Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I found this quite funny on NUFC.com -

The latest set of Premier League fixture alterations for live TV transmission are due to be released this coming Friday, covering the month of March:

Four Newcastle United games are "at risk":

Sat 02.03.2019 West Ham United (a)

Sat 09.03.2019 Everton (h)

Sat 16.03.2019 Bournemouth (a)

Sat 30.03.2019 Arsenal (a)

PS: FA Cup Sixth Round ties are played over the weekend of March 16th but with Bournemouth knocked out in Round Three, there's no logical reason for us not be at Dean Court that day....

Man City signing Mix Diskerud on a five year deal.

:lol: blast from the past

IIRC that was City bailing out NYCFC after he was utter pap and they couldn’t move him

Read an article using that transfer as its center argument. It was about how owners like the City Group stockpile players even if they aren't necessarily good enough for Manchester City. They can be farmed out to the other clubs they own, rising their quality. The benefit for City Group would naturally be that the player won't play for a competitor, and that should they player either become good enough for Man City - they wouldn't have to pay to get him as they already own him, and if he should not become good enough, the player can still increase in value due to his affiliation with City Group and thus earn City Group more money that they can use on other players to continue the cycle.

I have the same injury (other foot) from October last year, and if his is anything like mine (lower in the bone, Jones fracture), I would be surprised if plays again this season. It is a rubbish injury. No real pain outside of the ankle/foot twist when it happens, but a very slow recovery process with or without surgery, usually several months and easy to reinjure.

Convenient bottle job.

Exactly. Almost like clockwork every year :lol:

Huge talent, but awful to watch. No sympathy for him.

When? Last year he barely made it back for the world cup after his injury and that's the only time an injury has put him out of a big CL game iirc

Didn't he get injured in the 14 world cup also? Meh, I'm keeping my fake narrative regardless. Really dislike the guy.

Tbf, he was injured because Zuniga decided to purposefully knee him in the spine. :lol: My secondary memory of this is Luiz holding his shirt aloft during the anthem, as though Neymar had died, and then proceeding to directly cost his team five goals when they played Germany.

Guest firetotheworks

I hope they don't overreach with how many subscribers they need because £6 just for Serie A and Eredivisie is ridiculous on top of all of the other existing subscriptions.

Eleven Sports losing Serie A games at the end of Feb

Think they're on the brink of collapsing. Seem to be losing everything at the moment.

Can't believe Sky haven't mopped up the coverage