João Pedro

I mean I’m frustrated like a bairn who’s seeing all the other kids get new toys, however I do have to remind myself it was but a year ago when I was worrying if I could ever take my son to SJP. We’re on the right path.

I'm happy with who they seem to be targeting but not so happy with the execution of the deals from what has been reported. If we still finish the window with all the players we need then fair play, but we seem to making very heavy work of signing attacking players. IF the reports turn out to be true that we are constantly low balling clubs for their attacking players and it hasn't worked even once then questions would have to be asked of those in charge of recruitment.

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

I'm happy with who they seem to be targeting but not so happy with the execution of the deals from what has been reported. If we still finish the window with all the players we need then fair play, but we seem to making very heavy work of signing attacking players. IF the reports turn out to be true that we are constantly low balling clubs for their attacking players and it hasn't worked even once then questions would have to be asked of those in charge of recruitment.

Questions do not need to be asked man :lol: 

They will get the deals done by the timeline that they deem necessary and not by the timeline determined by the fans.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The timeline is determined by the transfer window really, not the fans. If they get 2 or 3 more in before the end, it's a massive success.

Yes, which is exactly why they're still working on transfers.

While the fans say questions need to be asked because the approach isn't right. Yada yada yada.

7 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

I've not seen much evidence that we're low balling clubs on the regular like, other than Leicester regarding Maddison. A lot of it is just standard negotiating. A selling club sets a price, a buying club bids and they meet somewhere in the middle, I'm not sure why it causes so much angst amongst our fans.

Just now, KaKa said:

Yes, which is exactly why they're still working on transfers.

While the fans say questions need to be asked because the approach isn't right. Yada yada yada.

I mean, we would all like it to have been easy and get players in earlier. I think that's fair enough. 

But ultimately the end of the window is the time to make a judgement. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I've not seen much evidence that we're low balling clubs on the regular like, other than Leicester regarding Maddison. A lot of it is just standard negotiating. A selling club sets a price, a buying club bids and they meet somewhere in the middle, I'm not sure why it causes so much angst amongst our fans.

I think it's been so long since we've genuinely tried to sign players worth negotiating for that they've completely forgotten how the whole thing works :lol:

Edited by KaKa

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I mean, we would all like it to have been easy and get players in earlier. I think that's fair enough. 

But ultimately the end of the window is the time to make a judgement. 

Absolutely.

Guest HTT II

I’ll say it again, just because we are used to Ashley’s NUFC and us not even trying, we need to forget about that era ASAP and that way of us doing or not doing business, we need to hold our new owners to higher standards and thus far, they have failed to add sufficient attacking quality to the team and if that doesn’t materialise come the end of the window, they should be deemed as having failed.

I’m confident we will, but again, we may have to pay over the odds for a player or two and we shouldn’t be so rigid in our process, at least not all of the time. I get FFP and not wanting to smash a wage structure, but I’ll go off what KK was presented with when we signed Shearer. I’m paraphrasing here, but he basically said he would rather we spent all our money now on a Shearer even if it meant we couldn’t or wouldn’t have much to spend the following season as a Shearer would make the team instantly better in the now and help the club achieve its chances of success much quicker.

We haven’t exactly been ambitious this window, low balling offers right left and centre, getting dragged into long drawn sagas and seemingly going from player to another. Just fucking bite the bullet and get it done. If we rate Pedro so highly, trust the scouting and data and pay say 30m even if it’s a lot more than he’s worth or we are being taxed. We did it with Wood.

I honestly thought we’d have signed at least one quality attacking player before the start of the season, and yet we haven’t. This isn’t bed wetting or over expectations, again I’m more than happy with the business we’ve done since the takeover and I’m confident we will do some more good business before the window shuts, but there are clearly issues and concerns and as a fanbase, again we need to forget about the Ashley era and get over our hang ups from that period, I.e. well at least we are trying, least we are spending.

So we fucking should. Don’t feel bad just because we now are when we didn’t used to, or feel like we should be grateful for small mercies etc. this is a new era, with an ambitious manager, owners and players and we should be too. We need two quality extra attacking players minimum to even consider breaking away from being a mid-table team, that should be the base requirement this season, aiming for the max of European football.

If not we can kiss goodbye to Bruno next season for example.

People who have never owned and run a club before have taken an empty shell and built a framework for a solidly successful, sustainable club, after having been blocked from doing so on their timeframe, left dangling, then having it drop in their laps in the heat of the season as relegation fodder. Even if one has criticisms of how things have been done this window, okay, fine, but there’s really no reason to think there’s some sort of fundamental flaw or that the subjects of those criticisms will continue. We’ve barely had time for the director of football and CEO to hang pictures on their walls. 

38 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Worth to point out that even if we put in a bid, and got told no we won't take anything less than X amount, if we went straight back and offered the minimum asked the likelihood of the selling club accepting said offer is very low, especially if the selling club is in no urgent need of selling. They aren't bound to accept anything unless they give us a formal counter-offer.

7 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

People who have never owned and run a club before have taken an empty shell and built a framework for a solidly successful, sustainable club, after having been blocked from doing so on their timeframe, left dangling, then having it drop in their laps in the heat of the season as relegation fodder. Even if one has criticisms of how things have been done this window, okay, fine, but there’s really no reason to think there’s some sort of fundamental flaw or that the subjects of those criticisms will continue. We’ve barely had time for the director of football and CEO to hang pictures on their walls. 

yep

And CEO doesn’t even start until Monday 

7 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

I’m not sure how difficult most of what has been done is, tbf.  Ashley set the bar incredibly low by starving the club of professional staff.  Appointing a DoF and a CEO is hardly rocket science.

I’m not saying a bad job has been done, but a lot of it is really just doing what 91 other professional clubs manage to do without issue. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m not sure how difficult most of what has been done is, tbf.  Ashley set the bar incredibly low by starving the club of professional staff.  Appointing a DoF and a CEO is hardly rocket science.

I’m not saying a bad job has been done, but a lot of it is really just doing what 91 other professional clubs manage to do without issue. 

But surely you realise how low a point we were starting from? 

Of course the other clubs have it, but they didn't conjure it into being in a couple of months either. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s the calibre of those they’ve got in though isn’t it, rather than the fact they have just recruited someone.

Both are world class in what they do 

Edited by LV