Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

One of them needs to rock up to the next presser wearing an I love mourinho/Conte tee shirt.  :lol:

Not self love of course as I reckon mourinho could actually be wearing one of those all the time.

This video from a few year back still cracks me up like.

Jamie Carragher reacting to speculation that Coloccini is about to become manager of Newcastle United.

:lol:

Really? It still boils my piss!

Gary Monk had just been given the Swansea job. The media were all over this success story, played for the club for a decade and was gonna step up when the club needed him. Carra and co were so far up his arse.

Newcastle United in the exact same situation were literally laughed at.

This video from a few year back still cracks me up like.

Jamie Carragher reacting to speculation that Coloccini is about to become manager of Newcastle United.

:lol:

Really? It still boils my p*ss!

Gary Monk had just been given the Swansea job. The media were all over this success story, played for the club for a decade and was gonna step up when the club needed him. Carra and co were so far up his arse.

Newcastle United in the exact same situation were literally laughed at.

I don't know about all of that, I just found Carragher's snigger hilarious, as let's face it, the idea of Coloccini being the manager of Newcastle was bloody funny. Especially at the time when all the talk was about how much he wanted to be back in Argentina...

Guest firetotheworks

Documentary on the English youth football system/experience on BT Sport 2 now. It already looks very good.

Thought it was good, enjoyed the array of people they interviewed from Wenger and Steven Gerrard to real grassroots level like the guy right at the beginning giving people from 'the streets' a chance to play football.

The stuff about 7 year olds having offers from 8 PL clubs is just crazy, even though it was similar when I was playing football as a youngster

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/672392/Man-Utd-Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-Swedish-media-latent-racism

Ibrahimovic claims he has never been accepted by Swedish journalists.

"They still attack me today because they do not accept me being Ibrahimovic," he told French outlet Canal+.

“If another player made the same mistakes as me, they would defend him. When it's me, they do not defend me.

But it's okay, it's what made me stronger.

This is about racism. I'm not saying there is racism, but there is undercover racism.

This exists, I'm 100 per cent sure. If my name was Svensson or Andersson, or if I was them, they would defend me even if I robbed a bank."

http://viralviralvideos.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2015/02/Bored-Boring-Dr.-Steve-Brule-Nap-Nod-Off-Nodding-Off-Sleep-Sleepy-Tired-Zzz.gif

He really isn't, to be honest.

In what ways is he wrong? That there's not a latent racism against second generation immigrants? I fear you might be quite naive if you believe that.

Same way as "John Carew isn't really Norwegian, you know" used to be an argument far too many idiots made when he was shit, and then the same idiots embraced him fully as the most Norwegian of Norwegians when he was not shit. Still see it today even with Josh King.

Isn't Zlatan treated like a God in Sweden though?

His argument is that when he fucks up, he gets hammered much more than he would if he was 100% Swedish. He's fair game, because he's not really Swedish when he fucks up, only when he's great.

He really isn't, to be honest.

In what ways is he wrong? That there's not a latent racism against second generation immigrants? I fear you might be quite naive if you believe that.

Same way as "John Carew isn't really Norwegian, you know" used to be an argument far too many idiots made when he was s***, and then the same idiots embraced him fully as the most Norwegian of Norwegians when he was not s***. Still see it today even with Josh King.

If Zlatan is treated in a special way, it's because of the arrogant guy he is. Even with his cocky attitude, he is well liked all over. I've seen Croats/Serbians claiming he's really one of them, but the Swedish have seemingly always loved him too. Let's not make an issue out of nothing :lol: He's probably just annoyed with him being at the end of his career and not getting the same praise he used to.

There's hardly been talk in Norway about that stuff with Josh King nor Carew. If anything, of late, we've heard more about "blenda white" teams being an issue. Come off it man. :lol: