Alexander Isak

Disco

I can’t really make my mind up about it, but is his pressing a lot worse than Wilson? Seems to get caught not going for anyone, keeper or defender, and jogs around. But then again I’m not sure what he is being told to do/the plan. Thought his dribbling looked good but so isolated in possession. 

Just now, gbandit said:

Thought he was our best player today, just needs to be more clinical. If you could morph his general ability with Wilson’s finishing you’d have a striker to rival Haaland

He is our best player, but far from it today.

Wilson to start next game pls.

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

Also has to be said he could have done better almost everything he did today. 

I thought he was our most threatening player, but his finishing let him down. No matter how good he is, he's allowed to miss some chances now and again.

Said before, I just don't think he is suited to being a lone central striker. He makes the most impact when he comes wide. Obviously it hasn't helped we offer nothing for support through the middle or passes created for him. I'm not sure we are set up to get the most out of him playing through the middle. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I thought he was our most threatening player, but his finishing let him down. No matter how good he is, he's allowed to miss some chances now and again.

He was our most threatening player by far but that doesnt say much really. Not blaiming him even though the miss was poor, and I think he could have done better with the first chance.

33 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

He was our most threatening player by far but that doesnt say much really. Not blaiming him even though the miss was poor, and I think he could have done better with the first chance.

So if you're not blaming him why did you say he could have done better in everything he did today?

35 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Said before, I just don't think he is suited to being a lone central striker. He makes the most impact when he comes wide. Obviously it hasn't helped we offer nothing for support through the middle or passes created for him. I'm not sure we are set up to get the most out of him playing through the middle. 

A bit like Nunez for Liverpool then. Looked hopeless against deep defences, but lethal against us when we pushed too many players up the pitch without the ability to retain possession.

His decision making/final shot was off today

- The one where he beats the defender and then passes back to no one, should really have been a simple pass to the back post and a tap in for Gordon

- Then there is the one where he is through, rather than keep cutting across the defender and going with his left he shifts back on to the right and let's the defender get back

- Then there is the chance that Tonali sets him up with, was at him quite quickly but expect him to do better

3 big moments, all whilst the game was 0-0 which makes it all the more frustrating

7 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

His decision making/final shot was off today

- The one where he beats the defender and then passes back to no one, should really have been a simple pass to the back post and a tap in for Gordon

- Then there is the one where he is through, rather than keep cutting across the defender and going with his left he shifts back on to the right and let's the defender get back

- Then there is the chance that Tonali sets him up with, was at him quite quickly but expect him to do better

3 big moments, all whilst the game was 0-0 which makes it all the more frustrating

He really needs to be more selfish and clinical. Has to have that ruthlessness and hit it instead of trying to setup someone else. Ferguson had two cracks at goal and it ended up in the back of the net. I'm sure had Isak pulled the trigger in atleast one of the situations you mentioned, it would have been a goal too.