Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest neesy111

He's also often referenced by the greatest managers around, Pep for one. I think he's probably got a difficult personality. I remember how much his Bilbao side battered man united, was the first time i'd really seen that style so effective.

Yeap, but he's adored by the fans of most of the clubs he's managed.

Guest firetotheworks

Why is it worth noting?

Why isn't it? Similar to Sarri, they're both very revered coaches for their style of play, but neither have really won anything of note.

Guest firetotheworks

Why is it worth noting?

Why isn't it? Similar to Sarri, they're both very revered coaches for their style of play, but neither have really won anything of note.

Neither did KK but still love him and wish he was my dad

No I understand the admiration for both of them, I'm just saying that there's no reason to not note that Biesla hasn't won anything.

He's also often referenced by the greatest managers around, Pep for one. I think he's probably got a difficult personality. I remember how much his Bilbao side battered man united, was the first time i'd really seen that style so effective.

That was a great side.  Llorrente and Herrera, also remember a young Munain being brilliant at the time.

That was a great side.  Llorrente and Herrera, also remember a young Munain being brilliant at the time.

Yeah Munain was quality around then. I remember being blown away watching it how aggressive and dominant they were in that game

Aye they were great fun to watch 👍

It's about his influence on other coaches and a distinct style of play more than anything.

For example, I often heard Bielsa set the blueprint for Chile's style of play which eventually won them multiple Copa America's. The managers that actually won it for them followed his core principles although not to the extent that Bielsa practices them.

And the football is exciting. And he comes across as "barmy".

Sarri is a different kettle of fish altogether and not comparable to Bielsa.

Why is it worth noting?

Neither did KK but still love him and wish he was my dad

No I understand the admiration for both of them, I'm just saying that there's no reason to not note that Biesla hasn't won anything.

Yeah fair enough, I don't feel like its a reason to denigrate him though, can still have a big influence over football without the trophies. Tbh I think he's just a bit mad and ends up blowing up the jobs he has. See this sort of thing:

... and told them he'd had an altercation with every builder he'd ever met.

Bielsa took Athletic to two finals, lost them both, and then completely blew up the dressing room. He always gives quite the ride. Love him.

As others said, he set a blueprint that other less obsessive managers can apply with more flexibility and success. Pep's first years at Barça  were very influenced by Bielsa's ideas. Heck, we even set up a scouting team that watched opposition games obsessively, we set up cameras at the Camp Nou that followed certain players exclusively throughout the game to analyze their movements... At one point Pep said that he couldn't keep that level of commitment indefinitely, so he's "eased" on this kind of stuff, but Bielsa is El Loco for something, so he manages to keep going...

Bielsa took Athletic to two finals, lost them both, and then completely blew up the dressing room. He always gives quite the ride. Love him.

As others said, he set a blueprint that other less obsessive managers can apply with more flexibility and success. Pep's first years at Barça  were very influenced by Bielsa's ideas. Heck, we even set up a scouting team that watched opposition games obsessively, we set up cameras at the Camp Nou that followed certain players exclusively throughout the game to analyze their movements...

I heard on the radio yesterday that there was a room at the Nou Camp with like one way glass, that you could watch the opps training through? have you heard that?

Huh, there's loads of one-way windows at the Camp Nou. Whether they have been used to spy on rivals no idea, although I always thought it's unavoidable being watched when you train in the opposition's pitch.