Alexander Isak

Disco

25 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Happy he scored because he really should've passed to Gordan for that chance in the second half.

Think it was Barnes but yeah I agree

Another huge positive of today is him getting on the scoresheet before the international break. He's been poor in the last two games; should've had a pen but you fucking pass there every time, man. That's a striker whose anxiety about not scoring is clouding his decision making. So it's a huge boost that it happened. 

Was absolutely baffled that he didn't square it, didn't look like a pen from where I was sitting but would have to see it again. So pleased he scored though, hopefully can settle now and go on a run. Tonali's first time through balls will help massively in unlocking Isak. Exciting times coming!

24 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Sick of this grifter now. You do transfers mate. Don’t start commenting on games and goals 

Mirrors the build up to our games. We were lucky to keep ahold of Isak, Bruno and Gordon etc

He needs the players around him to pick up their games to get him involved, he's no good bringing the ball down and holding it up for support. Either feed him over the top or round the sides or get in behind with the likes of Gordon and give him the service he needs.

Once our performances improve he'll be banging them in for fun again.

Was screaming at him to square it for Barnes, but after barely touching the ball strikers tend to do that type of stuff. We need to get him more of ball to get the best out of him.

4 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

Got very little service today,would expect that from an away game.

Not sure if that's what you meant, but this wasn't an away game. Could be interpreted both ways.

Edited by Erikse

3 minutes ago, M1tche said:

Was screaming at him to square it for Barnes, but after barely touching the ball strikers tend to do that type of stuff. We need to get him more of ball to get the best out of him.

Almost seemed like he didn't even look to his side. Anyone know if he did?

37 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Sick of this grifter now. You do transfers mate. Don’t start commenting on games and goals 

And we kept the bids silent, unlike that Cockney Wide boy at Palace

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Will have to have a look again, if it's on MOTD. knowing his vision, though, I'm positive he saw Barnes. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Looks like he's lacking a bit of confidence. Its not just a lack of service, he generally just looks a bit uncharacteristicly uncomposed. He'll be back, I'm sure.

He looked the sharpest of the lot in the 1st few games. Maybe, playing every minute this season got to his legs a bit today. 2 weeks off now hopefully, will Wilson be able to come on for minutes going forward, and that will help take the load off him a bit. 

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

Not sure if that's what you meant, but this wasn't an away game. Could be interpreted both ways.

An away game you generally play a bit conservative with your striker feeding off scraps but a home game you expect your striker to get plenty service with the whole team playing on the front foot.

1 minute ago, Myleftboot said:

An away game you generally play a bit conservative with your striker feeding off scraps but a home game you expect your striker to get plenty service with the whole team playing on the front foot.

Yes, I know. I thought you were saying that it was expected, as this was an away game. But it's probably not what you meant.

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

When I watched the replay during the match I noticed that he doesn’t look up at all after he receives the ball.