Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Yes but they just went and watched the training ground from outside the fence ffs it's hardly putting a spy camera in the dressing room they just fucking watched the training from outside the ground, anyone can do it and Derby could do it to Leeds if they so wanted, it's cheeky sure but not drugging the other teams food to make them ill or anything

If there's no specific rule against it I don't see the issue. There are much more unfair things happening in football than this

This, it's not worth getting upset over when some teams are given vast sums and others have to scrape by. Players are bought and sold from under managers just to undermine them and managers are constantly trying to influence referees with mind games etc etc

If there's no specific rule against it I don't see the issue. There are much more unfair things happening in football than this

This, it's not worth getting upset over when some teams are given vast sums and others have to scrape by. Players are bought and sold from under managers just to undermine them and managers are constantly trying to influence referees with mind games etc etc

Not to go on about it again but as an example the best team in the country is bankrolled and controlled by a state committing horrific human rights abuses :lol: Who cares about some old bloke "spying" on a training session?

just got my invite to Consett FC's next home game 2 cans of Red Stripe for £5 and £100 season ticket, Ashley can do one for me.

Tempted by a Bromley half season ticket.

My son whos 14 asked me the other day "what was it like supporting us under Keegan?" I said it wasn't that we spent the most or had the best team or had the best tactics it was just the fact that any team that rocked up at St James were given a game, no matter who you were, we tried our best to attack and beat you and the fans and management and board were all moving in the same direction win lose or draw

I mean it's like saying watching back all the previous teams TV matches to learn their tactics is unfair if the other manager hasn't thought to do the same

No it isnt :lol: Watching Derby v Bristol on TV is completely different to watching (spying) Derby in their own training ground working on their tactics and 101 other things specifically for your team

As for the 'no rule, it doesnt matter' thing. Maybe not a specific spying rule (surely one will come in now, dunno how they can enforce it though) but unsportsmanlike conduct or bringing the game into disrepute or something like that, surely?

Yes but they just went and watched the training ground from outside the fence ffs it's hardly putting a spy camera in the dressing room they just fucking watched the training from outside the ground, anyone can do it and Derby could do it to Leeds if they so wanted, it's cheeky sure but not drugging the other teams food to make them ill or anything

I can only assume you're massively underestimating what training is actually for. It's not just a couple laps of the pitch then into a massive game for an hour y'kna :lol:

I can only assume you're massively underestimating what training is actually for. It's not just a couple laps of the pitch then into a massive game for an hour y'kna :lol:

tbf that probably does make up at least some training sessions somewhere in the football league

tbf that probably does make up at least some training sessions somewhere in the football league

*cough*steve mcclaren*cough*

It's not possible for football to be brought into disrepute, it's swimming in disrepute, and sportsmanship barely exists. Teams systematically dive, they set out to intimidate referees for an advantage, they try to get eachother sent off, they try to keep the ball out of play to kill the game, they have ballboys drying the ball for their teams throw-ins but not the oppositions, they set out to injure dangerous players, and that's just some of the on-field stuff, we could go into the financial doping and the dirty as fuck transfer market. There are many many things happening in football on a weekly basis that are worse than sending someone to watch a training session.

It's not possible for football to be brought into disrepute, it's swimming in disrepute, and sportsmanship barely exists. Teams systematically dive, they set out to intimidate referees for an advantage, they try to get eachother sent off, they try to keep the ball out of play to kill the game, they have ballboys drying the ball for their teams throw-ins but not the oppositions, they set out to injure dangerous players, and that's just some of the on-field stuff, we could go into the financial doping and the dirty as fuck transfer market. There are many many things happening in football on a weekly basis that are worse than sending someone to watch a training session.

:thup:

I'm not saying he can't gain an advantage by spying on the training, I'm saying it's an advantage available to derby too and it's not actually against the rules. Competitive sport is about gaining advantages over other teams and of all the slightly underhand ways of doing it this is pretty fucking mild and again, not actually against the rules.

Guest firetotheworks

I strongly suspect Lampard's tactics are not very complex

What's that based on? Judging by his punditry I'd say the opposite tbh, he seems to know what he's talking about.

I can’t see what the big fuss is about. It’s highly unlikely that Derby or anyone else would deviate from their standard tactics during training. Also must clubs have training grounds where you can see the players right through the fence, pretty sure even our training ground has a fence right next to public rights of ways and you can clearly see what’s going on. Some teams even have their training ground in the middle of a housing complex where if you live in one the houses you get to see what’s going on 24/7.

Clubs these days also have extensive scouting networks, so you pretty much know how a team will line up. The only real advantage of ‘spying’ on a training session you will get is if a player picks up and injury or something like that.

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s disrespectful and kind of silly, I bet if someone from Derby did the same the manager of Leeds would kick off. Reeks of amateurism tbh.