Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

From an Ian White interview.

He also touched on his previous run-in with United fans over his defence of Alan Pardew – and revealed that the ex-United manager had actually fallen out with him about it.

“Newcastle fans will know there were times when it was terrible what was going on with him and he was a Mike Ashley man if we’re going to go deep into it but the fact is he is someone I’ve known since 1983/84 and “I’m not saying I’m backing him and some of the poor displays at Newcastle because he’s a friend but if you’re in the media and you’ve got someone like that you can’t hammer him. You can’t put him away.

“Alan Pardew himself has been upset with me. We had to have a conversation when he was due to do the Debate Show because he didn’t want to do it with me because he thought that some of the things I’d said about him in the past he didn’t like because we’re mates. This is where the Newcastle fans need to understand I’ll be balanced.”

Even more likeable now.  :smitten:

I just quoted to say “Ian Wright said something similar on the True Geordie podcast”, and then realised that’s probably who you meant :lol:

Don’t Udinese have some weird set up where they own a million players but farm them out across Europe?

They’ve a lot but not more than Chelsea or someone. Was Parma a couple of years ago who were doing it on a mad scale.

The away goals rule to be gotten rid of in the Champions League.

I'm glad about this if it happens. I find the rule doesn't serve its original purpose, many 2nd leg matches are pointless because of it and its just stupid for an away goal to be worth more than a normal goal these days.

The next step should be to get rid of 2nd legs it would make the Champions League interesting again.

I've always enjoyed the away goals rule, tbh. It has interesting tactical implications and incentives at certain scores when you are home or away. It also limits the amount of extra-tima and penalties when we have already seen 180 minutes between the two sides. I don't think it will make any tangible difference to the general style of play in two-legged ties, so I will miss that part of it.

It is shit but I still think its a better way of deciding a game than penalties, and it also encourages teams to try to score away from home rather than going for a 0-0.

Eh? Aren't you specifically reducing the incentive to try to score away from home :lol:? Am I missing something?

It is s*** but I still think its a better way of deciding a game than penalties, and it also encourages teams to try to score away from home rather than going for a 0-0.

Eh? Aren't you specifically reducing the incentive to try to score away from home :lol:? Am I missing something?

Aye I was using it as an advantage of the away goals rule. Probs could have worded it better

It is s*** but I still think its a better way of deciding a game than penalties, and it also encourages teams to try to score away from home rather than going for a 0-0.

Aye I was using it as an advantage of the away goals rule. Probs could have worded it better

Ah right that makes sense :lol:.