Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Fucking hell  [emoji38]

He would've got nutted within seconds if he was anywhere near me and my mates.

I've done it at Highfield Rd, in the Holte End at Villa Park and in the home stand at White Hart Lane. Villa definitely the diciest.

Me and my Dad did it in the Main Stand at Chelsea back in 1987 I think it was. 1-1 draw. John Anderson scored.

Had no bother at all and there was even another 2 fans about 6 rows in front that jumped up as well.

Guest firetotheworks

I sometimes think Americans don't get just how violent British culture can be [emoji38]

It's what we resort to as a preferable alternative to shooting people dead, I imagine.

Don't understand the whole fans needing to be segregated myself. Seems to be a football only issue mainly

You'd support fans being unsegregated? So no away end?  Would be a great way to kill off one of the things that makes football by far the most interesting sport.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd fucking hate that, like. Can you imagine how easy it would be to snap and end up in a fight as well? It's bad enough that nearly happening among fans of the same team.

Don't understand the whole fans needing to be segregated myself. Seems to be a football only issue mainly

Not segregated as such but they had home/away blocks at the Japanese baseball for what I imagine where atmosphere reasons.

Either it would result in carnage or it would result in the game being sanitised and all the tribalism removed. Whichever one is a fucking terrible result.

Mixed support is rubbish and creates the bizarre atmospheres you see in rugby matches or in the NBA. Tribalism adds to the tension and gives the sport gravitas and drama that it wouldn't normally have. It's a brilliant thing and the reason the game is so marketable around the world.

You'd support fans being unsegregated? So no away end?  Would be a great way to kill off one of the things that makes football by far the most interesting sport.

No I think it adds to the atmosphere in football. I just don't understand why anyone would feel the need to fight at a football game

Guest firetotheworks

No I think it adds to the atmosphere in football. I just don't understand why anyone would feel the need to fight at a football game

I can't understand how you can't understand that. :lol: Not that I've ever gotten in a fight at a match like, but it's completely understandable how when people are emotional, angry, and possibly drunk, that there'll be fights. That's before getting onto throwing opposition fans in the mix.

Fucking hell  [emoji38]

He would've got nutted within seconds if he was anywhere near me and my mates.

I've done it at Highfield Rd, in the Holte End at Villa Park and in the home stand at White Hart Lane. Villa definitely the diciest.

:lol:

I was in the home end for our game against Everton at Goodison in 15/16, we lost 3-0 so I managed to avoid my head getting stamped on by some scouse mackems.

I can't understand how you can't understand that. [emoji38] Not that I've ever gotten in a fight at a match like, but it's completely understandable how when people are emotional, angry, and possibly drunk, that there'll be fights. That's before getting onto throwing opposition fans in the mix.

Doesn't happen at other sports though. 82,000 go to All Ireland hurling and football finals each year, with no segregation and there's never any bother in the stadium. It's not normal in my opinion

Guest firetotheworks

I can't understand how you can't understand that. [emoji38] Not that I've ever gotten in a fight at a match like, but it's completely understandable how when people are emotional, angry, and possibly drunk, that there'll be fights. That's before getting onto throwing opposition fans in the mix.

Doesn't happen at other sports though. 82,000 go to All Ireland hurling and football finals each year, with no segregation and there's never any bother in the stadium. It's not normal in my opinion

Wait til Disco sees this. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Football already has the culture though. If football had never had segregation then it'd probably be civil, going from segregation to non-segregation would be hell on though at least initially.

I mean same city derbies live and work alongside each other every day.

If only everything could be as peacefully unsegregated as it is in Ireland.