João Pedro

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

I certainly don’t think I am superior, man. I read this forum a lot, and sometimes engage, but often just observe.  I’ve just been quite irritated with a lot of the negativity and cynicism from some (this cynicism being well documented). But I have totally harped on about it too much, which hasn’t exactly contributed positively. And I am genuinely sorry for that.

I didn't accuse you. Now  who's acting all oppressed.

3 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

:) You kind of did accuse me with the “both of you are as bad as each other” line. But I appreciate the sense in your post.

"Both of you" was a reference to the two teams being discussed.

It's a good example tbh. You thought I was accusing you. 

Edited by Happinesstan

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Anyway, point taken. 

It is the very thing that makes the internet wat it is, a shit-hole. If people were honest enough with themselves they'd acknowledge that there is very little that they know enough about to form an opinion. But everybody can think about anything. 99% of the content online is nothing more than thoughts, it is the viewer who interprets it as opinion.

Just now, Happinesstan said:

It is the very thing that makes the internet wat it is, a shit-hole. If people were honest enough with themselves they'd acknowledge that there is very little that they know enough about to form an opinion. But everybody can think about anything. 99% of the content online is nothing more than thoughts, it is the viewer who interprets it as opinion.

Is the 99% figure a thought or an opinion?

3 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Love his ambiguous wording. “Confidence among some” is the new “people are saying”, which was the new “I am gong to pull something out of my ass but hedge it a bit.”

Most likely his agent.

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I see what you're saying but that's not where Vinny is really coming from.

The issue is really how the constant complaining in much the same manner and daily ... essentially makes the thread painful to navigate.

But like I said already. It's just the nature of the beast. Best to just quickly look over those type of posts and not bother engaging. It doesn't lead to any kind of decent discussion anyway and just actually makes things more tedious.

He used the word opinion 3 times mind. Safety smiley.

But yeah. Complaining, Complaining about complaining, complaining about complaining about complaining...

Opinion basically means the same thing as thought. Neither are necessarily knowledge or fact based. Makes more sense to contrast both with overly firm beliefs being espoused as facts.

Fuck me, what am I typing this for. Just get the lad signed already. 

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

seems like this will happen. Watford will be getting a good fee for someone who is still pretty raw, I think they will be happy enough if it gets to around £25m which is certainly more than anyone else will pay.

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Opinion basically means the same thing as thought. Neither are necessarily knowledge or fact based. Makes more sense to contrast both with overly firm beliefs being espoused as facts.

Fuck me, what am I typing this for. Just get the lad signed already. 

It doesn't. A thought is transient. It is very simple to affect people's thoughts, if that is your aim.