João Pedro

Just now, Tsunami said:

Surely we have a good idea what Watford will accept. If we’ve made a final  offer that is say 5M short of that then you’d be forgiven for questioning some of our activity with handling negotiations.

I think 25 million is a brilliant offer for him in fairness, regardless if we are short of their valuation.

If I was a Watford fan, I’d be absolutely gutted about this. They’ve sold almost all of their attacking talent and this one was the best prospect. Who’ve they brought in to replace them? Likely that irrespective of whether they sell João or not, they won’t be coming up this season but it’ll be a certainty if they sell him I think. However, who knows what financial position they’re in and if he kicks up a major fuss then it won’t be worth their while to keep him 

I also think it’s a fair offer, I’m more suggesting that if Watford are after 30M plus add ons we should just walk away now. Hopefully, we know this offer will do it. If not, it’s another possible example of the Newcastle price and we’re somewhat wasting our time. 

I’m more than happy for us to play the long game to get the right players at the right price but it’s going to be frustrating along the way. 

35 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Watford are fine for players.

They already have other prospects that will be introduced into the team.

If they do go into the market it will be for players much better than anyone we would give them.

If that's true then Anderson is probably not for them. Murphy though could be handy at that level if it's mainly 'prospects' they have.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

If Sarr goes, it does feel a bit less likely. Maybe that's why we're pushing now rather than let them sit on the previous offer.

Sarr offer has been accepted though so it won’t make a difference at this point 

12 minutes ago, gbandit said:

If I was a Watford fan, I’d be absolutely gutted about this. They’ve sold almost all of their attacking talent and this one was the best prospect. Who’ve they brought in to replace them? Likely that irrespective of whether they sell João or not, they won’t be coming up this season but it’ll be a certainty if they sell him I think. However, who knows what financial position they’re in and if he kicks up a major fuss then it won’t be worth their while to keep him 

When we were relegated last time round, all our big stars wanted out. It's very hard to keep hold of players who don't want to drop a division if they are getting offers from PL clubs.

Just now, TRon said:

When we were relegated last time round, all our big stars wanted out. It's very hard to keep hold of players who don't want to drop a division if they are getting offers from PL clubs.

Think the concern for them though is they haven’t brought in quality replacements. We either had young prospects or proven players at championship level

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If that's true then Anderson is probably not for them. Murphy though could be handy at that level if it's mainly 'prospects' they have.

Someone posted a link to their club page where they had like 6 strikers all ranging from 21 to 24 years of age I think.

That connection with Udinese has them constantly cycling in all sorts and I think some of them will inevitably be quite handy.

If I'm not mistaken they already even have another young Brazilian attacking player that is quite highly thought of at the club. Not sure they'll be impressed by Murphy at all.

Watford can't keep a player who doesn't want to be there, especially when 30m is on the table. It would be different if they were in the PL.

They will have got 80m for 3 players and while that could be spun as a negative, if you can't use half of that to get players to get you out of the league then there is something wrong with the recruitment.

If they reject it, we should move on... and I like the lad.

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Think the concern for them though is they haven’t brought in quality replacements. We either had young prospects or proven players at championship level

did we or did they come in after the sales / when the sales were pretty much nailed on?

probably 50:50, but we definitely did not go down with a squad that resembled the one that came back up 

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

did we or did they come in after the sales / when the sales were pretty much nailed on?

probably 50:50, but we definitely did not go down with a squad that resembled the one that came back up 

I meant by the end of the window we had that sort of make up in the squad. I’m nor seeing it in Watford’s squad right now. There’s still some time to go in the window but as it stands I would say they have no chance of coming back up without João unless they spend very well 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

By all accounts the lads character is one of his strongest attributes, is he likely to throw his toys out the pram if it gets rejected ?

I think you can have a solid character but also make it clear to your current club that you want to move.

Footballs a funny game. He might not get another chance of a decent move if Watford don't have a good season, despite how much potential he may have.