Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

It would be fair enough if they'd been using it on Rob Earnshaw and Aaron Lennon and not using it for Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Matic. Does it apply to Drogba, Sissoko, Yaya Toure? Of course it does. They don't even use it for Kante, who's powerful as f***.

Physically strong, tall or 'stocky' players are going to get called powerful or powerhouses and a proportion of players within that description are black. It's circumstantial as far as I'm concerned.

They did only a week or so ago :lol: was pointed out on here

Someone called Kante a powerhouse? :lol: Seriously?

Not on here, a match commentator :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Mendy got called a powerhouse

But he is a powerhouse. :lol:

I get what people are saying like, that Kante one definitely oversteps the mark, but literally all of the other players mentioned would be fittingly described as that, or as that being one of their main attributes. It's just ignorant to claim otherwise tbh.

It's pretty obvious that black players are almost always compared to other black players more often than not, regardless of their actual playing attributes. "Big, black central midfielder? Reminds me of Yaya Toure." I'm sure Sissoko was probably compared favorably to Yaya at some point, despite being completely different types of players. It's lazy at best.

*someone digs up a Deuce post favorably comparing Sissoko to Yaya Toure*

That's a two way street tbf. White players don't exactly get compared with black players. I dunno why it's seen as a problem that there are obvious differences and similarities that aren't just simply 'ah they're both black' - no one's comparing Drogba and Sammy Ameobi.

Dunno like, have you checked Cronky's post history?

Guest firetotheworks

It's pretty obvious that black players are almost always compared to other black players more often than not, regardless of their actual playing attributes. "Big, black central midfielder? Reminds me of Yaya Toure." I'm sure Sissoko was probably compared favorably to Yaya at some point, despite being completely different types of players. It's lazy at best.

That's a two way street tbf. White players don't exactly get compared with black players. I dunno why it's seen as a problem that there are obvious differences and similarities that aren't just simply 'ah they're both black' - no one's comparing Drogba and Sammy Ameobi.

Dunno like, have you checked Cronky's post history?

:lol: Fair point.

The weirdest part of it all is a fully grown man sat at home writing a song about a player and his initial thought was to rhyme a word about his penis. Bizarre to say the least.

Whey, it's obviously weird as fuck, because Manchester United fans are without exception creeps of the highest order. Whether it merits the banhammer is up for discussion.

Why would they be though? White players aren't "powerful"  ;)

I also think people will go out of their way to find an accurate and favorable comparison for white players, however random (i.e. "Reminds me of Danny Murphy during his Liverpool days, this lad") vs. a handful of archetype black players ("hmm, well he's kinda like Drogba I guess. Or maybe Thierry Henry"). :lol:

As far as fullbacks go Mendy is a huge f***ing unit tbf. If i never watched him and someone told me he's a CB i'd believe them.

I thought he was a defensive midfielder tbh, surprised me when he showed up at LB this weekend :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Why would they be though? White players aren't "powerful"  ;)

I also think people will go out of their way to find an accurate and favorable comparison for white players, however random (i.e. "Reminds me of Danny Murphy during his Liverpool days, this lad") vs. a handful of archetype black players ("hmm, well he's kinda like Drogba I guess. Or maybe Thierry Henry"). :lol:

Playing devil's advocate here, but can you name any white players who you could compare fairly accurately with Drogba or Henry? I genuinely think that up to a point it's circumstantial like.

The weirdest part of it all is a fully grown man sat at home writing a song about a player and his initial thought was to rhyme a word about his penis. Bizarre to say the least.

Whey, it's obviously weird as fuck, because Manchester United fans are without exception creeps of the highest order. Whether it merits the banhammer is up for discussion.

Would they go into a pub and crack the same kind of banter to some black guys? Extremely doubtful, so why is it cool if its done at football? I think a fair rule of thumb is that if its not okay in general society its not okay at the football?

I wouldn't go into a pub and start roaring YOU FAT BASTARD in someone's face either like. Football would be embarrassingly sanitised if you applied that logic across the board.

Guest firetotheworks

Would they go into a pub and crack the same kind of banter to some black guys? Extremely doubtful, so why is it cool if its done at football? I think a fair rule of thumb is that if its not okay in general society its not okay at the football?

How many times have you gone up to curly haired men and told them that you'd let them shag your wife? :lol:

Half-rhyme at best as well, so they've really had to shoehorn it in.

I wouldn't go into a pub and start roaring YOU FAT BASTARD in someone's face either like. Football would be embarrassingly sanitised if you applied that logic across the board.

yes because thats an equivalency :lol:

The fat bastard is likely to be more offended tbh.

yes because thats an equivalency :lol:

The fat bastard is likely to be more offended tbh.

:lol: you can tell you've not been anywhere like. Also you've never called anyone a fat bastard in your life? Really?

Not to their face, try to avoid getting battered. Keep my offensiveness purely behind backs or behind the safety of a computer.

Also, no idea what the first sentence is about  :lol: Do they teach you how to be desperately PC when you go on holiday to Majorca?

La Liga has fined Celta de Vigo for the low attendance at his stadium. A new rule introduced this season mandates a minimum of 70% attendance on the stands that are going to be shown in TV broadcasts. Yes, it's cringeworthy, but as a result, Celta has lowered ticket prices to avoid further fines.

La Liga has fined Celta de Vigo for the low attendance at his stadium. A new rule introduced this season mandates a minimum of 70% attendance on the stands that are going to be shown in TV broadcasts. Yes, it's cringeworthy, but as a result, Celta has lowered ticket prices to avoid further fines.

Bit harsh given they're redeveloping it at the mo.

Bit harsh given they're redeveloping it at the mo.

The closed stands don't count though.

Nonetheless, it's a stupid rule. I'm quite surprised they are going forward with it. Tickets in Spain are cheap for home fans in most clubs, that's not really the problem. Idiotic scheduling is a bigger issue. Monday games? Sunday night games? Midweek league games at 22pm? FFS.

It would be fair enough if they'd been using it on Rob Earnshaw and Aaron Lennon and not using it for Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Matic. Does it apply to Drogba, Sissoko, Yaya Toure? Of course it does. They don't even use it for Kante, who's powerful as fuck.

Physically strong, tall or 'stocky' players are going to get called powerful or powerhouses and a proportion of players within that description are black. It's circumstantial as far as I'm concerned.

See I wouldn't call Matic for example a powerhouse. I think you need to be really quick as well as strong to be that. It just so happens that more black players than white players are powerful IMO