Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

Congrats, Huge win. Lozano should be suspended, two games in a row he has play acted his way into getting the opposition player sent off. 

Man they are going to be pissed going into Tuesday.

Canada with a US style win ugly vs Costa Rica. Had honduras not fucked us over by letting a 2 goal lead slip to a loss, I'd be ecstatic today!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Coverage in America of the PL has slowly gotten so bad, with this move to Peacock and then cable coverage moving to USA Network (and closing down of NBCSports) being such a huge nail in the coffin.

Three fixtures today and not one on cable. No pre-show, nothing. We used to be able to brag because every match was on live (without having to have a Peacock subscription).

Can't wait for YouTube or Amazon or whoever it was that won the bid to take over.

Edited by cubaricho

4 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Coverage in America of the PL has slowly gotten so bad, with this move to Peacock and then cable coverage moving to USA Network (and closing down of NBCSports) being such a huge nail in the coffin.

Three fixtures today and not one on cable. No pre-show, nothing. We used to be able to brag because every match was on live (without having to have a Peacock subscription).

Can't wait for YouTube or Amazon or whoever it was that won the bid to take over.

I have Peacock so its not to bad for me but yeah, I remember when NBC showed every EPL game a few years ago.  Of course, that was only a hook for the NBCSN subscription service which failed miserably.  Do you have ESPN+?  Thats been coming on strong with Bundesliga and FA cup coverage.

13 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I have  Peacock, NBC side channels as well as ESSPN+ for English Championship games so I can watch almost every game if I want.

Gonna have Liverpool-Leeds on in the background although the Watford match could be more important.

The options are definitely out there (I have Peacock and Hulu (which includes ESPN+)) but it just feels like you have to piecemeal so many things together to watch these days. It used to all just be on cable and available to everyone with a good pre-show. 

It seems like NBC is about to lose a ton of ground to CBS/Paramount because they’re making the focus move to CL football (which does absolutely nothing for me since there are way too many matches for me to ever give a shit). But they’re making it very easy to watch the CL and it feels like NBC is just making it harder to watch the PL than ever. 

2 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Yup, it's particularly bad for growing new fans. PL gave the next round to NBC again too, so it's Peacock for a while now. You're lucky if a game is a minute behind, it's awful.

Also this. Peacock is like 90 seconds behind. Ridiculous standard. 

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

NBC lost the rights? Get in. They shit the bed after an incredible start. Mental that no games are on today.

15 hours of Law and Order too important to show a fucking game.

Would prefer the Meacam Auto Show ffs. :lol: