João Pedro

11 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

That seems like a more reasonable assessment of the situation. I just find it very very hard to believe that our final offer has gone in if only one “journalist” is saying it. It would have been widespread by now.

Depends on the leak. Nobody knew about Pope before he almost signed. Maddison bid only Percy knew. I guess Watford has a lot of italians around the club so Romano knows them well maybe. That said Romano is far from a bluffer.

56 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I remember some player responding in awe at one of his exclusives saying something like “wow :o this guy is good, I didn’t even tell my wife about this”. The guy has obviously has decent sources and rarely misses.

Yeah i remember that happening, who was that? 

I've changed my mind on him. He hasn't got much, if anything, wrong.

EDIT: It was Yoshida.

Edited by STM

50 minutes ago, Teasy said:

According to Watford fans no, Pedro is the better player and younger.

If we are after him he obviously is. Just look at how everyone is now looking at Jack Harrison in a new light.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

If we are after him he obviously is. Just look at how everyone is now looking at Jack Harrison in a new light.

Almost as if our scouts actually do their work well.

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

I remember some player responding in awe at one of his exclusives saying something like “wow :o this guy is good, I didn’t even tell my wife about this”. The guy has obviously has decent sources and rarely misses.

Romano? I've been confidently informed on here that all ge does is reading the news and then posts when everyone already knows it's happening.

If we get this lad. I personally think he will be first class. Once he gets that Brazilian Geordie energy he'll be banging them in.

If we were buying the kid straight from Fluminese with his undoubted ability and technical flair, we'd all be knocking one out.

Give the lad a few months, his talent alongside better players and with Eddies coaching, he's gonna tear it up.

4 hours ago, Mazzy said:

We do, so why pay the extra for Pedro if he could do wonders with Sarr for roughly £5m less?  I know age is one reason and perhaps Sarrs attitude/personality is something they've looked into and decided against.

However if we are really penny pinching and walking away from deals for the sake of £5m/10m then it seems an odd decision to overlook Sarr in favour of Pedro assuming both were ever options.

Agree. We don't seem interested in Bamba Dieng either, and he is going to go for about 15m. Sarr or Dieng would bring immediate improvement and goal scoring on the right wing w/ the occasional cover for Wilson. They are also both young. We seem to be set on taking on a project in Pedro. He may have a higher upside both he will take longer to contribute.

Very excited by this one, think it’s probably very close to being done now. I still think we’re lacking goals and he might not come in and deliver them this season but I think he will add a lot to the side even without goals 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Very excited by this one, think it’s probably very close to being done now. I still think we’re lacking goals and he might not come in and deliver them this season but I think he will add a lot to the side even without goals 

Same, I think even if his end product is lacking at 20 I'd rather him than Murphy coming on as I'm sick of seeing him missing brilliant chances.  We create a lot of chances( Brighton aside to an extent).

On 20/08/2022 at 12:30, Fantail Breeze said:

We need to stop saying shit like this :lol: Nobody is asking us to bend over backwards, just pay a realistic fee.

Realistic for who? 17m was realistic to us if the first reported bid was correct but they want nearly double when players with better proven pedigree (maybe not potential) are going for less. We have our own system of what is realistic and they have shown they will stick with it. 

We were right to stick to our guns with Carlos, right with Botman, probably likewise with Maddison. The stall we set out with how we do business now is pivotal for negotiations every window going forward. Nobody is asking us to bend over backwards, as you say, except the majority of clubs we have approached to bid for players over this summer. Thats been pretty blantant like, really blatant. But I guess depends again, realistic fee for who?