João Pedro

24 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Still plenty of time to get things done, the later it gets the more likely clubs will buckle and accept offers. The last week will be interesting.

Watford don't want to sell, don't need the money, and have him tied down to a long contract. It's probably us that will have to buckle and pay more, which I think is the reality of buying players late in the window.

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Course it does. 

How? We've denied we have even made a second bid and I think JP actually does have an injury.

Hey look, if we sign him great. I think everyone is jumping the gun.

5 hours ago, STM said:

No it isn't, nor is any fee going to be 30m straight off the bat.

Every club buy potential, some clubs produce potential but that's another story.

My point was his goalscoring record is irrelevant because he's 20. All other metrics say he's got massive potential.

I do think goal scoring is an instinctive thing, not sure if you are going to develop it much further with age. That said, he might be a good finisher playing in a bad team, or in the wrong position. I just haven't seen enough of him to be able to judge.

5 minutes ago, STM said:

How? We've denied we have even made a second bid and I think JP actually does have an injury.

I didn’t see we’d denied anything. As you say, we’ll see. 

7 minutes ago, STM said:

It's just each side holding out for the best deal possible, you would think they will come to a compromise figure before the window shuts.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

We've neither confirmed nor denied anything as far as I'm aware, like. 

A local journo from Watford claimed we'd not submitted a second bid, but seemed to be the only one going with that line. 

9 minutes ago, STM said:

We denied it?

3 hours ago, black_n_white said:

Still plenty of time to get things done, the later it gets the more likely clubs will buckle and accept offers. The last week will be interesting.

This could easily go the other way, as the later it gets the less time clubs have to replace players leaving, so they may well be less likely to buckle and accept less than what they value the player at.

12 minutes ago, Sean said:

This could easily go the other way, as the later it gets the less time clubs have to replace players leaving, so they may well be less likely to buckle and accept less than what they value the player at.

I think brinkmanship comes into it the later we get in the window and the loan market is always last minute. 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Villa agree Sarr fee, wonder if they ask for even more for Pedro now. 

Thought he was off to Palace? 

Can't believe how much money they're giving Gerrard man :lol:

I suppose any manager that comes in would still find these players useful, but still. Yikes.

Just now, KaKa said:

Thought he was off to Palace? 

Can't believe how much money they're giving Gerrard man :lol:

I suppose any manager that comes in would still find these players useful, but still. Yikes.

Funny thing is Villa don’t play with wingers 😂