Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Probably been asked before but I spotted this on NUFC.com

2006 Speaking about the vacant position of manager, Chairman Freddy Shepherd said:

"There have been stories sweeping Tyneside about who I'm supposed to be meeting and where. It is highly organised and designed to make people a lot of money.

"There was even a 'leaked' full colour brochure doing the rounds in Newcastle which laid out Ottmar Hitzfeld's CV and his record as a manager.

"It's amazing the lengths people will go to start a rumour which means they can bet for or against a certain person getting the job.

"But I can state here and now that there has been no approach to Hitzfeld and there are no plans to approach him.

"I've said all along we will take our time over this appointment. We've rushed into things before and we've made mistakes, I admit that.

"That's not the case this time. Glenn Roeder is an excellent caretaker, a really safe pair of hands so we can afford to make sure we appoint the right man without the necessity of being hurried into it." 

Was this HTT? What was the story behind it?

Also, the quote about taking our time then just appointing Roeder anyway. Never forget how much of an incompetant fuck Freddy Shepherd was mind, regardless of the cunt in charge at the moment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43115781

AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma is the most promising prospect aged under 20 in European football, according to a new report.

The Italian, 18, tops CIES Football Observatory's list, ahead of Toulouse keeper Alban Lafont, 19, and Paris St-Germain striker Kylian Mbappe, 19.

Two English players are in the top 10 - Everton midfielder Tom Davies, 19, and Fulham left-back Ryan Sessegnon, 17.

CIES analysed two years of domestic league experience in 22 competitions.

"Minutes played by each footballer were weighted according to the sporting level of leagues and the results achieved by employer clubs," it said.

The top 10 players are rated as "five-star prospects" who "should be able to establish themselves in the very best European teams".

Two other English players feature in the top 50 - Leeds midfielder Ronaldo Vieira and Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold, both of whom are 19.

CIES Football Observatory's most promising prospects in Europe

1. Gianluigi Donnarumma (Italy/AC Milan)

2. Alban Lafont (France/Toulouse)

3. Kylian Mbappe (France/Monaco on-loan at PSG)

4. Christian Pulisic (US/Borussia Dortmund)

5. Malang Sarr (France/Nice)

6. Dayot Upamecano (France/RB Leipzig)

7. Tom Davies (England/Everton)

8. Matthijs de Ligt (Netherlands/Ajax)

9. Kai Havertz (Germany/Bayer Leverkusen)

10. Ryan Sessegnon (England/Fulham)

Selected others:

20. Ronaldo Vieira (England/Leeds)

41. Trent Alexander-Arnold (England/Liverpool)

2006 Speaking about the vacant position of manager, Chairman Freddy Shepherd said:

"There have been stories sweeping Tyneside about who I'm supposed to be meeting and where. It is highly organised and designed to make people a lot of money.

"There was even a 'leaked' full colour brochure doing the rounds in Newcastle which laid out Ottmar Hitzfeld's CV and his record as a manager.

"It's amazing the lengths people will go to start a rumour which means they can bet for or against a certain person getting the job.

"But I can state here and now that there has been no approach to Hitzfeld and there are no plans to approach him.

"I've said all along we will take our time over this appointment. We've rushed into things before and we've made mistakes, I admit that.

"That's not the case this time. Glenn Roeder is an excellent caretaker, a really safe pair of hands so we can afford to make sure we appoint the right man without the necessity of being hurried into it." 

Also, the quote about taking our time then just appointing Roeder anyway. Never forget how much of an incompetant f*** Freddy Shepherd was mind, regardless of the c*** in charge at the moment.

Stu/stupeedo on Look North too waving a Germany flag I remember with Clem.

Also, the quote about taking our time then just appointing Roeder anyway. Never forget how much of an incompetant fuck Freddy Shepherd was mind, regardless of the cunt in charge at the moment.

The good old days.

Guest firetotheworks

The ones that are in there loads are Ireland and Campbell with us, Mark Hughes and Ginola at Everton, Gudjonsen at Spurs - I don't remember that one at all.

George Weah at Chelsea

Kluivart here was quite random and something I often forget

Davids at Barca

And Man City.

Thomas Helmer who wasnt good enough to play for Sunderland

Had a big falling out with one of the coaching staff iirc.

Guest firetotheworks

There aren't any that have surprised me this time around, but Weah, Laudrup, and Queresma at Chelsea blew my mind a few years ago.