Alexander Isak

Disco

5 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Lately I can't decide whether our fans are really this mental, or this is top trolling.

Sell Isak, buy Sinclair Armstrong,  Who ?

Sinclair Armstrong that’s scored 3 goals in 61 games for QPR 🤣

8 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Sinclair Armstrong that’s scored 3 goals in 61 games for QPR 🤣

The caller went onto congratulate Pardew on doing an amazing job as Newcastle manager, and said I think you'd love to be in charge now.

Jesus fucking christ [emoji38]

They have to be prank calls

Edited by mighty__mag

20 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Lately I can't decide whether our fans are really this mental, or this is top trolling.

Sell Isak, buy Sinclair Armstrong,  Who ?

There's quite a few fans on social media up for selling Isak and using the money to buy a replacement. It's narrowing down who would be this wonderbar replacement where it starts to get a bit vague.

I think the uncomfortable truth is that we have 3 real top drawer players in Isak, Bruno and Tonali and a manager where his style does not get the best out of them.

So we either cash in and build a squad that plays to Howe's strengths or we build an ethos around them (presuming of course that there is a system that gets the best out of all three) and bring in a manger who plays within that style

3 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I think the uncomfortable truth is that we have 3 real top drawer players in Isak, Bruno and Tonali and a manager where his style does not get the best out of them.

So we either cash in and build a squad that plays to Howe's strengths or we build an ethos around them (presuming of course that there is a system that gets the best out of all three) and bring in a manger who plays within that style

Mourinho has said he always performs best when he has an African striker up front. 

Benni McCarthy, Drogba, Eto'o. 

Would Isak's Eritrean side count? 

9 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

What sort of striker would play to Howe's strengths? We keep being linked with Calvert-Lewin, would we really be a better team with him in and Isak out?

Just now, TRon said:

What sort of striker would play to Howe's strengths? We keep being linked with Calvert-Lewin, would we really be a better team with him in and Isak out?

I've no idea, it may well be the formation rather than the overall style. I'm sure we could still be direct and pressing as the primary focus with a number 10, and wither as the main man or the 10 maybe Isak would thrive.

Or maybe the answer is a fit Wilson type player

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Isak just looks so isolated in our system.

With the way we play I think we need a striker who is comfortable being very isolated and holding up the ball.

Honestly, he needs to play as a number 10 with a proper ST being up front. 4-2-3-1

Pope

Tino Schar Botman Hall
Tonali Bruno
Gordon, Isak, Barnes

Wilson

Subs:

Joelinton for Barnes (LW)

Willock for Isak (10)

Osula for Wilson (ST)
Murphy/Almiron for Gordon (RW)

Longstaff/Miley for Tonali/Bruno (CM)

It's really as simple as that. 

27 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

The in form Isak of last season has 4 goals in his last 2 games.  Seems to have lost his ruthless, ice man streak.  

Always suspected he falls into the trap of scoring a nice goal rather than a ruthless no nonsense finish. It’s crept into his penalty taking style a bit so could see the miss at Burnley coming.

The Brighton miss reminded me of his home debut when he tried to be too cute one on one (think it was Palace) and fluffed a dink. Chelsea on Sunday he did the hard part then started to think how cool/extravagant he could finish and before he knew it the chance had gone.

I still think he looks best as a two or able to float left or right as a wide forward. He’s not a fox in the box player. I appreciate his goal on Sunday makes that statement look silly [emoji38]

I am really struggling with the idea a player who has averaged 1 assist every 12 games in his career should be playing as a 10, there is next to nothing 10ish about the way Isak plays, which I suppose is why he is kicking on 26 and played under multiple managers who have never really played him there. 

If he was a 10, he has an assist yesterday, but he didn't have the vision for it, he is a modern day main center forward all day 

Edited by JEToon

Isak ain't a 10, he'd offer no defensive ability at all, and I don't see him as a odegard/Palmer type who can thread passes all game long, he's better when he's running with the ball 

I think he'd be better playing off a striker, Arsenal often play in a 4-4-2 style with Havertz as the target man

He’s not a back to goal, hold it up striker which is what he is ending having to try to be due to our overall poor play.

We need Bruno and Sandro to hit through balls for him to latch on to or for the wide players to get the crosses in for him to attack. I read that he’s not a fox in the box type but recall a couple he scored against West Ham with him attacking a cross/cut back and there’s others if anyone cares to look through his YouTube goal compilations.

He’s not blame free I.e. missing chances and not passing when he should but we need to get the overall team playing better to get the best out of him.

Retaining the ball better, better midfield movement as I don’t see others driving into space to receiving the ball when a teammate receives it and then in turn others moving off the back of that to receive a pass. I recall the in 4th place year triangle passes which we don’t pull off anymore ( seems disjointed). We need more incisive attacking play instead of endless toothless passing (see Brighton game).