Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest firetotheworks

Cronaldo wins Ballon d'Or. Deserved this year tbf but :anguish: that he's level with Messi now

Same. I've spent years understanding people preferring Ronaldo, but over the years the more I've watched and the more I've thought about it, I'm of opinion that the idea of viewing him on the same level as Messi is ridiculous now in all honesty.

Guest Howaythetoon

Cronaldo wins Ballon d'Or. Deserved this year tbf but :anguish: that he's level with Messi now

Same. I've spent years understanding people preferring Ronaldo, but over the years the more I've watched and the more I've thought about it, I'm of opinion that the idea of viewing him on the same level as Messi is ridiculous now in all honesty.

If anything Ronaldo’s acheivements are even more remarkable given he isn’t as highly talented as Messi and hasn’t played in as a great side as peak Barca, that and he has won a major international trophy and did it in the PL. Messi is the better player and will go down as such, but his achievements are less remarkable. When Ronnie rocked up at Man Utd no one could have predicted what he has went on to do, he is a freak of nature and a great player, one of the very very best of all time. Happy for him tbh.

If anything Ronaldo’s acheivements are even more remarkable given he isn’t as highly talented as Messi and hasn’t played in as a great side as peak Barca, that and he has won a major international trophy and did it in the PL. Messi is the better player and will go down as such, but his achievements are less remarkable. When Ronnie rocked up at Man Utd no one could have predicted what he has went on to do, he is a freak of nature and a great player, one of the very very best of all time. Happy for him tbh.

Real Madrid side last season was great. Ronaldo didn't really win an international tournament, he got as far as Messi has three times that I remember and then his teammates won it without him. Messi destroyed the best PL players for years in the CL

Many will disagree but I personally don't see how it's even so heavily debated. Messi to me is by far the better football player. Ronaldo's ability is equal to many players I've seen in my lifetime, as a kid I looked up in awe at Zidane and Brazilian Ronaldo, C Ronaldo is about on their level, Messi is on another entirely.

Guest Howaythetoon

Real Madrid side last season was great. Ronaldo didn't really win an international tournament, he got as far as Messi has three times that I remember and then his teammates won it without him. Messi destroyed the best PL players for years in the CL

Nit picking in the extreme. Just because he didn’t win it single handily... his team mates have often said he is a huge inspiration and a figurehead. He lead that team and contributed massively. Real were great last season, but not peak Barca which like Messi we will never see again. Messi getting the better of PL teams and players... Ronaldo came here and smashed it, fact, this as a scrawny winger who had talent but not undoubted talent like Messi. I don't get the Ronaldo hate or criticism, has there ever been a player that has worked as hard on his game and career and in an era where there is basically Pele, Cruyff, Maradona and Shola rolled into one? You can rate Ronaldo highly btw just as much as Messi... god forbid the two get compared though! Messi is the best, but Ronaldo isn’t as far behind as the fan boys would have you believe. The stats don’t lie nor his achievements.

Guest firetotheworks

I think some of that is reaching, or just not how I view it anyway. Specifically the achievements, to an extent the winning an international trophy bit (It doesn't mean what it used to and Ronaldo went off injured in the final after a few minutes) and certainly the PL bit (Messi has ripped our best teams apart in the CL, it would be no different in the PL)

Barca has also fallen a lot, he's massively carried Argentina, and Messi's exactly as good as he's always been imo, getting into one man team level with Argentina. Tbh, after England, I'd love Argentina to win the WC, for him to collect the full set, and finally close the 'cant do it for Argentina' argument, which is basically the last argument against him in the GOAT debate.

Ronaldo would be in my all time XI for who I've seen in my lifetime, like, but he doesn't even really do it for me anymore tbh.

Nit picking in the extreme. Just because he didn’t win it single handily... his team mates have often said he is a huge inspiration and a figurehead. He lead that team and contributed massively. Real were great last season, but not peak Barca which like Messi we will never see again. Messi getting the better of PL teams and players... Ronaldo came here and smashed it, fact, this as a scrawny winger who had talent but not undoubted talent like Messi. I don't get the Ronaldo hate or criticism, has there ever been a player that has works as hard in his game and career and in a era where there is basically Pele, Cruyff, Maradona and Shola rolled into one? You can rate Ronaldo highly btw just as much as Messi... god forbid the two get compared though! Messi is the best, but Ronaldo isn’t as far behind as the fan boys would have you believe.

How is that nit picking? :lol: People(not you) rating Ronaldo higher than Messi based on a game he didn't play in is an actual thing and its insane. I've never said Ronaldo wasn't great, he clearly is but he's miles behind Messi at most aspects of the game

Guest firetotheworks

Many will disagree but I personally don't see how it's even so heavily debated. Messi to me is by far the better football player. Ronaldo's ability is equal to many players I've seen in my lifetime, as a kid I looked up in awe at Zidane and Brazilian Ronaldo, C Ronaldo is about on their level, Messi is on another entirely.

Brazilian Ronaldo would have been above those two and was above those two without the injury. He was genuinely nearly Messi level, as fleeting as it was by comparison.

I think some of that is reaching, or just not how I view it anyway. Specifically the achievements, to an extent the winning an international trophy bit (It doesn't mean what it used to and Ronaldo went off injured in the final after a few minutes) and certainly the PL bit (Messi has ripped our best teams apart in the CL, it would be no different in the PL)

Barca has also fallen a lot, he's massively carried Argentina, and Messi's exactly as good as he's always been imo, getting into one man team level with Argentina. Tbh, after England, I'd love Argentina to win the WC, for him to collect the full set, and finally close the 'cant do it for Argentina' argument, which is basically the last argument against him in the GOAT debate.

Ronaldo would be in my all time XI for who I've seen in my lifetime, like, but he doesn't even really do it for me anymore tbh.

I'm absolutely certain I'd cry with happiness if Messi captained Argentina to win the world cup next summer :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Nit picking in the extreme. Just because he didn’t win it single handily... his team mates have often said he is a huge inspiration and a figurehead. He lead that team and contributed massively. Real were great last season, but not peak Barca which like Messi we will never see again. Messi getting the better of PL teams and players... Ronaldo came here and smashed it, fact, this as a scrawny winger who had talent but not undoubted talent like Messi. I don't get the Ronaldo hate or criticism, has there ever been a player that has worked as hard on his game and career and in an era where there is basically Pele, Cruyff, Maradona and Shola rolled into one? You can rate Ronaldo highly btw just as much as Messi... god forbid the two get compared though! Messi is the best, but Ronaldo isn’t as far behind as the fan boys would have you believe. The stats don’t lie nor his achievements.

It's not a fan boy thing, it's just an opinion thing. Imo, there's no comparison between the two, Ronaldo and everyone else I've seen is lightyears behind what he does with a football.

It's not a criticism of Ronaldo, his achievements are incredible. His selfishness and preened PR machine don't help in the likeability stakes though.

Brazilian Ronaldo would have been above those two and was above those two without the injury. He was genuinely nearly Messi level, as fleeting as it was by comparison.

Brilliant to watch he was. For me there's 3 players I've watched where it almost seems like god at play. From another world. Something coming through them. Zidane had glimpses of it, Brazilian Ronaldo has phases, but Messi almost every time I see him play.

Best ever, no doubt in my mind.

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/938904145385357312/

For the first time, entire rounds of Premier League matches will be shown live under the next UK broadcast deal, Telegraph Sport can reveal.

The games will be broadcast in midweek and on Bank Holidays. Saturday night matches will also be up for grabs, pitching live football against the likes of Strictly Come Dancing and The X Factor in the battle for a share of the massive and lucrative weekend audience.

The world’s richest league on Thursday night issued the tender document for the television rights to its fixtures for the 2019-22 seasons, a copy of which has been seen by Telegraph Sport.

It can be revealed that the league will make 200 of its 380 matches a year available, 42 more than at present, with three rounds of midweek and one of Bank Holiday games accounting for all but two of the additional fixtures.

Ronaldo is THE DIFFERENCE.

In the Euros and the CL last season. Real couldn’t have won it without him. On at least 2 occasions I’m both tournaments he was the difference. 

At least 2 of Messi’s CL’s Barca could’ve won it with him on the bench. 1 of them they did. 

But yes obviously Messi is the better and more talented, gifted player. But last season clearly Ronaldo deserved it. 

Ronaldo is THE DIFFERENCE.

In the Euros and the CL last season. Real couldn’t have won it without him. On at least 2 occasions I’m both tournaments he was the difference. 

At least 2 of Messi’s CL’s Barca could’ve won it with him on the bench. 1 of them they did. 

But yes obviously Messi is the better and more talented, gifted player. But last season clearly Ronaldo deserved it.

Portugal won the Euros without him and I would argue that him getting injured helped them in that particular game as all of their players could focus on defending. I think Real would have won the CL without Ronaldo last season personally. Which two CL's could Barca have won without Messi?