Alexander Isak: Nominated for PL POTY & YPOTY

Disco

Out of all the players we have he’s the one who could become elite , he should always be playing if he’s fit Β as should Wilson, still yet to hear a convincing argument as to why they can’t both be on the pitch at the same time .

One of the things I’ve noticed over the last few months is that Wilson is very good at leading the press. He pretty much always plays with 100% intensity.

Β 

Don’t take this as some massive criticism or owt, but sometimes Isak doesn’t and you can tell it’s not a natural part of his game at times. One of the biggest changes yesterday was that he came out for the second half and ran himself into the ground chasing and pressing like Wilson does. It really sets the tone for the rest of the team when the forwards press like him and Gordon did second half. If he can get fitter and start doing that over 60-90 minutes his game will be pretty much complete.

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

Out of all the players we have he’s the one who could become elite , he should always be playing if he’s fit Β as should Wilson, still yet to hear a convincing argument as to why they can’t both be on the pitch at the same time .

Β 

Because we've played both together before and Isak looks lost at LW?

If we played a 4-2-3-1, it'd be Isak in the '10' hole, just behind Wilson imo.

Β 

I think we've got the players for it but Howe only goes 4-3-3 so I don't think we're going to see a game where we start out like that.

Β 

Something like

Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β L.staff/Tonali-Bruno

Gordon--Isak--Joelinton/Barnes

---------Wilson-----------

5 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Lacks stamina, apparently πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

Β 

Clowns

???

Β 

Compared to Wilson, Big Joe, Willock, Longstaff etc. he does. As @SmalΒ said - you can tell pressing doesn't come naturally to him.Β  He came out in the second half with a lot more aggression and intense pressing than he usually does and then he looked knackered. Howe said it himself last season, he doesn't have the stamina to play Howe-ball for 90 minutes and I still don't think he does.

Β 

Needs to get on the injera and shiro.

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

???

Β 

Compared to Wilson, Big Joe, Willock, Longstaff etc. he does. As @SmalΒ said - you can tell pressing doesn't come naturally to him.Β  He came out in the second half with a lot more aggression and intense pressing than he usually does and then he looked knackered. Howe said it himself last season, he doesn't have the stamina to play Howe-ball for 90 minutes and I still don't think he does.

Β 

Needs to get on the injera and shiro.

They're not playing "Howe ball for 90mins" anymore tho. Any fool can see that and why they're not?Β 

Β 

6 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Lacks stamina, apparently πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

Β 

Β 

Probably addicted to snus, like Krafth and everyone else from Sweden, tbh.

Β 

https://theathletic.com/4347316/2023/03/30/premier-league-snus-players-addiction/

Pressing as the striker can be a thankless task, tbf. Out style seems to leave the forward to do the work between the 2 CBs until the rest of the team are ready to trigger. We'll press to a decent degree in most games so either Isak works on it or we need to rotate him in-game with wingers a bit more to try and protect his legs.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

???

Β 

Β 

Early-Howe Willock was another who also didn't have the right amount of intensity in his game. It had to be coached into him and now he's a machine. It will definitely come.Β 

17 hours ago, Smal said:

Β 

Early-Howe Willock was another who also didn't have the right amount of intensity in his game. It had to be coached into him and now he's a machine. It will definitely come.Β 

Aye. He seems a confident, laid-back character too. These things take time.Β Β 

Β 

His goal is under-rated as well. He does well to sort his feet out and keep his balance enough in time to score with his weaker foot.

Β 

That's my issue with Gabriel Jesus. He always rushes to sort out his feet and is often off balance when he shoots. A big reason he's not clinical. Compared to like Sergio Aguero, he always used to plant his foot strongly before shooting. Ensured great balance and ball striking.