Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

Haven't heard that many positives about him from club level, couldn't even cut it at Gent. But he has looked impressive virtually every time I've seen him for the US, maybe we're just not used to midfielders with any kind of technique.

Apparently Gatt got hurt yesterday during the Molde game, would be a huge blow if he missed.

You have to imagine Donovan has put to rest any doubts that he'll be starting for the A-side soon enough.

Howard                       

Cameron        Besler

Evans                                      F. Johnson

Jones

Bradley

Dempsey

Zusi                                Donovan

Altidore 

Is probably my first choice line-up at the moment. Love the potential of that left side, as Donovan loves to cut inside and Johnson loves to get forward, so we'll have a goal-scoring threat in Donovan and Altidore will still be able to receive service from an overlapping Johnson.

Only question marks at this point are RB and CB. Evans will do for now, and I think Cameron is a bit stronger than Gonzalez at this point.       

You have to imagine Donovan has put to rest any doubts that he'll be starting for the A-side soon enough.

Howard                       

Cameron        Besler

Evans                                      F. Johnson

Jones

Bradley

Dempsey

Zusi                                Donovan

Altidore 

Is probably my first choice line-up at the moment. Love the potential of that left side, as Donovan loves to cut inside and Johnson loves to get forward, so we'll have a goal-scoring threat in Donovan and Altidore will still be able to receive service from an overlapping Johnson.

Only question marks at this point are RB and CB. Evans will do for now, and I think Cameron is a bit stronger than Gonzalez at this point.       

Holden has to be in there somewhere.  Would like him in favor of Jones but that might leave things a bit unbalanced.  Cherundolo should be back for the World Cup as well, correct?  I'm also a bit partial to the idea of having a front 3 of Altidore, Donovan, and Dempsey, with Dempsey on the right.  Didn't he play there some for Spurs this year?

Canada was so bad, they were lucky to only lose by one. (great goal by Martinique too, like Tiote vs Arsenal)

No idea what's wrong with Mexico.. Surprised the coach hasn't been fired yet, the fans were all over him.

How much better would Canada be if they weren't snubbed by their best players? Could've had Asmir Begovic (Canadian U-20), Jonathan de Guzman, and Junior Hoilett in recent years (though Hoilett could still play for them).