João Pedro

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

Does make me laugh how people seem to twist things up suit their view. Mitrovic gets slaughtered on here for scoring 9 goals in the PL aged 20/21 yet you can just bet it’s the same ones saying JP is only 20 when his PL goal record of 3 goals is mentioned :lol:

Can you? :lol:

You're literally just twisting things to suit your view like. Mitrovic also played for Fulham in the prem at a later age which will effect people's view of him.

Harshly judging a 20 year olds record is obviously silly either way.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Can you? :lol:

You're literally just twisting things to suit your view like. Mitrovic also played for Fulham in the prem at a later age which will effect people's view of him.

Harshly judging a 20 year olds record is obviously silly either way.

If I was sad enough I’d look but I’m not but I do vaguely remember.

it’s not silly when we need goals If Wilson gets injured which is the point of the signing 

Edited by gdm

But even so Motrovic has had another 3 seasons or so to be judged on in the Premiership, Pedro is still 20.

I've always really liked Mitro but I don't see how anyones opinions on him are relevant here?

Plenty of examples of players 20/21 scoring nowt then suddenly hitting 10-15 in a breakthrough season.

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

But even so Motrovic has had another 3 seasons or so to be judged on in the Premiership, Pedro is still 20.

I've always really liked Mitro but I don't see how anyones opinions on him are relevant here?

Plenty of examples of players 20/21 scoring nowt then suddenly hitting 10-15 in a breakthrough season.

Im talking about around the time he left. Not currently. IIRC few people were sad to see him go with lots of ‘can’t score in the premier league’ comments

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

If this guy only plays as a CF, why are bidding for him and Ramos (also only really a CF) at the same time?
Based on the proviso that the English club bidding for Ramos is us, of course..

Ramos could well have been rejected and we don’t know 

Guest reefatoon

Because we are so amateurish, we have no plan, we just keep low balling for rubbish players that are like Wood, when we should be signing loads of players. This has been the worst transfer window EVER. I am so fed up and sick of it all, just wish it was over. 

image.gif.a72dc61230cd62c2c26e5b9bdc7bf44b.gif

11 minutes ago, Lotus said:

If this guy only plays as a CF, why are bidding for him and Ramos (also only really a CF) at the same time?
Based on the proviso that the English club bidding for Ramos is us, of course..

Doing a Chelsea, hedging our bets. Not mad at it considering where we are in the window.

24 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Because we are so amateurish, we have no plan, we just keep low balling for rubbish players that are like Wood, when we should be signing loads of players. This has been the worst transfer window EVER. I am so fed up and sick of it all, just wish it was over. 

image.gif.a72dc61230cd62c2c26e5b9bdc7bf44b.gif

I mean I know you are obviously being sarcastic but you are just coming across more stroppy than the people you are bitching about just because they don’t like a player we are linked with :lol:  

Edited by gdm

40 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Or you're putting words in people's mouths to suit your own agenda? I really liked Mitrovic and wish we'd kept him because the potential was obvious to me. I think the same about Pedro... there's a tonne of potential there.

It should be obvious that he's not talking about you then. .

Just now, The Prophet said:

Chelsea and Forest have been doing it all transfer window.

Help me out here, which players have Chelsea had confirmed bids for, same players at the same time? Not ‘links’ actual confirmed bids.
Not trying to start a row, genuinely wondering.

Reason I’m discounting links is because it’s clearly bollox over 99% of the time so useless as any kind of data.

1 minute ago, Slim said:

Remember when people said they were happy with ANYTHING! other than Ashley.  Didn't last long.

Who’s not happy with the way the club is being run? 

I mean I do get people wanting us to make great signings and being disappointed if we don't, I just don't see where people are coming from with their disappointment of Joao Pedro, other than his goal record at a young age I cannot see what they're basing their disappointment off?

The fact we didn't go for Dennis or Cornet despite their relatively low fees should be a decent indicator that anyone we are going for is a very high target we'll know a lot about. 

Just now, Lotus said:

Help me out here, which players have Chelsea had confirmed bids for, same players at the same time? Not ‘links’ actual confirmed bids.
Not trying to start a row, genuinely wondering.

Reason I’m discounting links is because it’s clearly bollox over 99% of the time so useless as any kind of data.

Raphinha 

De Jong

Kounde 

Ake 

Kimpembe

There might be others too.

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

I mean I do get people wanting us to make great signings and being disappointed if we don't, I just don't see where people are coming from with their disappointment of Joao Pedro, other than his goal record at a young age I cannot see what they're basing their disappointment off?

The fact we didn't go for Dennis or Cornet despite their relatively low fees should be a decent indicator that anyone we are going for is a very high target we'll know a lot about. 

Think it’s just people not rating him highly when they have seen him play ? 

Just now, Slim said:

Remember when people said they were happy with ANYTHING! other than Ashley.  Didn't last long.

As another poster said before, some people are being blinded by the romance of the takeover.

I’m sure everyone is happy with AS and MG and the direction of the club.

I know I am. It’s chalk and cheese. I’m totally into football again.

Doesn’t mean the new team are incapable of making a misstep though.

And while that’s easy to agree with ‘in theory’ peeps can be unwilling to actually call out a fuck up for what it is seen as going against the crowd.

Pope - good

Burn - good

Trippier - good (since injury, very good before)

Targett - good

Bruno - very good
Wood - awful

rest of forwards recruitment strategy - appears disjointed and puzzling