Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

It's literally a chant related to his skin colour, based on a reductionist stereotype. There's no defence for it. No one would make similar comments/jokes outside of football or they'd get banged out.  The IQ of the people who are calling talk sport to defend it, is very telling.

Correct.

Guest firetotheworks

It's not as bad as the Park song they sang for a decade and neebody batted an eyelid at that.

You're just pitching underarm with that, like.

It's pretty obvious that black players are almost always compared to other black players more often than not, regardless of their actual playing attributes. "Big, black central midfielder? Reminds me of Yaya Toure." I'm sure Sissoko was probably compared favorably to Yaya at some point, despite being completely different types of players. It's lazy at best.

*someone digs up a Deuce post favorably comparing Sissoko to Yaya Toure*

It's not as bad as the Park song they sang for a decade and neebody batted an eyelid at that.

well yeah, is progress a bad thing like?  :lol:

Hmm, I wouldn't necessarily agree that the BANNING of an innocuous, clearly affectionately intended song is progress. Too PC for my liking. Having said that, it does seem to have genuinely offended someone at Kick it Out, so I am quite probably in the wrong.

Guest firetotheworks

It would be fair enough if they'd been using it on Rob Earnshaw and Aaron Lennon and not using it for Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Matic. Does it apply to Drogba, Sissoko, Yaya Toure? Of course it does. They don't even use it for Kante, who's powerful as fuck.

Physically strong, tall or 'stocky' players are going to get called powerful or powerhouses and a proportion of players within that description are black. It's circumstantial as far as I'm concerned.

It would be fair enough if they'd been using it on Rob Earnshaw and Aaron Lennon and not using it for Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Matic. Does it apply to Drogba, Sissoko, Yaya Toure? Of course it does. They don't even use it for Kante, who's powerful as f***.

Physically strong, tall or 'stocky' players are going to get called powerful or powerhouses and a proportion of players within that description are black. It's circumstantial as far as I'm concerned.

They did only a week or so ago :lol: was pointed out on here

Guest firetotheworks

It's pretty obvious that black players are almost always compared to other black players more often than not, regardless of their actual playing attributes. "Big, black central midfielder? Reminds me of Yaya Toure." I'm sure Sissoko was probably compared favorably to Yaya at some point, despite being completely different types of players. It's lazy at best.

*someone digs up a Deuce post favorably comparing Sissoko to Yaya Toure*

That's a two way street tbf. White players don't exactly get compared with black players. I dunno why it's seen as a problem that there are obvious differences and similarities that aren't just simply 'ah they're both black' - no one's comparing Drogba and Sammy Ameobi.

Guest firetotheworks

It would be fair enough if they'd been using it on Rob Earnshaw and Aaron Lennon and not using it for Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Matic. Does it apply to Drogba, Sissoko, Yaya Toure? Of course it does. They don't even use it for Kante, who's powerful as f***.

They did only a week or so ago :lol: was pointed out on here

Someone called Kante a powerhouse? :lol: Seriously?