Alexander Isak

Disco

3 hours ago, Amir_9 said:

I think Isak has been great for us so far to be honest and can totally see a bigger club sweeping in for him if we don't get our act together ASAP.

What I like about him is his ability to play as a 10 or even a 7 when he isn't the main striker yet still contribute effectively and/or score.

This ‘positions as numbers’ pish again

What is a ‘7’?  I’ve never seen Isak play right wing - the usual ‘7’ position, nor as a deep lying forward if that’s what a ‘10’ is.

Would folks be able to use words so daft twats like me can understand what you’re on about?

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

What is a ‘7’?  I’ve never seen Isak play right wing - the usual ‘7’ position, nor as a deep lying forward if that’s what a ‘10’ is.

Would folks be able to use words so daft twats like me can understand what you’re on about?

From what I have personally seen with the way he's demonstrated his overall skillset I sort of rate his ability to operate in positions not just in the usual "striker" position. He can see a pass in the box and he can come in side from out the box into it with great effect, he has the legwork.

Just now, Amir_9 said:

From what I have personally seen with the way he's demonstrated his overall skillset I sort of rate his ability to operate in positions not just in the usual "striker" position. He can see a pass in the box and he can come in side from out the box into it with great effect, he has the legwork.

Yeah, agreed - though I’d still prefer he stays at centre forward

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, agreed - though I’d still prefer he stays at centre forward

Yes I agree with you, I was just stating I like and highly rate his apparent co-capabilities in other attacking positions.

Edited by Amir_9

2 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

Yes I agree with you, I was just stating I like and highly rate his apparent co-capabilities in other attacking positions.

Makes sense mate.  I just get bamboozled with numbers beinn my used - there isn’t always a consistent position etc for each number 

Excluding our home game last season, for obvious reasons.  In 3 games against Liverpool and the usually unflappable VVD.  He has scored and had another ruled out for a ridiculously tight offside call in the first game.  Got him sent off in one game and then scored last night after running off him.  Pretty rare for a striker to have much joy against VVD.

Isak's movement on and off the ball is usually spot on.  He had acres of space playing againat Liverpool's high back line last night.  But we rarely got it to him. 

57 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Excluding our home game last season, for obvious reasons.  In 3 games against Liverpool and the usually unflappable VVD.  He has scored and had another ruled out for a ridiculously tight offside call in the first game.  Got him sent off in one game and then scored last night after running off him.  Pretty rare for a striker to have much joy against VVD.

Isak's movement on and off the ball is usually spot on.  He had acres of space playing againat Liverpool's high back line last night.  But we rarely got it to him. 

Also the arm offside pre assist for Burn's header. 

He's genuine class, really hope we get the bodies back to support him properly for the last months of the season, as mentioned Willock is a massive loss but I think Barnes and his general final third quickness of thought could feed Isak plenty of chances too.

13 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Its trendyspeak bollocks isnt it ? False number 9 , double pivot etc 🤓

2 hours ago, Orphanage said:

Its trendyspeak bollocks isnt it ? False number 9 , double pivot etc 🤓

:)

I can deal with ‘false 9’ and ‘double pivot’ easier tbf.  Still think the ‘double pivot’ thing is a bit wank; it’s basically playing with two half-backs, as football did for decades without calling them ‘pivots’. 

I know you should never really miss those, but I still enjoyed watching him put it in the exact space where the defender couldn't get anywhere near it for the first goal. Trademark precision one on one.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

That 2nd isn't the nothing finish he makes it look like, they're often shanked wide, but he's scalpel sharp with his finishing.

That’s what I came here to post too.  Over the bar head in heads.  Happens so often.