João Pedro

The first bid was £20M plus £3M add-ons, according to an earlier Tweet of his? That's a dinky increase if his numbers are accurate, which perhaps points to a bit of confidence on our side.

You'd be surprised to see them accept such a small amount extra, perhaps it's one more bid then done? Not sure we've made three public bids all summer, though!

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

The first bid was £20M plus £3M add-ons, according to an earlier Tweet of his? That's a dinky increase if his numbers are accurate, which perhaps points to a bit of confidence on our side.

You'd be surprised to see them accept such a small amount extra, perhaps it's one more bid then done? Not sure we've made three public bids all summer, though!

It's the maddison shenanigans allover again

Manager saying we are miles away

2 offers and out

Hear fuck all again 😆

1 minute ago, Mansour said:

Do we expect to hear from them later tonight? I really want this deal to go through 😂 

Doubt tonight.

Personally think this bid gets rejected and we push out a final bid and get it done.

Think we won't hear much tonight and then hear stuff from other journalists tomorrow

Think the actual key point in his tweet is it's now pretty much confirmed that Pedro wants the move. Likely explains why it's not a huge increase. Gaming it out, I'd say this bid gets rejected, Pedro's agent rocks the boat a little, then the next bid with a small increase (maybe around 24m + 3m add one) gets accepted. I reckon we will see him holding a shirt by the middle of next week.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Think the actual key point in his tweet is it's now pretty much confirmed that Pedro wants the move. Likely explains why it's not a huge increase. Gaming it out, I'd say this bid gets rejected, Pedro's agent rocks the boat a little, then the next bid with a small increase (maybe around 24m + 3m add one) gets accepted. I reckon we will see him holding a shirt by the middle of next week.

Other tweaks could have also been made to the structure of the deal to make the offer more enticing.

More money upfront, paying the full amount over a shorter period of time etc.

27 minutes ago, Scoot said:

5 million apart, this will get done now like.

Thought that same about Maddison. Like with Forfana, the Sarr to Palace deal makes it more complicated. Hoping we get the breakthrough finally though. 

Weren't they interested in Matty Longstaff at one point? 

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Thought that same about Maddison. Like with Forfana, the Sarr to Palace deal makes it more complicated. Hoping we get the breakthrough finally though. 

Weren't they interested in Matty Longstaff at one point? 

Don't think we were ever within 5m of the Maddison valuation?

I don’t know about that. I’ve never been a fan of picking up players from relegated sides as primary target. 

I’d rather we built on the Bruno and Botman ambitions, cause that’s what we’ll need if we are gonna challenge for something (Europe, Cup win etc).

I’m all for getting talents but not at the expense of ready-made first team players. 

18 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

''So far this season (in his position) he leads the Championship for dribbles, open play clear cut chances created, defensive duels & progressive passes. He’s got great ball striking ability, but his shot selection needs work. Get his decision making right and boyyyyyyy oh boy''

Sounds very promising. Thought he had a shit start to the season? 

8 minutes ago, maze said:

I don’t know about that. I’ve never been a fan of picking up players from relegated sides as primary target. 

I’d rather we built on the Bruno and Botman ambitions, cause that’s what we’ll need if we are gonna challenge for something (Europe, Cup win etc).

I’m all for getting talents but not at the expense of ready-made first team players. 

Craig Bellamy

2 minutes ago, Flip said:

''So far this season (in his position) he leads the Championship for dribbles, open play clear cut chances created, defensive duels & progressive passes. He’s got great ball striking ability, but his shot selection needs work. Get his decision making right and boyyyyyyy oh boy''

Sounds very promising. Thought he had a shit start to the season? 

Some people have the foresight and vision and others just don't, and they just won't get it.

I'm hoping we sign the kid. He looks to be very talented. When he joins and starts getting some game time then the fun will begin.