Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest firetotheworks

10 years ago, Bournemouth stayed up in League 2 after having a 17 points deduction. He’s had them a mid-table Premier League team for 4 seasons running and yet there’s still the odd one who criticise him. Fucking mental what he’s done there.

I can't believe you've done this.

Hazard hasn't even changed this season for me. He'll have an outstanding game and suddenly Carra and Neville are saying that he's the best in the PL and has been for a good few years and he's apparently more consistent and ready for Real Madrid. Then a couple of months later it happens again as if there haven't been loads of matches in between where he's done nothing. The others have been far more consistent.

Nah he's been way more consistent this year, i've criticised him every year since he's been in England tbh :lol: but this year he genuinely performed to a standard worthy of the hype.

Hazard hasn't even changed this season for me. He'll have an outstanding game and suddenly Carra and Neville are saying that he's the best in the PL and has been for a good few years and he's apparently more consistent and ready for Real Madrid. Then a couple of months later it happens again as if there haven't been loads of matches in between where he's done nothing. The others have been far more consistent.

He's scored the most combined goals + assists in the league as well as creating the second most chances and the most man of the match awards in the league. He's been pretty much a one man attack all season. Just because he has occasional games where he is absolutely miles ahead of everyone else in the league doesn't mean he isn't consistently excellent anyway

Guest firetotheworks

He's scored the most combined goals + assists in the league as well as creating the second most chances and the most man of the match awards in the league. He's been pretty much a one man attack all season. Just because he has occasional games where he is absolutely miles ahead of everyone else in the league doesn't mean he isn't consistently excellent anyway

It does however mean that he shouldn't be in the team of the season, which is what was being suggested. He's up against Sterling, Mane, and Aguero. He's not getting in ahead of them.

It does however mean that he shouldn't be in the team of the season, which is what was being suggested. He's up against Sterling, Mane, and Aguero. He's not getting in ahead of them.

I'd have him in instead of Pogba tbh and just change the formation. There isn't really any midfielders who are more worthy.

Guest firetotheworks

Nah he's been way more consistent this year, i've criticised him every year since he's been in England tbh :lol: but this year he genuinely performed to a standard worthy of the hype.

Has he been as consistent as Mane, Aguero, and Sterling? Not for me, Jeff. I've still seen him have a fair few anonymous or ineffective performances too.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd have him in instead of Pogba tbh and just change the formation. There isn't really any midfielders who are more worthy.

Seems mad to me to have him ahead of Son, but fair enough.

Those players are goalscorers. Hazard is Chelsea's Messi, though obviously not as good. He does everything

Guest firetotheworks

Those players are goalscorers. Hazard is Chelsea's Messi, though obviously not as good. He does everything

I see what you're saying, but I don't think him being a talisman because the rest of the Chelsea XI aren't up to that level really changes anything.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think him being a talisman because the rest of the Chelsea XI aren't up to that level really changes anything.

He's always been like that. Mane, Aguero, Sterling, Son are great players but they're on the shoulder of the last man/penalty box players IMO. Hazard's scoring nearly as much as them, assisting much more than them and having a much greater impact on the game overall IMO

Guest firetotheworks

He's always been like that. Mane, Aguero, Sterling, Son are great players but they're on the shoulder of the last man/penalty box players IMO. Hazard's scoring nearly as much as them, assisting much more than them and having a much greater impact on the game overall IMO

That's the argument for him being their talisman though. Man City and Liverpool have others to share the workload and Spurs have Kane. Chelsea have Hazard and that's it at that level.

That's the argument for him being their talisman though. Man City and Liverpool have others to share the workload and Spurs have Kane. Chelsea have Hazard and that's it at that level.

Aye, but that way he plays is why I think he's a much better player than those players. Its like Messi vs. Ronaldo

Has he been as consistent as Mane, Aguero, and Sterling? Not for me, Jeff. I've still seen him have a fair few anonymous or ineffective performances too.

Aguero is the one I'd question - not really convinced he's been that consistent. He scored three hat-tricks in his 19 goals, and wasn't great early on, largely scoring in blowouts against shite - although he has been really good lately. Like I say, I get that up front there's no real standout - you're picking between Aguero, Salah, Kane, and maybe Son and they're all much of a muchness this year.

I'm behind a change to 4-2-4 with Hazard instead of Pogba, Alisson instead of Ederson (also much of a muchness) and Doherty in at full-back as the token "guy-from-an-also-ran".

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, but that way he plays is why I think he's a much better player than those players. Its like Messi vs. Ronaldo

:thup: Disagree but I can't argue with that.