João Pedro

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I’ve answered that in the post above yours.

I’m not saying we should roll over and pay prices that are astronomical.

That's a hell of a leap, but if that's your interpretation fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I’ve answered that in the post above yours.

I’m not saying we should roll over and pay prices that are astronomical.

I thought the price for Ekitike was. There seems to be a Premier league price then a Newcastle price on top.

Edited by madras

31 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Hopefully we go in with £22m plus £2m in addons to show the footballing world that we're not fucking about.

‘Dan Ashworth held a gun to his head, and Darren Eales assured him that either his brains -- or his signature -- would be on the contract’

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

That's a hell of a leap, but if that's your interpretation fair enough.

It was widely reported as that, it’s not my interpretation at all. 

2 minutes ago, madras said:

I thought the price for Ekitike was. There seems to be an Premier league price than  Newcastle price on top.

Well we clearly didn’t think it was astronomical because we went back in this summer and offered it again. That makes no sense from your part.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

7 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I get where you’re coming from but if we have a couple injuries which results in Wood starting alongside the likes of Murphy and Fraser, we’re in for a long season I think.

The dearth of attacking quality in the squad must be addressed, at least partially in this window. 

Didn't Wood start alongside Fraser quite a bit at the end of last season?

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Well we clearly didn’t think it was astronomical because we went back in this summer and offered it again. That makes no sense from your part.

You're assuming that he would have moved if we hadn't have left it so late, the behaviour of his agent this summer suggests differently.

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

It was widely reported as that by most journalists covering the deal.

Reims released a statement saying that the player himself had decided to stay as he 'didn't want to skip the stages', nothing to do with not reaching an agreement on price.

More than likely, PSG told his agent to hang on until the summer, which is exactly what happened.

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I said I thought it was astronomical.  After watching Ekitike a couenof times I became wary, good goalscoring stats but didn't seem to play well.

2 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I suppose my overall point is that I just don’t think we’ll replicate that form with those players for a similar period of time this season.

Got to consider the following:

- Howe's methods are now embedded, not new.

- They've had a full Howe led pre-season.

- They were still in Bruce mode for the beginning of the second half of last season and did incredibly well.

- We've added Botman, Pope and Targett is now fully integrated.

- Wilson might stay fit for longer than last year

- Bruno is acclimatised.

- They will very likely add players.

Even if all we succeed in doing this season is a solid mid-table finish and a decent run in the cups, who gives a fuck? Ashley has gone and it's a marathon, not a sprint.

6 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

Reims released a statement saying that the player himself had decided to stay as he 'didn't want to skip the stages', nothing to do with not reaching an agreement on price.

More than likely, PSG told his agent to hang on until the summer, which is exactly what happened.

You’re missing the point, the point is (as reported by most journalists covering it in January) it took us so long to agree a price that we left a young player in an impossible position on deadline day to make such a big decision. Hence the reasoning given in the statement.

You said my post was pure speculation and then you come up with that nonsense about PSG at the end.

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Bruno?

As he only signed seven months ago, you’d have thought the club would’ve been clear to him then about our ambitions and he was happy enough to sign up to that.

Unless they’re desperately failing with those ambitions, I see no reason why he should be unhappy.

9 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Got to consider the following:

- Howe's methods are now embedded, not new.

- They've had a full Howe led pre-season.

- They were still in Bruce mode for the beginning of the second half of last season and did incredibly well.

- We've added Botman, Pope and Targett is now fully integrated.

- Wilson might stay fit for longer than last year

- Bruno is acclimatised.

- They will very likely add players.

Even if all we succeed in doing this season is a solid mid-table finish and a decent run in the cups, who gives a fuck? Ashley has gone and it's a marathon, not a sprint.

I’d say that’s the minimum expectation here and the points you’ve set out are exactly the reasons why we’ll achieve it, if not more.

We were saying it was a midtable squad when Bruce was here and he was failing by having us circling the bowl. We’ve added some real quality since then.

9 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

You’re missing the point, the point is (as reported by most journalists covering it in January) it took us so long to agree a price that we left a young player in an impossible position on deadline day to make such a big decision. Hence the reasoning given in the statement.

You said my post was pure speculation and then you come up with that nonsense about PSG at the end.

Pure speculation on my behalf, yet there he is at PSG, with them having paid less than the price NUFC agreed.

You don't half talk some shite mind. 

Its likely we're looking at players who can be paid for by installments over the fee upfront. Possibly why we didnt snap Cornet up at 17m, because although I consider that very reasonable for how he performed in his first PL season, I'm pretty sure the release clause would have been the full fee.

Could be why were moving for certain players over others, although in fairness I have no idea, I'm trying to use the Wood transfer as a reason for why were mucking around a little bit.

Just now, UncleBingo said:

Pure speculation on my behalf, yet there he is at PSG, with them having paid less than the price NUFC agreed.

You don't half talk some shite mind. 

Him signing for PSG seven months after we failed to sign him isn’t clear evidence that they had a word in January and told him to “hang on” :lol: 

Otherwise why wouldn’t they have just agreed a price in January, or, immediately as soon as the summer window opened?

What are you basing this on other than your imagination?

A weird one but as this guy is more of a number 10 who can play along the front and is not prolific he is definitely not a Wilson back up. But I think Ramos actually would be a great back up as he seems to know where the goal is. 
I’d love to get both if possible, along with a loan or two. 

33 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Then maybe he needs to have his expectations managed or choose another employer tbh.

Fuck it, let's drop a few hundred million just to keep Bruno happy lads.

Where did I say we should or would do that?

I was just answering your question, he won't hang around long if we're not in Europe. I don't think any of us doubt that.

31 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

A weird one but as this guy is more of a number 10 who can play along the front and is not prolific he is definitely not a Wilson back up. But I think Ramos actually would be a great back up as he seems to know where the goal is. 
I’d love to get both if possible, along with a loan or two. 

We don't need goals from the bench. We have guaranteed Prem goals provider Chris Wood!