goes to loads of matches.

All while Trippier's been voted POTS by fans, is in everyone's PL Team of the season, and is in Opta's Team of the season across the top 5 leagues. :lol: Such an obnoxious, clueless toad.

Bailey is a Smoggie, no doubt on the wind-up. He absolutely despises Newcastle. Seen some very suspect stuff from him on Twitter over the years for a supposed professional journalist.

13 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I’m not sure who’s left on a free tbh that we would want. 

I was hoping we'd be in for Marcus Thuram and Ndicka (although he's a left-sided CB), plus it looks like Veltman's contract is up? He could be handy.

Guerreiro, Asensio, Aouar have already chosen their next team though.

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

From who? I only see discussion personally. 

It wasn’t a reference to the discussion, was a reference to Mr. Snrub. Unless my memory is fucked, there was a poster on here called ‘Messi’ who did a bet and said they’d drink their own piss if they lost. They didn’t drink their own piss and their name was changed to ‘Pissi’. Then, I’m sure they changed their name to Mr. Snrub, but I could be wrong 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It wasn’t a reference to the discussion, was a reference to Mr. Snrub. Unless my memory is fucked, there was a poster on here called ‘Messi’ who did a bet and said they’d drink their own piss if they lost. They didn’t drink their own piss and their name was changed to ‘Pissi’. Then, I’m sure they changed their name to Mr. Snrub, but I could be wrong 

Thanks for the welcome haha! Definitely got the wrong end of the stick there mate. 

5 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

if they want £50m I don't think it will happen personally, we didn't offer it last year and I feel we won't this year either.  I reckon he'll end up at Spurs.

I don’t think Spurs will want to pay £50m either. Leicester will weaken on that over the summer but it’s whether we want to wait knowing Eddie needs pre season with his players.