Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I'd be inclined to think it's a lame excuse, but I was horrified to find a photo of me on a night out made it look like I was doing some kind of Maradona style "slitty eyes" gesture, when it was actually a freeze frame of the universally accepted "Think about it man" symbol.

Why is Odoi so highly rated all of a sudden? What did I miss?

Was meant to have been superb in pre-season and is one of many talented Chelsea youth products.

I hope parents stop taking their children to Chelsea's academy. They'll waste the lads potential and they'll keep you at the club for a long time. At least City seem to let the youngsters go.

Guest chopey

Talk sport said this morning that Man City have made £138 million from player sales from their academy I'm surprised Ashley hasn't cottoned on to that.

Talk sport said this morning that Man City have made £138 million from player sales from their academy I'm surprised Ashley hasn't cottoned on to that.

Ashley's business model is always low-cost.

Get something that sells and markets itself like sports clothing and football. Strip it to its core by lowering costs everywhere as much as possible and job done.

A value-added service that requires more than cost-cutting expertise and significant investment in expertise? Not in his wheelhouse. The most astute thing he's done as Owner here was identify undervalued youngish players in France but he didn't even go full out with that. Had he pulled his finger out we could've had Auba and Laca imo. It was still done on a low-cost basis.

Was it Marseille that identified attacking players sold for way more than defenders. So they prioritised developing the best young attackers they could and it paid dividends.

IMO Ashley would totally cut the academy and reserve team if he could.

He may use more of his business acumen for NUFC if it wasn't primarily an advertising machine. BUt the way to make money in football isn't in his usual skillset

City's academy set up is next level. There is absolutely no way Ashley would spend what they have on infrastructure. Go there if you want to be depressed about how bad ours is.

My mate's Cousin plays for City's academy, and he said the City set up is absolutely incredible like.

It's honestly amazing, couldn't believe it when I went there. The acc ground is better than most league 1 grounds. I mean this is ours:

newcastle-united-academy.jpg

"Newcastle United: Cutting-edge training facilities the envy of the land" FFS :lol: :lol:

£100m they've spent on it, produced one good player who left at the first chance he could to go to Madrid. (semi-serious btw)

Ours is woeful mind, but think the kids don't need pampering like the way citeh do. Thry need to know thryve not made it yet.

£100m they've spent on it, produced one good player who left at the first chance he could to go to Madrid. (semi-serious btw)

Ours is woeful mind, but think the kids don't need pampering like the way citeh do. Thry need to know thryve not made it yet.

Foden? Sancho?

Like I say, semi serious, but sancho again left. Fofen looks quality, still time for him to leave as well. ;)

Guest chopey

I'm not sure if the Talksport £138 million figure is true but I bet it's not far off.

£100M which will pay for itself in the next 15-20 years.