João Pedro

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

The types of fees we want to pay for players are only reputable if the selling club are keen or desperate to sell.

Like Botman and Ekitike's clubs would have sold him them for cheaper than we offered. Pope & Targett - both clubs happy to cash-in.

Now we are trying to sign players clubs would much prefer to keep and we are struggling to get deals done. I think a Chelsea player is inevitable because they are actually keen to get rid and we could get a favourable deal.

According to the latest Athletic podcast, Staveley and Boehly are friends going back quite a number of years. Obviously that doesn't help us convince the players themselves but I think at least once deal with Chelsea is quite likely.  

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yup, we'll eventually pull the trigger on the players we really want, but the message has been sent home all summer right up to the end of the window.

The recruitment team are out here playing Chess, while over emotional fans with nervous dispositions cry, complain and soil their bed sheets.

Where's the chess?

We've shown we set a value for players. Sometimes that's higher than other clubs are willing to pay (Botman, Etikite). Sometimes it's lower than the selling clubs will take (Maddison, Harrison). Clubs won't drop their prices because they are dealing with us. It's good for our coffers but that's about it.

7 hours ago, elbee909 said:

:rolleyes:

Think it's time to avoid this thread, the posts are getting more frustrating than the supposed bids that everyone believes from unreliable sources.

Don't reply to those types of posts and don't comment on them.

They're attention seeking and a cry for help from folks that are struggling to handle their emotions over transfers. They need someone to continuously engage them and go back and forth about the same complaints everyday to get them through it.

I mean ... can you imagine how bad these kind of people would be negotiating any kind of deal? Yet they cry, complain and as always ... bed wet, about the clubs approach to negotiations.

It's actually laughable.

2 hours ago, RS said:

So predictable to see the self-entitlement of our fanbase reach record levels since the takeover, despite seeing levels of investment on and off the field unheard of in 15 years and the fact we have been told the blueprint of the Clubs operating philosophy is a slow burn, but it’s still not good enough for some. 
we’re operating as a competent,competitive premiership club for the first time in a decade. Our reputation (as seen by the forest fans forum) is still that of a lower PL club.

I’m thankful for where we are and happy to watch the transition take place in line with the plan. 

There's no point even saying this anymore. It's just not going to register.

I'm just thankful there's some folks that get it, and at least some decent discussions can be had with them.

9 hours ago, Izakaya said:

At some point we're going to have to pay what a club wants, or run the risk of massively delaying our 'project'. FFP excuse is a weird one considering Forest don't even have a shirt sponsor,  but have no trouble hoying cash around left right and centre. 

Totally agree, it's getting to the stage where its starting to be laughable with ridiculous offers compared to a clubs valuation. If we really want these players why don't they pay the asking price? It's a joke man.

35 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'm totally on board with not paying above what we think is fair value in either transfer fee or wages, Hollywood signings on insane money would leave us in the same situation as Man U. 

Right now I agree.. city have done it perfectly.. can't think of a player they have signed that we could class as Hollywood.. all seem to be players who play for the team .. don't think they have had a pogba attitude or Ronaldo sulked..

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

It's depressing and putting me off a little tbh.

They cannot understand how draining and off putting it is to come into the thread when there's a new post hoping to see some interesting news on players, and be met with the same complaints every single day ... in their eyes we're the ones that have a problem for having anything to say about it.

Just have to look past those posts and sift out the more reasonable and reasoned ones.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

There's no point even saying this anymore. It's just not going to register.

I'm just thankful there's some folks that get it, and at least some decent discussions can be had with them.

I seriously hope that they don’t approach real world relationships like this. People with so much defeatism and pessimism tend to be massive black holes who suck all the energy out of the room.

2 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Right now I agree.. city have done it perfectly.. can't think of a player they have signed that we could class as Hollywood.. all seem to be players who play for the team .. don't think they have had a pogba attitude or Ronaldo sulked..

Early years post takeover, there were quite a few- Robinho, Santa Cruz, Tevez, Adebayor, Ballotelli etc. Seem to have changed that in later years though, like you say. 

3 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

I seriously hope that they don’t approach real world relationships like this. People with so much defeatism and pessimism tend to be massive black holes who suck all the energy out of the room.

This is a forum. A forum is a place where opinions are exchanged. Just because that opinion differs from yours doesn't mean it has any less value than yours or is better than yours, it's just a different opinion that's all, that is the whole point of a forum.

3 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

It's really unfortunate man, but it is what it is I guess.

Just now, Manxst said:

Early years post takeover, there were quite a few- Robinho, Santa Cruz, Tevez, Adebayor, Ballotelli etc. Seem to have changed that in later years though, like you say. 

I would agree on ballotelli (can't believe I forgot about him) and Robinho.. but the rest wasn't really dressing room killers like man utd have signed.. could be wrong like just don't remember stories about them.

Just now, Geordiebri said:

This is a forum. A forum is a place where opinions are exchanged. Just because that opinion differs from yours doesn't mean it has any less value than yours or is better than yours, it's just a different opinion that's all, that is the whole point of a forum.

Jesus Christ. This is such a ridiculous post, dude. We all understand that it’s a forum with differing opinions. But some of you keep on going with this madness as if you are being oppressed for people doing exactly what you are doing…expressing their opinions. My opinion is that some of you are toxic influences on these discussions. I am not throwing you in The Stalag over it though.

Once again, some of you have absolutely no clue what real oppression looks like.

2 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

I would agree on ballotelli (can't believe I forgot about him) and Robinho.. but the rest wasn't really dressing room killers like man utd have signed.. could be wrong like just don't remember stories about them.

Tevez refused to come into the pitch against Bayern and subsequently fucked off to South America for 6 months in his third season there, after a massive falling out with Mancini!

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Jesus Christ. This is such a ridiculous post, dude. We all understand that it’s a forum with differing opinions. But some of you keep on going with this madness as if you are being oppressed for people doing exactly what you are doing…expressing their opinions. My opinion is that some of you are toxic influences on these discussions. I am not throwing you in The Stalag over it though.

Once again, some of you have absolutely no clue what real oppression looks like.

People in Saudi do though :troll:

6 minutes ago, Geordiebri said:

Maybe start thinking about them as thoughts, as opposed to opinions, then people wouldn't cling to them so desperately.

3 minutes ago, Geordiebri said:

Not sure where people think we are as a club but if it's already at the point where we're genuinly disappointed, dismayed or even annoyed that we're not getting the CL quality players (emphasis on CL quality) we'd originally targetted then I'm not sure we have any right to ever be despondent when people call us deluded. 

Just because you have a differing opinion, it doesn't mean we can't point out it's a load of shite. 

5 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Pretty sure he never mentioned oppression.