Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

:lol: I don't think anybody actually hates the US here. Although I admit I haven't been looking as hard.

oldtype, you live here. you know the country that affords you the opportunity that will make your life pretty f***ing brilliant from now till you die? show some respect :thup:

I'm going to quote this when I have to leave because they won't reissue my work visa in seven years time. :lol:

:lol: smart dude talks shit about our country, prob should kick this dude out - not even a citizen yet.

We've got to keep working on making soccer a viable choice for talented kids when they're at the pivotal point of deciding where to concentrate their talents. Keeping MLS in good shape is pretty critical in that. I think we'll keep moving in the right direction. We've got a super-deep pool of talent to draw from.

As a Skins fan, join me in my quest to get the NFL abolished. Then we'll take over.

:lol: We're not going quietly, we're going to blow up the fucking machine.

We've got to keep working on making soccer a viable choice for talented kids when they're at the pivotal point of deciding where to concentrate their talents. Keeping MLS in good shape is pretty critical in that. I think we'll keep moving in the right direction. We've got a super-deep pool of talent to draw from.

As a Skins fan, join me in my quest to get the NFL abolished. Then we'll take over.

:lol: We're not going quietly, we're going to blow up the fucking machine.

:lol: Take away the NFL and we're shit hot, plus how calm would Winter be?

the US is the only country in the world where a statement like Kaizero's is meant with embrace and joy.

Welcome you with open arms brother.

:aww:

Wish you could just show up in New York like the old days and basically become American. Now you need to have work visas and shit, such a struggle with my professional field (media) to get in when I'm on the wrong side of the cameras. :lol:

Over the years it has been incredibly rare that I would want any player from the USMNT to play for NUFC. Donovan, Dempsey... Friedel. That is about it. But its has finally happened. The USMNT has massively improved and NUFC have been on the massive decline. Now, f*ck, I'd have Yedlin (especially if we sell Deboosh), Green (not that he'd leave Bayern), even fucking Kyle Beckerman... that last one depresses me.

the US is the only country in the world where a statement like Kaizero's is meant with embrace and joy.

We wouldn't take Kaizero here in Australia unless he voted for the Christian Unity Party, or was part of the hard right faction in the Progress Party these days :(

What a waste of what would be a spectacular immigrant.

Over the years it has been incredibly rare that I would want any player from the USMNT to play for NUFC. Donovan, Dempsey... Friedel. That is about it. But its has finally happened. The USMNT has massively improved and NUFC have been on the massive decline. Now, f*ck, I'd have Yedlin (especially if we sell Deboosh), Green (not that he'd leave Bayern), even f***ing Kyle Beckerman... that last one depresses me.

I can't say no to a man with dreadlocks...

Guest palnese

Michael Bradley, man. What a machine.

I've been really impressed with him this WC.

Such a shame he left Europe before entering his prime.

The heart of the American team is something else. Would love to see them progress and become a major force in International football. There's something very decent to build on there.

Man, the day I finally manage to move to the US will be the best day in my life. f*** the haters.

Same here man, it's been a mission of mine over the last few years to get out there. I run a small Audiology clinic and a friend of mine is trying to help me buy a small dispensary in Santa Barbara, California. Over here in London/South East UK taxation for small businesses is disgusting so I basically earn fuck all money (have made significant losses over the last 6/7 months), over in the US the taxation on small businesses is miniscule compared to here and the client pool is much larger. Plus with the changing sentiment in this country regarding anyone who's not an Anglo-Saxon Celt (rise of UKIP, Britain First, BNP, EDL etc...I've even had a patient tell me that I'm taking jobs and money away from the 'indigenous' people even though I've spent the large majority of my 25 years in the UK, studying, working hard, paying insane amounts of taxes and sporting a heavy English accent) it feels less and less welcoming. The US is an incredibly diverse and positive (for the most part) country and I certainly don't think the indigenous Mexicans would tell me to fuck off  :lol: (joke)

(sorry 'bout the life story haha but feeling the US love right now)  :D

:aww:

Wish you could just show up in New York like the old days and basically become American. Now you need to have work visas and s***, such a struggle with my professional field (media) to get in when I'm on the wrong side of the cameras. :lol:

Wish you could just trade citizenships with someone who wants to live in your country. One in, one out; then nobody complains about overpopulation.

Still pretty disappointed. Not as much as I was after the Portugal game, but it still sucks to be out.

I don't know how anyone could be anything but proud after that ET performance. Belgium were the better team for 110 minutes and yet there was still a very real possibility of taking it to penalties. Hope they get sodomized by Argentina.

Completely over the "Nyah, nyah, talent beats heart yet again." It's not accurate in the slightest. This is a very talented team capable of playing real soccer. They didn't get to this point because they're a pack of plucky go-getters. They got here because of defensive discipline, solid counter-attacking, and front-foot football (at times). All without having a target striker since the 20th minute of the first match.

Tip o' the cap to Lukaku. Tremendous player who just needs to get his head out of his ass sometimes. Pure brute strength, but great technique to go with it. NUFC are fucking idiots for not getting this guy on loan.

Tremendous performance from Tim Howard. He's been stellar the entire tournament and particularly so yesterday. Everton have to be pleased, because he's only getting better as he ages.

I was super impressed by Yedlin. How fucking fast is this kid? Such a confident young player, burning past Belgium's midfield and taking on Vertonghen head-on. Needs a year of 1-on-1 time with Cherundolo to work on his defensive game, but he's a Premier League-quality right back in 3 years.

And Green...only got a few minutes, but the kid oozes talent. Might be as fast as Yedlin and have even better technique. Sneaky little play by Klinsmann to get him cap-tied in the dying minutes of the World Cup, and then he seals it with that volley. Going to be so much fun watching him play for us over the years.

A big shout-out to MLS. Matt Besler, Kyle Beckerman, and Omar Gonzalez all had outstanding tournaments and played key roles in this team. Zusi put in a decent shift in midfield and delivered a perfect cross to Brooks against Ghana. The potential CB combo of Gonzalez-Brooks looks tasty. Wondo should've finished that chance yesterday, but he looked lively when brought on late.

Bradley was the most disappointing player, but we wouldn't have made it through the group stages without him. Full on sprinting box-to-box for all 4 matches, breaking up plays and starting counters. He's not an attacking midfielder at this level, but that volley over the top to a Green shows he can pick out a pass. Hopefully Diskerud/Corona/Gil develop into that creative AM player, because Michael Bradley sitting as a deep-lying playmaker is a tremendous player.

Also, anyone who calls Beasley shit can go fuck themselves. He was incredible, got forward with the best of 'em and held his own defensively. Smart player who deserved his 4th World Cup.

Also, I watched this in a Buffalo Wild Wings in rural Pennsylvania. Completely packed house, standing-room only. Heard lots of intelligent soccer talk...and no erstwhile chanting! So great to see such awesome support.

Two top posts Deuce - not a thing I wouldn't disagree with.

The sport is taking off in this country to another level. I'm glad and proud of that.

Our team has the man leading it and the right type of talent coming through - future is bright. Roll on Copa America in 2 years.

Two top posts Deuce - not a thing I wouldn't disagree with.

The sport is taking off in this country to another level. I'm glad and proud of that.

Our team has the man leading it and the right type of talent coming through - future is bright. Roll on Copa America in 2 years.

:sweetjesus: how good is that gonna be? Hosted by us no less! :fwap:

Michael Bradley, man. What a machine.

I've been really impressed with him this WC.

Such a shame he left Europe before entering his prime.

The heart of the American team is something else. Would love to see them progress and become a major force in International football. There's something very decent to build on there.

He was pretty woeful iyam. Not sure if it was being put in the #10 position, or just being a bottler. Either way, his first touch was generally terrible all tournament.

The only time he played well was when Wondo came on yesterday and he got to drop into a more central midfield position.

Guest palnese

I agree. He looked much better in a deeper role. He must have covered more ground testerday than Neuer vs Algeria.

I just really like him as a player. Box-to-box, full of energy and has an eye for a pass.

Thnk he could've been a valuable player for most teams in England.

Still pretty disappointed. Not as much as I was after the Portugal game, but it still sucks to be out.

I don't know how anyone could be anything but proud after that ET performance. Belgium were the better team for 110 minutes and yet there was still a very real possibility of taking it to penalties. Hope they get sodomized by Argentina.

Completely over the "Nyah, nyah, talent beats heart yet again." It's not accurate in the slightest. This is a very talented team capable of playing real soccer. They didn't get to this point because they're a pack of plucky go-getters. They got here because of defensive discipline, solid counter-attacking, and front-foot football (at times). All without having a target striker since the 20th minute of the first match.

Tip o' the cap to Lukaku. Tremendous player who just needs to get his head out of his ass sometimes. Pure brute strength, but great technique to go with it. NUFC are fucking idiots for not getting this guy on loan.

Tremendous performance from Tim Howard. He's been stellar the entire tournament and particularly so yesterday. Everton have to be pleased, because he's only getting better as he ages.

I was super impressed by Yedlin. How fucking fast is this kid? Such a confident young player, burning past Belgium's midfield and taking on Vertonghen head-on. Needs a year of 1-on-1 time with Cherundolo to work on his defensive game, but he's a Premier League-quality right back in 3 years.

And Green...only got a few minutes, but the kid oozes talent. Might be as fast as Yedlin and have even better technique. Sneaky little play by Klinsmann to get him cap-tied in the dying minutes of the World Cup, and then he seals it with that volley. Going to be so much fun watching him play for us over the years.

A big shout-out to MLS. Matt Besler, Kyle Beckerman, and Omar Gonzalez all had outstanding tournaments and played key roles in this team. Zusi put in a decent shift in midfield and delivered a perfect cross to Brooks against Ghana. The potential CB combo of Gonzalez-Brooks looks tasty. Wondo should've finished that chance yesterday, but he looked lively when brought on late.

Bradley was the most disappointing player, but we wouldn't have made it through the group stages without him. Full on sprinting box-to-box for all 4 matches, breaking up plays and starting counters. He's not an attacking midfielder at this level, but that volley over the top to a Green shows he can pick out a pass. Hopefully Diskerud/Corona/Gil develop into that creative AM player, because Michael Bradley sitting as a deep-lying playmaker is a tremendous player.

Also, anyone who calls Beasley shit can go fuck themselves. He was incredible, got forward with the best of 'em and held his own defensively. Smart player who deserved his 4th World Cup.

Why? Sour grapes?