Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Some white men have a rather unhealthy relationship with black dudes penis.

Doubt Romelu minds that one.

Sometimes I wonder if you are ok mentally.

Week in week out, the laziest racial stereotype I here is calling black players "powerful" all of the time, no matter what other skill they demonstrate. Bakayoko dribbled past 3 Arsenal players with great feet = powerful. Mendy put in 4-5 top, top crosses against Liverpool = powerful. Pogba dribble past players and ping a great ball = powerful.

Yay Toure has spent 6-7 years pinging balls patiently across English midfields up and down the country. Stroked many a finish into the top corner. All you ever hear about is fucking power.

As much as it sickens me to do so: :clap:

KI again with the terrible posting.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic never got called 'powerful' anywhere as much as Drogba did. Zlatan is most renowned for technical ability, the fantastic volleys etc. 

On his Man Utd debut Matic dribbled past 3 or so players. He was complimented for his skill. Bakayoko does the same on the weekend - powerful.  Pogba has way more to his game than Matic - he'll be called powerful 3x as much.  Again, if a white player was as good at delivery as Mendy even with his physical attributes that would be the focus. 

Steven Gerrard played in a powerful, explosive way.  He also didn't have the patient passing nor the range of finishing as Yaya. Yet commentators an pundits speak way more of his technical attributes than Toure.

Black people in general are fetishised for physical ability - it's not football alone.  Seen as superhuman, bigger and stronger than they are. The only white players that get called powerful as much as him are Ronaldo and Bale.  Both faster and perhaps stronger than prime Yaya.

PS I'm not denying there's some form of of stereotyping of black players, in the same way there's stereotyping of South Americans. It's hardly based on nowt, you can be reasonably sure that, were you to pick a random Brazilian player and a random English player, the Brazilian would be the more technically gifted of the 2.

Look across 90% of athletics tracks, the white bloke isn't winning.

Guest firetotheworks

KI again with the terrible posting.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic never got called 'powerful' anywhere as much as Drogba did. Zlatan is most renowned for technical ability, the fantastic volleys etc. 

On his Man Utd debut Matic dribbled past 3 or so players. He was complimented for his skill. Bakayoko does the same on the weekend - powerful.  Pogba has way more to his game than Matic - he'll be called powerful 3x as much.  Again, if a white player was as good at delivery as Mendy even with his physical attributes that would be the focus. 

Steven Gerrard played in a powerful, explosive way.  He also didn't have the patient passing nor the range of finishing as Yaya. Yet commentators an pundits speak way more of his technical attributes than Toure.

Black people in general are fetishised for physical ability - it's not football alone.  Seen as superhuman, bigger and stronger than they are. The only white players that get called powerful as much as him are Ronaldo and Bale.  Both faster and perhaps stronger than prime Yaya.

Can only imagine that you have bias or a bit of a chip on your shoulder to come out with that level of nonsense tbh. Have people been concentrating on your power and not giving  attributes such as a lack of self-awareness or relentless, patronising tedium the credit they deserve?

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think it's fair to say it's 'rooted' though, it's some people meaning something and others not. Someone described Coloccini as a beast on here either today or yesterday. I don't think you can make presumptions with something that's so nuanced and, imo, rooted in circumstance.

Guest firetotheworks

Would you please name all of these white genetic freak athletes that aren't being called powerful but should?

This, basically.

Is the Raheem Sterling criticism because he's black like? I assumed it was because he was shit at the Euros. I just cannot see the deal like, just about every time someone complains about something it's rooted in truth in some way but it's almost always followed by completely over the top Nth degree 'PC gone mad' cynicism about how horrendous everything is and how everyone needs to immediately just change.

Like aye, it's fairly natural that someone would view an African player as more 'powerful' than a white player, especially if they have no evidence of the contrary, because African's tend to excel in athletics. (Obviously this depends on physical appearance, I don't think anyone believes Christian Atsu is a unit)

That Yaya example is perfect actually, as there's honestly not a single person I've ever spoken too who wouldn't give him his do's for his technical ability. I don't think those people also need to pretend he's 4ft tall and 30 pounds in fear of stereotyping an obviously massive and extremely physically opposing black man.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think it's fair to say it's 'rooted' though, it's some people meaning something and others not. Someone described Coloccini as a beast on here either today or yesterday. I don't think you can make presumptions with something that's so nuanced and, imo, rooted in circumstance.

Yeah but that's not analogous to its general usage. Sure there is anomalies in everything, I don't doubt that. Overall patterns are much more likely to show something significant though.  I would predict that if you ran the same analysis as the NFL one above, you'd find largely the same patterns.

So there's a stereotype of the sort of person who says it.