Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 hours ago, huss9 said:

didnt he have a release clause though?

He must have had a release clause of some sort. Brighton are tough negotiators, and they would not let him go for £35M if that were not the case.  This article from wearebrighton does a good job explaining all the speculation and concludes it was £35M with addons up to £55M. Still a good bit of business if true.  

No need for a meltdown. I'm sure he does have sources in the club 75m. Who knows if that is accurate, or just sources trying to manage expectations of selling clubs. Whatever happens I trust the people at the club these days to make the correct calls, both in terms of player recruitment and finances.

Honestly at this stage it would be better if journalists just went back to name dropping their close friendships with local players like the much venerated Alan Oliver used to. Still better than plucking fake budgets out of your arse.

As Someone said they're obviously being briefed

Be interesting to see at what point the local journalists stop reporting it because they're being made to look mugs every time they do

The local press were pretty reliable under Ashley but now they clearly no longer get briefed by the club. 

Only way to get clicks for them now is to post random speculative information like we’ve seen from Hope and Edwards in the past day. 

Like with Isak we’ll probably see a number of other clubs journalists report a deal as imminent all at once then the locals will report second hand.

Edited by GeordieDazzler

There's all kinds of shit wrong with that Hope article.

75m budget....

Interested in Caidedo who's worth 80m....

We want at least a midfielder, centre half, left back and a winger....

Erm.... [emoji38]Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia