João Pedro

5 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

*tin hat ready* I can actually see him playing off Callum Wilson on the left possibly replacing Maxi. I think Eddie is becoming more fed up with his final ball and has for a long time. Tons of ability, but those final balls are crucial.

….just a thought…!  

Nah, not this season anyway 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, Flip said:

Is Almirons final ball better than Maxi's? 

Both of them would rather have a shot on goal. I think both Miggy and Maxi can play a part, but we need better service and quality in that area either side of Wilson. 

28 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

*tin hat ready* I can actually see him playing off Callum Wilson on the left possibly replacing Maxi. I think Eddie is becoming more fed up with his final ball and has for a long time. Tons of ability, but those final balls are crucial.

….just a thought…!  

I watched a hghlights video of this lad, and tbh his final ball didn't look any better.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

A thread before a bid has even been accepted. This one definitely not happening now. Half the forum will be pleased so we can focus on the imaginary links to a Brazilian Lyon player.

Tete?

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

I watched a hghlights video of this lad, and tbh his final ball didn't look any better.

I’m honestly not seeing what the people bigging him up are seeing. Just looks very average but he appears to be the one we want or at least the one we are now down to on our list. 

19 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’m honestly not seeing what the people bigging him up are seeing. Just looks very average but he appears to be the one we want or at least the one we are now down to on our list. 

He does show some lovely feet at times, but a lot of those moves seem to go nowhere. He's only 20 though, and he's a powerful looking lad. I am guessing our scouts and the Watford fans must have seen a lot more than we have, and they seem to rate him. Personally I'm getting Joelinton vibes after watching the video. :lol:

If this is genuine, why didn’t we bid for him when Etikite went to PSG?
if he was a real and pre planned target, why is it taking until now?
Theres something seemingly amiss with our strategy regarding the recruitment of forwards.

We can all have lots of faith but if I just look at the evidence, we’ve signed Chris Wood (who was a waste of money and I can’t think of it as anything else) and apart from that,  nothing. Unlucky with Etikite, Under bid for Maddison (ludicrously so), and now have a bid turned down for this nipper.

I can’t make a pattern out of the bids (I’m ignoring the rumours and twitter ‘links’).

I would reckon one of Ashworth’s major jobs is to find a good head of recruitment. 

2 minutes ago, Lotus said:

If this is genuine, why didn’t we bid for him when Etikite went to PSG?
if he was a real and pre planned target, why is it taking until now?
Theres something seemingly amiss with our strategy regarding the recruitment of forwards.

We can all have lots of faith but if I just look at the evidence, we’ve signed Chris Wood (who was a waste of money and I can’t think of it as anything else) and apart from that,  nothing. Unlucky with Etikite, Under bid for Maddison (ludicrously so), and now have a bid turned down for this nipper.

I can’t make a pattern out of the bids (I’m ignoring the rumours and twitter ‘links’).

I would reckon one of Ashworth’s major jobs is to find a good head of recruitment. 

If we hadn’t of signed Chris Wood, we would have been relegated. But, aye, “waste of money”.

As fucking always, this place is bi-polar when the truth is actually that he’s a pretty decent player. Not a world beater (yet), but nowhere near as bad as some posters are making out.

Very similar to Ekitike, and still only 20. Think personally, for around £20m, he’d be a good solid addition to add competition across the front line.

But I would still hope to see another player (ideally RW or AM) come in too.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

As fucking always, this place is bi-polar when the truth is actually that he’s a pretty decent player. Not a world beater (yet), but nowhere near as bad as some posters are making out.

Very similar to Ekitike, and still only 20. Think personally, for around £20m, he’d be a good solid addition to add competition across the front line.

But I would still hope to see another player (ideally RW or AM) come in too.

This.

Whether or not we can conclude the deal is a big question though, we seemingly continue to struggle to do business.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

9 minutes ago, SteV said:

If we hadn’t of signed Chris Wood, we would have been relegated. But, aye, “waste of money”.

We could’ve got any cunt to run and around and press and offer nothing in front of goal or link up play from any number of leagues around the world for considerably less than £25M.

You don’t need premier league experience to be shit in the opponents half (when we have the ball, he is good when we don’t).

Just now, Lotus said:

We could’ve got any cunt to run and around and press and offer nothing in front of goal or link up play from any number of leagues around the world for considerably less than £25M.

You don’t need premier league experience to be shit in the opponents half (when we have the ball, he is good when we don’t).

Just getting ‘any cunt for less than £25m’ lands you with Emmanuel Riviere. 

18 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

As fucking always, this place is bi-polar when the truth is actually that he’s a pretty decent player

In your opinion. People are allowed a different opinion. It’s not that difficult to understand