Alexander Isak

Disco

Getting a bit concerned at the fact he never plays more than 60 minutes ever. Surely he should be able to run a bit more by now?

That said he's absolutely class and if he can be in condition by the start of next season he'll be great.

Just now, Big Geordie said:

Playing when unfit, IMO - due to necessity.

Yup. Was clearly pre arranged with him and Willock tonight. I don’t mind Gordon up top tbh but tonight showed the flaws massively. 

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Yup. Was clearly pre arranged with him and Willock tonight. I don’t mind Gordon up top tbh but tonight showed the flaws massively. 

There has to be room in 25man squad, for an understudy (youngish) striker. Us only having Isak and Wilson given their injury record is asking for bother.

5 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

There has to be room in 25man squad, for an understudy (youngish) striker. Us only having Isak and Wilson given their injury record is asking for bother.

Totally agree and suspect next season there will be. I’d not be surprised at all if we look to peddle Wilson in the summer, I’d definitely be considering it if Forest fancy it again :lol:

I've said loads of times I think Wilson was on the way out sooner if he hadn't put together that freakish period of form that got him in the England squad. Meant that we decided to go with other signings instead of a backup striker. 

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Totally agree and suspect next season there will be. I’d not be surprised at all if we look to peddle Wilson in the summer, I’d definitely be considering it if Forest fancy it again :lol:

Wilson should have been sold in the summer. We absolutely must become good sellers to circumvent FFP. 

10 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Wilson should have been sold in the summer. We absolutely must become good sellers to circumvent FFP. 

Do agree but easier said than done though. 90% would’ve been spitting feathers of he’d been peddled in the summer. 

10 minutes ago, Disco said:

Do agree but easier said than done though. 90% would’ve been spitting feathers of he’d been peddled in the summer. 

Totally agree. He scored 18 goals for us last season, had we sold him in the summer after scoring that many, there'd have been hell on.

Edited by Scoot

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Totally agree. He scored 18 goals for us last season, had we sold him in the summer after scoring that many, there'd have been hell on.

Don’t discount myself from that btw, not being snide but it’s something as mentioned we need to get with and not treat as an Ashley wind up. 

14 minutes ago, Disco said:

You’re probably right but so what? You can’t be swayed by fan opinion particularly when it’s so short sighted. 

We had Hell when we sold Cole, still remember being in tears ( :lol: ) but ultimately we had KKs amazing communication skills and someone we believed in; Eddie can pull that off. 

Your right about the hell though; I did hint it during the summer and it didn’t go down well. :lol:

28 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We need to start cashing in when players are going through good form that we know will drop off. Miggy, Longstaff are two ships that have likely sailed. The world class players are exempt from this thinking.

1 minute ago, TRC said:

We need to start cashing in when players are going through good form that we know will drop off. Miggy, Longstaff are two ships that have likely sailed. The world class players are exempt from this thinking.

Longstaff is a big different imo, obviously he’s having a rough time but for me he will always be a useful squad player who helps with Homegrown requirements even if I’m not looking at him to start week in and week out. 

And your right; Miggy fits the Wilson criteria of someone we should have been trying to let go in the summer too. 

I think given the way footballs going it becomes increasingly difficult to sell players of Miggy profile mind, everyone is basically targeting the same profile (young with potential to improve the sell on value). Club were clearly desperate to flog him in January as well. :lol:  

Ps we should have taken Bayerns money as well :lol:

10 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We had Hell when we sold Cole, still remember being in tears ( :lol: ) but ultimately we had KKs amazing communication skills and someone we believed in; Eddie can pull that off. 

Would be an interesting one. That era you got your news through the Ronnie and Look North. Now it’s 24/7 from thousands of bellends. It’d be wild and it’ll be interesting to see it happen. 

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Getting a bit concerned at the fact he never plays more than 60 minutes ever. Surely he should be able to run a bit more by now?

That said he's absolutely class and if he can be in condition by the start of next season he'll be great.

We have to be careful with him when Wilson is confirmed to be out for so long. Wouldn't be surprised if Gordon got an injury at some point too with all the minutes he's been forced to play which would leave us with no one.

Who would even be the emergency striker if Isak, Wilson, Gordon and Joelinton were all out? Murphy?

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He literally just came back from injury three days ago. He probably shouldn't even be playing 60 minutes yet 

7 hours ago, Disco said:

Think the Scabs will be too busy in a post relegation FFP fire sale to take him. 

6 hours ago, Scoot said:

Hindsight 20:20 and all that. We do have to be slightly more aggressive sellers though.

10 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

Cannot actually play with his back to goal. Finds holding the ball up an impossibility. 

He's not that type of striker. FWIW, neither is Mo Salah.

I was watching him up front yesterday when we were in possession and his movement was still good, he was hanging on the shoulders of defenders, looking to get played in, but our football was too shit and it never reached him.

Maybe we need a different type of striker, but I still think he's class, and we just need a better supply line.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

He's not that type of striker. FWIW, neither is Mo Salah.

I was watching him up front yesterday when we were in possession and his movement was still good, he was hanging on the shoulders of defenders, looking to get played in, but our football was too shit and it never reached him.

Maybe we need a different type of striker, but I still think he's class, and we just need a better supply line.

Mo Salah plays on the wing. Any central attacker needs to be able to play with their back to goal. Gordon did it pretty well last night - dropping off and linking up play.

Isak doesn't look 100% fit so needs to be managed carefully.

One larger point. Eddie's system only seems to work when the press is super intense. Even when fully fit - I don't think Isak has the conditioning for it for 90 minutes at the moment. He needs a fully summer to get his conditioning to the right levels. If he needs surgery - he may not get the time.

Isak’s world class and an incredible talent but it does frustrate me how often he gets muscled off the ball when players try to pass to him. He’s often in a good position to receive it and then stays static while the defender nips in and takes it. He’s a world away from being a target man and we need to find a way to play him in more where he’s running onto balls or receiving balls in space as it doesn’t really work to pass to him when he has a defender on his back