Alexander Isak

Disco

2 hours ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Tomorrow night has Isak written all over it IMO.  He will start for sure.

Front three of either:

Isak | Wilson | Gordon
Barnes | Isak | Gordon

I think he may go Gordon/Isak/miggy

But I would love to see Isak | Wilson | Gordon

Edited by Bally21

11 hours ago, KaKa said:

What on Earth are you on about?

He's had a fantastic first season and helped the club do the same.

What is going so badly that has to change like you said, in order for him to stay.

This is so weird.

We’re not getting anywhere near the best out of him. It’s not that difficult to comprehend.

36 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

We’re not getting anywhere near the best out of him. It’s not that difficult to comprehend.

Are you serious? :lol:

How have you come to that conclusion based on what he's shown so far compared to the rest of his career?

After last season everyone was raving about how well Isak had done and how good he looked, both our fans and others alike.

Now a few games in and things have to change or he will be off.

Kind of embarrassing really, and pretty ridiculous.

19 minutes ago, KaKa said:

After last season everyone was raving about how well Isak had done and how good he looked, both our fans and others alike.

Now a few games in and things have to change or he will be off.

Kind of embarrassing really, and pretty ridiculous.

You’re the only one saying that though. :lol: 

We’re just saying the team needs to built around him going forward - plenty of other CL teams would be willing to, and love to, do that - very far from “things have to change or he’s off”.

He’ll be that good. 

Edited by cubaricho

6 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

You’re the only one saying that though. :lol: 

We’re just saying the team needs to built around him going forward - plenty of other CL teams would be willing to, and love to, do that - very far from “things have to change or he’s off”.

He’ll be that good. 

If you had been bothered to read back that was exactly what Ronaldo said.My goodness man!

And we are building around him already so no idea why you'd say that we 'need' to do that.

Edited by KaKa

On 17/09/2023 at 13:29, Ronaldo said:

I’m sure that’s tripe but realistically things are going to have to change quite a bit if we’re going to hold onto him. 

@cubaricho

Just seen you even liked the post and you're claiming no one said it! :lol:

Edited by KaKa

:lol: I had a whole post typed up about how what he said and what’s you’re saying are different but can’t even be bothered to post it, let alone take part in the debate that would ensue. 

You’re right. As always. Never change Kaka. 

Edited by cubaricho

It's not a big deal man.

Just have no idea why you'd say no one said that, as if I was just making stuff up.

Isak had a very good first season. I'm pretty sure he'll be even better this year. However he is going to be rotated with Wilson as both are good enough to start, but more importantly had injury problems last season, so it makes sense.

Seems a few tough games and him being rotated has people saying we aren't building around him or getting the best of him, which is incredibly reactionary.

Edited by KaKa

Nowhere near as bad as people are saying, Milan marked him brilliantly and forced him to come very deep to even get the ball.

We just don't have a creative bone in our midfield either, which doesn't help.

Howe leaving him on 15 minutes too long makes him look even worse, he was dead on his feet.

Just now, Aiston said:

Nowhere near as bad as people are saying, Milan marked him brilliantly and forced him to come very deep to even get the ball.

We just don't have a creative bone in our midfield either, which doesn't help.

Howe leaving him on 15 minutes too long makes him look even worse, he was dead on his feet.

He was an absolute liability in the last 15 and I don’t think he can blame fatigue when he didn’t start at the weekend.

Since the Aston Villa game this year, he's just been plastered with man marking when we're in possession, having to drop to our defensive third to get the ball. Definitely missing someone to link up with higher up the pitch.

Think maybe we should try playing Isak just off Wilson.

1 minute ago, Beren said:

Since the Aston Villa game this year, he's just been plastered with man marking when we're in possession, having to drop to our defensive third to get the ball. Definitely missing someone to link up with higher up the pitch.

Think maybe we should try playing Isak just off Wilson.

He’s suffering massively from our dysfunctional midfield, the gulf left by Wilock is huge.