Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

Ah man I fucking hate that place though.  I was thinking of something even more off the wall than that (like Johnny's Fillin' Station).  I'm in talks with my boys to find a place.  Maybe Finnhenry's is where it's at though (Celt is going to be so insane).  I'll text you, because we definitely should hang out.

Ah man I f***ing hate that place though.  I was thinking of something even more off the wall than that (like Johnny's Fillin' Station).  I'm in talks with my boys to find a place.  Maybe Finnhenry's is where it's at though (Celt is going to be so insane).  I'll text you, because we definitely should hang out.

Don't know why you'd go to obscure place - there is less chance of atmosphere and more chance of a bunch of tv's NOT on the USA game.

Ah man I f***ing hate that place though.  I was thinking of something even more off the wall than that (like Johnny's Fillin' Station).  I'm in talks with my boys to find a place.  Maybe Finnhenry's is where it's at though (Celt is going to be so insane).  I'll text you, because we definitely should hang out.

Don't know why you'd go to obscure place - there is less chance of atmosphere and more chance of a bunch of tv's NOT on the USA game.

I want to find a place with a good balance.  Even the obscure places this year have been crazy though too (Miller's Fieldhouse in Doctor Phillips has been standing room only for every match this season for instance).  I like a good atmosphere but not when it's full of dudebros who follow soccer once every four years, which is what most of downtown is full of unfortunately.  I need to find a place that has the best balance between being full but not douchey. :cool:

Finnhenry's seems like a good shout though.  It might a good place where it'll be full but not totally packed out, especially with the Wall Street watch party next door, taking away most of the dudes who are more concerned about partying than watching the match.

Since the US is the second country where I have lived the longest, now I'm forced to live the WC vicariously through you lot.

:lol: You can fuck off. You're fucking cursed.

Will be getting in just in time for most of your game tomorrow, Americans. Actually think it'll be a decent watch, looked good in pre-tourney friendlies.

Just posting that to put the curse on and ensure a Ghana win. :thup:

From The Onion - "Breaking Down The US World Cup Roster":

- Clint Dempsey (Forward, Team Captain): Like several other players on the team with dual citizenship, Dempsey has chosen to play for the United States rather than his native country of Texas

- Michael Bradley (Midfielder): The highly rated midfielder is key to the U.S. progressing past the group stage in the minds of many delusional fans

- Omar Gonzalez (Defender): One of the most talented young stars in the MLS, Gonzalez can give the team the spark it needs to lose in a slightly less humiliating fashion

- Brad Davis (Midfielder): One of the first 10 Brad Davises who appears when you Google “Brad Davis”

- Kyle Beckerman (Midfielder): Has dreadlocks. That’s it. That’s the identity he’s chosen for himself.

- Chris Wondolowski (Forward): Possesses the ability to move his legs and the willingness to play up front, both of which are crucial components of becoming a successful U.S. national team striker

- DeAndre Yedlin (Defender): A controversial choice for the final 23-man roster, critics allege the inexperienced Yedlin only made the U.S. squad due to his owning the team’s sole soccer ball

- Julian Green (Midfielder): At just 18 years of age, Green still has a fighting chance to do something else with his life

- Tim Howard (Goalkeeper): The veteran goalkeeper relies on his quick reflexes and agility to get U.S. fans’ hopes up

- Connor Huntsman (Midfielder): Isn’t a real soccer player. This name was made up, but there’s no way you would have known that.

- Jozy Altidore (Forward): Based on his scoring record for English club team Sunderland last season, is on pace to score a goal sometime during the 2030 World Cup

- Landon Donovan (Forward): Quite possibly the greatest American soccer player of all time and just the veteran presence this U.S. team needs to hold their own in Brazil