Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz1XhaBT45I

:lol: :lol:

"We luv u forreva and eva!"

I don't speak Spanish but according to a commenter on Deadspin, this was the translation:

"GOOOOAAAAAAL The US of A PUTS us in the playoffs!!!!!" USA!

"It is because of the USA that we are being placed in the playoff ...BECAUSE OF THEM , NOT DUE TO YOU..NOT ANY OF YOU in the green shirts ....IT WAS THEM!!.NOT YOU!..THEY DID IT!!!!!NOT YOU! remember this forever..... KEEP THIS CLEARLY IN MIND FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES! You do NOTHING for the shirt, you do NOT put the effort, you have NOTplaced us in the playoffs , you HAVE NOT placed us in the WORLD CUP ..YOU WOULD NOT HAVE KEPT US ALIVE....IT WAS ESTADOS UNIDOS, NOT YOU.! .NOT YOU AND YOUR ARROGANCE/CONCEIT.....NOT YOU AND YOUR INFAMY....NOT YOU AND YOUR MORONS/PUNKS....

"IT IS A FAILURE.....and UNDESERVED -to go through to the playoff- WE HAD NO ARGUMENTS to earn the playoffs, THE USA, WITH SUBS , WITH MANY SUBS as the visiting team shows us once again what the USA is all about ....how to play the game with dignity, how to approach the sport..Mexico is a horror, just terrible....A FAILURE....

THE USA HAS SURPASSED US ..They are better than Mexico in SOCCER ....THEY EVEN HAVE THE LUXURY OF PLAYING THEIR SUBS and KEEPING US LIVE.... I hope our coach wears the pants and resigns..He has failed as coach...."

Ouch.

That is correct, they left out a juicy bit at the end though.

"He isn't working out as national team manager. We need somebody with pants that takes the European based players out of the team. The European's DON'T EXIST in this team."

Anybody expecting us to beat the Mexicans is going to be very disappointed. We might, might score a goal in Wellington. But at the Azteca, it'll be a slaughter. Our form has been absolute garbage and other than Reid our defence is non-existent.

Actually kind of gutted when I saw the US score the winner.

Isn't NZ master at grinding out 0-0s ?

I think if your lot avoid conceding early at Azteca, you may be able to frustrate them. Mexico seem very vulnerable to set pieces and I think NZ can pick them out on that. But then, I'm just being optimistic and rooting for NZ, because I have a lot of Kiwi mates. Anyways, all the best !!

as for Panama, they are spineless. You are 2-1 up, 2 minutes to go...all good. and yet their coach leaves 4 players in US half when US are attacking. Fuck that man !! park the bus and see the game out. I can't believe how open Panama were after going up 2-1. Bosnia played it fantastically after going 1-0 up. just stopped being ambitious and shut the shop. Panama on the other hand, were still going through motions. Manager to blame for me.

We are in a similar position to Australia after 2006, had our breakout moment in a World Cup on the back of a golden generation of hardened veterans who were at the peak of their careers.  Now they are all either retired or 18 months past their use by date.

Couldn't even get past Tahiti and missed out on the Confederations Cup last year because of it.

Will Packwood moving from Birmingham to Bristol Rovers on loan.

Brek Shea to be sent-off on loan to a Championship club.

Both good moves, neither is getting playing time at their respective clubs.

Bild are saying Klinsmann's called Julian Green up for the November friendlies. He apparently hasn't decided, but if he says yes it'll be a one-time switch and he'll be officially a US player.

Edit: Apparently the Bild article mentions a source saying he accepted, and on twitter his dad confirmed there is at least a callup. If he makes the switch, that's pretty remarkable. About 5-10 other dual nationality players we'll have to work on now.

• 2 weeks later...

Call-ups for the upcoming friendlies in Scotland ( :yao: ) and Austria:

Goalkeepers (3): Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Tim Howard (Everton), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire)

Defenders (7): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest), Michael Orozco (Puebla)

Midfielders (7): Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Roma), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Brek Shea (Stoke City)

Forwards (6): Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar), Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders FC), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

I'd like to see Lichaj get the start at RB. He's been playing well for Forest this season.

Howard

Cameron Gonzalez Orozco Lichaj

Bradley Diskerud Jones Klijestan

Dempsey Johansson

tbh

(not in that exact formation, couldn't be arsed sorting it.)

Not bad. I'm not really sure what Klinsmann will do. I'd like to see Lichaj given a run-out at RB, Cameron at CB, and playing time for Boyd and ArJo.